FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


japan earthquake is end?





Cliffer
japan earthquake is end? i don't think so,maybe it just begins.
deanhills
Why do you say so? I know that one usually gets aftershocks, such as Christchurch in New Zealand got several months after their earthquake of November last year. In fact, the second earthquake was worse than the first one. Looks as though more earthquakes in Japan are predicted by John McCloskey, a geophysicist at the University of Ulster in Coleraine, UK. Refer article in NatureNews.
Quote:
The sequence of quakes has probably also affected the stress field further south along the fault zone, critically increasing the earthquake risk in the Tokyo region, he says.

"There is a strong interaction of quakes along a subduction zone, and we can certainly expect a number of major aftershocks in the next weeks," he says. "Some may be as large as, or even stronger than, the quake that last month devastated Christchurch in New Zealand. And chances are that another very large shock could occur to the south near Tokyo."

Doesn't look as though Tokyo is a good place to be in right now.
watersoul
Cliffer wrote:
japan earthquake is end? i don't think so,maybe it just begins.


It's an absolute tragedy for Japan, that's for sure, but if you mean 'the end of the world as we know it' well, I'd have to suggest that is a little bit of an over-reaction.
The planet is forever changing and sometimes it certainly does ruin what we consider 'local normal' life, but does that spell the end? I would say no, probably not.

My guess is that for every major disaster over the many thousands of years we've existed as a species, there has always been people shouting 'end of times', but has it happened? No.
I'm looking forward to Jan 1st 2013 if only to laugh at the doom/fear-mongers and ask them which is the next date they 'predict' will be 'the end' Laughing
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Cliffer wrote:
japan earthquake is end? i don't think so,maybe it just begins.


It's an absolute tragedy for Japan, that's for sure, but if you mean 'the end of the world as we know it' well, I'd have to suggest that is a little bit of an over-reaction.
The planet is forever changing and sometimes it certainly does ruin what we consider 'local normal' life, but does that spell the end? I would say no, probably not.

My guess is that for every major disaster over the many thousands of years we've existed as a species, there has always been people shouting 'end of times', but has it happened? No.
I'm looking forward to Jan 1st 2013 if only to laugh at the doom/fear-mongers and ask them which is the next date they 'predict' will be 'the end' Laughing
Seen from a global perspective I would agree with you. But if I had lived in Christchurch or Japan, maybe my perspective would have been different. Those are islands, and I would imagine islands and coastlines must have been vulnerable for vanishing periodically because of these technical faults. I remember James Michener and his book about Hawai, and I remember in that first paragraph that seemed to have gone on and on about how the island started, first it was there, and then it was gone, and then it was there again. And I guess it can be gone again one day. What is real however is that it's going to take Japan a very long time to get its balance back. And in the meanwhile more earthquakes have been predicted as well, the next one Tokyo.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
What is real however is that it's going to take Japan a very long time to get its balance back

Totally agree there but they will bounce back eventually, and even if it means that some of my taxes are needed to help make that happen then I'll be happy to contribute.
I really think the true dangers of our world are more human inspired though. It would be interesting to see how many people have been killed throughout history by anthropological/human based reasons compared to natural disaters?
My guess is a lot more than 'nature' ever has.

*Edit* Just watched a news report of a lad (the same age as my son) hoping that the emergency services will find his dad. That choked me a bit...if they haven't found him now, it's unlikely they will, but I'm not 13 yrs old and full of hopeful faith Sad
Asap170
deanhills wrote:
Why do you say so? I know that one usually gets aftershocks, such as Christchurch in New Zealand got several months after their earthquake of November last year. In fact, the second earthquake was worse than the first one. Looks as though more earthquakes in Japan are predicted by John McCloskey, a geophysicist at the University of Ulster in Coleraine, UK. Refer article in NatureNews.
Quote:
The sequence of quakes has probably also affected the stress field further south along the fault zone, critically increasing the earthquake risk in the Tokyo region, he says.

"There is a strong interaction of quakes along a subduction zone, and we can certainly expect a number of major aftershocks in the next weeks," he says. "Some may be as large as, or even stronger than, the quake that last month devastated Christchurch in New Zealand. And chances are that another very large shock could occur to the south near Tokyo."

Doesn't look as though Tokyo is a good place to be in right now.


We can sometimes predict. There is a 50/50 chance of it continuing. Mother Nature has it's own way of doing things. And this being the end of Japan...I don't think so. But the United States may get a economy boost because of this.
airtrecklegends
I once heard that america feared 2 things the most

A 3rd World War and japan's Economy how "lucky" were the americans

With the techonlogy that exists nowadays a device that able to shake things a little bit wouldn't be impossible

I'm not bashing Americans at all cause i believe Democracy dosen't exist nowadays the government around the word rules the pepole for they're own profit and not for the pepole

But well i just hope i'm wrong about this "Earthquake" thing

And japan already suffered with hiroshima and nagazaki they will bounce back for sure

just my lunatic 2 cents xD
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:
What is real however is that it's going to take Japan a very long time to get its balance back

Totally agree there but they will bounce back eventually, and even if it means that some of my taxes are needed to help make that happen then I'll be happy to contribute.
Totally agreed. The Japanese in particular are resilient people. Just saw yesterday Sandra Bullock contributed 1-million US. Now that is pretty amazing. Great lady .....
Source: ABCNews
ocalhoun
airtrecklegends wrote:
I once heard that america feared 2 things the most

A 3rd World War and japan's Economy how "lucky" were the americans

With the techonlogy that exists nowadays a device that able to shake things a little bit wouldn't be impossible

I'm not bashing Americans at all cause i believe Democracy dosen't exist nowadays the government around the word rules the pepole for they're own profit and not for the pepole

But well i just hope i'm wrong about this "Earthquake" thing

And japan already suffered with hiroshima and nagazaki they will bounce back for sure

just my lunatic 2 cents xD


Yay! The conspiracy theories have begun to form.
I discussed this with the people I work with, and we came to the conclusion:
The Chinese have the earthquake machine, while it's the Americans who have the weather control machine.
mengshi200
Because of 2012 year coming ,many disasters may be fall in our living world.So i agree this conclusion Japan earthquke maybe just begins.
deanhills
mengshi200 wrote:
Because of 2012 year coming ,many disasters may be fall in our living world.So i agree this conclusion Japan earthquke maybe just begins.
Well I guess if I lived in Japan I'd also start to believe in conspiracy theories. Who can believe that one can be hit by a double whammy of earthquake and tsunami. Almost unthinkable. But if one thinks 2012, everything begins to make great sense .... d'oh!
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
mengshi200 wrote:
Because of 2012 year coming ,many disasters may be fall in our living world.So i agree this conclusion Japan earthquke maybe just begins.
Well I guess if I lived in Japan I'd also start to believe in conspiracy theories. Who can believe that one can be hit by a double whammy of earthquake and tsunami. Almost unthinkable. But if one thinks 2012, everything begins to make great sense .... d'oh!

No, it's just setting the stage for the 2012 theorists to be horribly, ironically, wrong.
2011 will be full of horrible disasters, plagues, and wars.
2012 will be peaceful, calm, and prosperous... Just to spite the 2012 theorists.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
No, it's just setting the stage for the 2012 theorists to be horribly, ironically, wrong.
2011 will be full of horrible disasters, plagues, and wars.
2012 will be peaceful, calm, and prosperous... Just to spite the 2012 theorists.
Laughing Sounds good to me. Although I prefer the theory about something really great happening after 2012 after the world as we have known it has officially ended .... to spite the theorists. Very Happy
menino
It is a tragedy that the Japanese are facing in Japan with the Earthquakes and the tsunami, but as a sign thatis it is the end of the world is preposterous.
The good thing about Japan is that they are working together to build their country back, instead of looking at the sky falling on their heads, which is very commendable of the Japanese people.
Even if it is a sign of the end of the world, its highly unlikely that any of us will survive, unless we have a space ship.
The only thing we should be doing as a people is to help those that have undergone these calamities.
deanhills
What I like about the Japanese is how organized they are. Apparently they are able to help themselves in everything, however are specifically asking help in those areas where they cannot help themselves, like specialist help, such as with the nuclear reactors.
Related topics
Japan on top; Korea lose
Earthquake at Jakarta (Indonesia)
Christ buried in Japan?
Wrestling Legend "EARTHQUAKE" Passes Away
U.S. to Put Patriot Missiles in Japan
North Korea tests a nuclear weapon
question about the end of FMA. <SPOILERS>
Japan!
Japans EarthQuake
UK Weather, China Earthquake, Burmese Cyclone, US tornado
Best time to view autumn in Japan?
Clinton proposes China, Japan join 3-way talks with U.S. to
Does anybody Noticed natural disaster in JAPAN today
Comet Elenin
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.