FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sager NP8130

QrafTee
So after all my research on notebooks, gaming notebooks, prices, GPUs, CPUs, new technology, and everything in between, I've decided to get a Sager NP8130.

I've gotten the following:

• Sager 8130 Ultimate Custom Gaming Notebook Computer (Built on the Clevo P151HM1)
  • 15.6” FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide Screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Ultra Bright Matte Screen
  • 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee!
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 (User Upgradeable!)
  • Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM 2nd Gen. (2.9GHz, 45W) w/6M L3 Cache - 4 Cores - 8 Threads
  • IC Diamond Premium Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
  • 8GB (8192MB) DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM (4gb + 4gb)
  • 500GB l 7200RPM I SATA II-300 (16MB Cache Buffer)
  • 8X DVD±R / RW / 4X +Super Dual Layer Combo Drive with Software
  • Integrated-Built In Fingerprint Reader
  • Enhanced High Definition 3D Audio Sound System with S/P DIF Digital Output - SB Compatible
  • Internal Built-In 7-in-1 Memory Card Reader (MS/MS PRO/MS DUO/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RSMMC)
  • Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Digital Video Camera
  • Integrated Built in 10/1000 Fast Ethernet / LAN Network Card
  • Integrated Built in Intel Centrino 6300 A/B/G/N Ultimate-N WiFi Link
  • Standard 8 Cell Smart Li-ion Battery
  • Standard Full Range AC Adapter with Power Cord
  • Sager 3 Year Labor, 1 Yr Parts Warranty
I'm so excited!
Helios
Sounds good dude!
Hopefully the hard disk is large enough for you... 500GB nowadays is not really high capacity for most people.
Also I wouldn't pay for a fancier GPU since it is still less powerful than a regular PC's GPU.
I would however pay for a good CPU, like the i7 which you have here and for good RAM.
Eventually of course it all depends on the user, if there are any specific limitations...

I do wonder about the battery life of this baby...

Right, enjoy! Razz
Ankhanu
Those are some nice specs! They're mostly on par with and in some cases exceed the specs on my new MacBook Pro!
You stuck running Windows, or are you running a flavour of Linux?

How much was it?
william
Very nice configuration, and a great deal too. That is the exact configuration I would get if I was buying the NP8130 (except the IC Diamond since I've got a couple tubes of good thermal paste lying around).

It's crazy though, these Sandy Bridge notebook processors are matching or beating last generation desktop i7s, and a GTX 460M can play quite literally any game on the market right now at high settings. Oh, and you're also getting the better screen standard by opting for the NP8130 over the NP8150.

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy the beast. Very Happy

Edit: Also, I've been thinking about getting either this or an NP8150 for awhile now (unless Ivy Bridge notebooks start rolling out in the next couple months) and I have been wondering what kind of battery life comes out of the GTX 460M versions. I've seen detailed numbers for GTX 485M notebooks, but I just hear 2-3 for the former. Mind sharing how it does when it arrives? Wink