FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why not have a report button??

Do you agree with my idea of REPORT button for the Forum
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

babumuchhala
I was thinking that this forum should have a report button for reporting posts that are just not fit for the forum

This would make the forum much more easier for the mods to moderate and also the forum would become self moderated

This is what i think will become inevtable when the forum becomes hyperactive.
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
I was thinking that this forum should have a report button for reporting posts that are just not fit for the forum

This would make the forum much more easier for the mods to moderate and also the forum would become self moderated

This is what i think will become inevtable when the forum becomes hyperactive.

That would be a nice option to add, but the problem is how to make it. (and btw, every mod takes bandwith and cpu and thus slows the entire website/server)

If the forum gets larger, more moderators will be added.
babumuchhala
I vist the thinkdigit forum and they have a report button, u could register there and ask the mod raaabo for help, or maybe there might be some hack on phpBB site.

Does any member know about this Question
Alienz
Yes there is a modification for phpBB forum. You need to do some editing to some of the forum files.

You can get it from here.
Helios
The report mod will add a link at each post.. hmm you can try to transform that link into a button near the "quote" button =\
foggy
Helios wrote:
The report mod will add a link at each post.. hmm you can try to transform that link into a button near the "quote" button =\

I believe that's what it does. That is the only type of report button that I have ever seen, and I seem to remember installing this mod on a forum of my own a while ago.
Maka
Sounds good but to many mods cause havoc.
Helios
Maka wrote:
Sounds good but to many mods cause havoc.

if you´ll install them correcly they won´t.
foggy
Eventually, with a large amount of mods, your board will start slowing down, no matter how well they were installed. It's a fact of the internet. Confused
Bockman
foggy wrote:
Eventually, with a large amount of mods, your board will start slowing down, no matter how well they were installed. It's a fact of the internet. Confused

I Iwould say: "It's a fact of SQL. Confused"

More MOD's means more query's to the db.. adding to it more users (and hopefully, it will keep growing steadilly), you will have a db serving too many queries and it'll slow up. i have been experiencing those problems on another forum and it got down to removing mod's and closing down certain subforums that were filling up the db and had nothing to do with the forums purposes (the first one we had to close was one like our general chat)

Although the report mod is a good way of doing it, our team maintains an eye on all forums at the moment and can keep it clean. anything you see that needs to be modearted urgently and you see me online, don't hesitate to warn me through pm (but keep in mind this procedure is ONLY for urgent matters).

Be Well Cool
bananaphone
I think thats a fantastic idea!!
I keep having to PM moderators and tell them that someone is spamming - this is much easier!!
n0obie4life
Great bump Rolling Eyes

-close-