FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggest a good book for learning php?

icool
I would like to have some in depth knowledge in PHP scripting language.. Please suggest a good book that would enable me to master it.
welshsteve
Not sure if this was in another thread, but I have a few PHP books that have been great for learning from. One of them is from SAMS Publishing. Another is PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites (Visual QuickProject Guides) which can be bought from AMAZON, and another I have is Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development, again available on Amazon. These books have been really helpful in beginning my knowledge
silverdown
I suggest w3schools.com it has a lot of scripting for web-development.
IceCreamTruck
You'll end up at php.net alot

Goto: http://php.net
welshsteve
I've learned almost all my scripting via trial and error with scripts available online, but sometimes it's actually quite nice to have a book with you so you don't have to keep flicking between screens when trying something out. Of course, if you have a dual display, this is takes that out of the equation Smile
SultanMA
I prefer this book:

http://www.computer-books.us/php_0004.php

Thanks
icool
PHP 5 is object oriented i suppose. If I am quite proficient with java and c++ . How much time would I may take for understading the PHP programming . How different is it from the above stated programming languages?
flamepjlh
"Not sure if this was in another thread, but I have a few PHP books that have been great for learning from. One of them is from SAMS Publishing. Another is PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites (Visual QuickProject Guides) which can be bought from AMAZON, and another I have is Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development, again available on Amazon. These books have been really helpful in beginning my knowledge"

===========================

Could you please give more specific discription of the books?
A trial reading some where will be excellent.

Embarassed Embarassed