FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which do you prefer? cPanel or DirectAdmin?

Do you prefer cPanel or DirectAdmin?
I prefer cPanel.
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
I prefer DirectAdmin.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
They're both good.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

dan751
I'm pretty sure that I have posted this in the correct section so as to not have this thread locked.
This not as like a petition, to ask Bondings to change the new servers control panel!
I have been using cPanel ever since I moved to my old host and to the glorious and wonderful Frihost.
The new server that Frihost has doesn't have cPanel as stated in the Announcements forum, rather DirectAdmin.

I am curious: Do you prefer cPanel or DirectAdmin?

I myself would never use the DirectAdmin by choice. It's simply to complex for me, if I used it for some time, I could probably get used to it, but I wouldn't want to.

A demo of cPanel can be found here:
Quote:
http://cpdemo.2serveu.net/index.htm

And a demo of the new DirectAdmin can be found here:
Quote:
http://www.directadmin.com:2222/
username: demo_user
password: demo

What are your inputs??
dan751
Wow, I thought more people would reply to this thread.
Indyan
It is a lil confusing in Direct Admin.
cpanel is wht i am used to.
win66
I prefer Cpanel.But Cpanel is very expensive.So my host is using direct Admin.
hcjgh
i realy prefere cpanel. I dont know why but i just do:)
Marcio
I prefer the Cpaniel, for its options and its easy use. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Direct Admin has options simple, but reduced. Confused Confused

But still I did not know it total. Wink Wink Wink
Lukrasha
I am a very big fan of Cpanel, mainly because it's the only control panel I've ever used Twisted Evil
Keikei
cPanel since that's what I'm used to so far. Haven't used DirectAdmin before until now (demo), but it seems pretty decent. Guess I'll need to get used to it since if I get approved, that's what I'll be using. Surprised
n0obie4life
I've used Directadmin, VHCS and Cpanel.

Using cpanel the most as most hosts use it.

We have to get use to new interfaces Smile

I like all 3 of them, although each of them have their pros and cons.
Bookface
i feel like directadmin is a lot more usable, but with a lot less features. and I love features, because they let you do stuff. I'd rather have a few more clicks and a less attractive interface than one that's sleek and well formatted but luss functional.
Donutey
cpanel has more features, but is somewhat cluttered...

directadmin is more... elegant i guess is the way i would put it, or user accesible...
izcool
I've learned a lot about cPanel on multiple web hosts that I've been with. I've been with some web hosts that have their own administration area, but I find cPanel the best since I know it. I've used some others and didn't find them very impressing. I could cope with others if I really had to.

- Mike.
grade-8
cpanel and da are both good ..

da is faster .. and easier for use .. and have a good security

cpanel is also good but it's to much expencive!
gamo
dan751 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I have posted this in the correct section so as to not have this thread locked.
This not as like a petition, to ask Bondings to change the new servers control panel!
I have been using cPanel ever since I moved to my old host and to the glorious and wonderful Frihost.
The new server that Frihost has doesn't have cPanel as stated in the Announcements forum, rather DirectAdmin.

I am curious: Do you prefer cPanel or DirectAdmin?

I myself would never use the DirectAdmin by choice. It's simply to complex for me, if I used it for some time, I could probably get used to it, but I wouldn't want to.

A demo of cPanel can be found here:
Quote:
http://cpdemo.2serveu.net/index.htm

And a demo of the new DirectAdmin can be found here:
Quote:
http://www.directadmin.com:2222/
username: demo_user
password: demo

What are your inputs??

Of course I prefer DirectAdmin to CPanel. Its looks great and robust performance.
For that reason our admin decide to use DirectAdmin that is a right decision I think.
donj
Cpanel or Direct Admin. Cpanel has many options (fantastico Very Happy) but is very expensive. Direct Admin is less expensive. If they were both free I chose Cpanel, but now I chose DirectAdmin.
GiLaD
Of course I preffer cPanel. Altough cPanel is very expansive, it has much more features in it, it's easier to load, and I think it's a bit more stylish.
Huhnteufel
cPanel is generally the standard, and that's what I'll always prefer to use. But as long as I can get my site up and running, the control panel isn't too big of a deal. Like everyone has pretty much said, cPanel has more functionality, but DirectAdmin looks far more elegant.
sonic-man
I prefer cPanel