FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BE fresher looking for a job!

icool
hey I am from India, and i am good at programming. I am going to finish my engineering course by this May 2011. So I need a job , could anyone hire me?
ayour
you can try US or other countries .
Or Japan i think they are the leaders in computers
Smile
deanhills
icool wrote:
hey I am from India, and i am good at programming. I am going to finish my engineering course by this May 2011. So I need a job , could anyone hire me?
Most important ingredient is experience. If you can't get a job immediately, it would be a good idea to volunteer for programming jobs so that you can build your portfolio. I'm not an expert on the requirements, but I think for Canada they ask for at least four years relevant experience in a skilled category that is needed in Canada, and there has to be documentary proof for it, as well as the person gets to sit for an exam.

As far as I have heard, India is great for programming. I heard Bangalore is almost as good if not better than Silicon Valley in the US. Probably a great place to start then? Once you have four years' solid experience the world can be your oyster.
loyal
I think Google are hiring Very Happy lool
icool
deanhills wrote:
icool wrote:
Most important ingredient is experience. If you can't get a job immediately, it would be a good idea to volunteer for programming jobs so that you can build your portfolio. I'm not an expert on the requirements, but I think for Canada they ask for at least four years relevant experience in a skilled category that is needed in Canada, and there has to be documentary proof for it, as well as the person gets to sit for an exam.

As far as I have heard, India is great for programming. I heard Bangalore is almost as good if not better than Silicon Valley in the US. Probably a great place to start then? Once you have four years' solid experience the world can be your oyster.

Hmm yeah. I too have same plans. I am getting job offers for about 12K rupees per month. I guess thats low. So I am waiting companies like TCS and CTS and Infosys to come out for an Off campus. I hope I get a job by the end of this May.
express
My all the best to getting the job in the TCS and CTS company....
And also please inform me that when the TCS and CTS company will going to contact the Off campus interview..... Because i'm also finished my MCA degree in May 2011....
Very much thanks for your information friend.......
icool
express wrote:
My all the best to getting the job in the TCS and CTS company....
And also please inform me that when the TCS and CTS company will going to contact the Off campus interview..... Because i'm also finished my MCA degree in May 2011....
Very much thanks for your information friend.......

for sure.. I am placed at aithent inc now. I hope i get to learn a lot of things before i think of moving out of this company. Today was the first day at this company and it was awesome. Very friendly atmosphere and on job training. hence I think I will be with this company for a while now. Moreover there is no bond . Very Happy
bukaida
The name of the company is not very important at the begining of your career. Just watchout how much skill you can acquire within short time. Neither the name of the company, nor the number of experience years will help you to go to top. It is only your skillset and expertise that matters at the end of the day. To my opinion, the scope of learning is more at the smaller companies as you will enjoy more freedom. In small company, you will be handling the entire project while in a big company, you may be working only on a module. And last but not the least-Many so called small company pays better than the so called big companies, and works in super specialization areas where there is almost no competetion and hence no chance for job-loss.

P.S-TCS, CTS, Tech-Mahindra etc, generaly places the freshers to the tech-support, where there is hardly any scope for the programming skill development.

AND EVERY BIG COMPANY HAS STARTED THEIR VOYAGE AS SMALL COMPANY. Very Happy It is their concept and ideas which made them big today.
loyal
bukaida wrote:
The name of the company is not very important at the begining of your career. Just watchout how much skill you can acquire within short time.

That's so true. Sometimes, you can gain so much more for a company that isn't massive and isn't very professional (in the sense of how they run things, not in the sense of their standards and ethics).