FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound Card Problem

nepalstar
I've Pentium IV desktop computer after reinstalling Windows XP I could not install audio driver and I don't have Mother Board CD and I don't know the model of Mother board so anyone suggest me how to find the model of mother board and audio driver installed in my desktop to watch my favorite movie and play games...

Thanks,
Helios
The easiest method is to open your PC case and look for the company and model on the PCB itself. Should be printed somewhere along the edges of the board.

The best way which doesn't require any special software is to decipher the manfacturer code stored on your BIOS.
Here's a guide: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/34

It's also possible to go through the hassle annd download Lavalys Everest or SiSoftware Sandra... both programs have the ability to tell you the model of your motherboard.
For example this is my motherboard, displayed using Everest:
flamepjlh
Helios wrote:
The easiest method is to open your PC case and look for the company and model on the PCB itself. Should be printed somewhere along the edges of the board.

The best way which doesn't require any special software is to decipher the manfacturer code stored on your BIOS.

It's also possible to go through the hassle annd download Lavalys Everest or SiSoftware Sandra... both programs have the ability to tell you the model of your motherboard.

That's right. Use Everest to display your motherboard model and find the model and manufacture of the sound card.

go to the manufacture's home page to find your driver or just Google it ! Laughing
nepalstar
Helios wrote:

Actually I have inbuilt sound card not the extra one... so what to do? is this related with the mother board? I checked mother board number but I didn't notice printed model no in the board.. so I can know that from bios...?? if yes how... plz suggest me...
airh3ad
please check the exact model of the sound card then download a driver to there websites. make sure your sound card is working.
ProwerBot
You could try one of those programs that searches for needed drivers for your computer. Off topic:Pentium 3? Good gosh haha.
nepalstar
Helios wrote:

Thank you,
I will try Lavalys Everest or SiSoftware Sandra..
nepalstar
nepalstar wrote:
Helios wrote:

Thank you,
I will try Lavalys Everest or SiSoftware Sandra..

I tried with "SiSoftware Sandra" but that didn't work for me... after installing when I try to run that application the computer restarts automatically...!

What happened..? any suggestion guys...!
achowles
Edit: okay, so I just found Speccy.

I've just tried it myself and it will tell you what your motherboard is and maybe even your sound chip. If it doesn't go that far at least you'll have something to look up online.

_______

Can you find out your computer's brand and model number (assuming it's not a custom build)?

Finding the necessary drivers online would be easy after that if you could.[/url]
nepalstar
Is anybody know the website to get information about mother board and other peripheral device installed/not installed (like Sound cad, Network card, etc.) on computer online..! I've tried SiSoftware Sandra but that didn't work in my case so I wish to get information online without installing any software in my computer.. plz suggest me...!
cybersa
Try this in Run
Dxdiag
achowles
nepalstar wrote:
Is anybody know the website to get information about mother board and other peripheral device installed/not installed (like Sound cad, Network card, etc.) on computer online..!

No. Because you need to know what brand and model number (assuming there is one) beforehand.

Like I said, speccy will get you the information you need quickly and easily.
nepalstar
achowles wrote:
nepalstar wrote:
Is anybody know the website to get information about mother board and other peripheral device installed/not installed (like Sound cad, Network card, etc.) on computer online..!

No. Because you need to know what brand and model number (assuming there is one) beforehand.

Like I said, speccy will get you the information you need quickly and easily.

Ok I'm going to downloading Speccy, and I'll try it.. hope this is solve my problem.. !