FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how about my computer hard configuration?

lovelyviki
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz ,0.99GB Memory, it is very slow in operating.
Bluedoll
lovelyviki wrote:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz ,0.99GB Memory, it is very slow in operating.

That’s adequate look at your software. You need to give more details and what do you consider to be slow?
weableandbob
If it hasn't been re-installed in a while, you may want to do that-that'll fix pretty much every problem. If it's fairly recent, just run a good virus scanner, CCleaner, etc. to clean out all the junk.
achowles
The main problem is that you've got virtually no RAM. I think that the reason you've got .99GB is that there is a small amount of the RAM being used by your on board graphics - something which is also slowing things down.

But really we need more details about the system if you want any help in sorting it out. We could be talking about a laptop here for all I know.

Yes, cleaning out the system using something like CCleaner can help. But you've got a drastic lack of resources to begin with. If you want to run anything relatively current on it then you're going to need some upgrades. Depending on what you're trying to run that might mean a total replacement.
Ankhanu
achowles wrote:
If you want to run anything relatively current on it then you're going to need some upgrades. Depending on what you're trying to run that might mean a total replacement.

I dunno, mobile versions of Win7 will run fine on that... though those versions of Win7 do suck Razz
WinXP will run just fine too, though it's less current.

Several flavors of Linux will cruise along with that hardware too, as long as you don't make it too flashy.
achowles
Ankhanu wrote:
I dunno, mobile versions of Win7 will run fine on that... though those versions of Win7 do suck Razz
WinXP will run just fine too, though it's less current.

Several flavors of Linux will cruise along with that hardware too, as long as you don't make it too flashy.

True. But we do need to establish exactly what that computer is, what OS the OP is running (gotta love acronyms, right?) and what they want to do with it before we can really establish whether it's good enough and just needs some clearing out or whether... well, if we're honest the alternative would probably just be building a new one.

If they've got Vista on that thing then that would explain everything. Razz
Ankhanu
Yeah, I know. I wasn't addressing the lack of information, though, just pointing out cases where the configuration would be just fine. (I neglected to delete the last sentence in the quote, that's completely my fault)

Like you and bluedoll said, we can't address their actual problem without some data.