FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Official Idiot Test!

LittleBlackKitten

I passed in seconds!
catscratches
I don't think it's possible to embed other video sources than YouTube on Frihost, which makes it quite obvious.
Zenk
This is so obvious, you can see the loss of quality on the picture at the bottom + some of the panel at the bottom is cut.
Helios
Just click here.

Much better test Twisted Evil
ProfessorY91
I'd just like to note that I completely ignored the first post, and read the replies underneath to try to gauge whether the first post was worth watching. So I win, but I'm still an idiot. Ah, idiots, we are surrounded by them, from n = 0 to n = infinity.
airtrecklegends
I'm an idito.... xD Twice cause i also clicked the moderator guy link xD
Blaster
Woo I passed... I guess that means i'm not an Idiot?
LittleBlackKitten
You see, catscratches and Zenk? It's not as easy as you think. Lol, this made me giggle. Thanks everyone! Very Happy
ratanegra
I passed it in less than 2 seconds, but not for the quality or anything. I just noticed that since it wouldn't play it would be smart to check if it were an image. And there you go! Easy points...
LittleBlackKitten
If you clicked it, you fail. Very Happy
ratanegra
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
If you clicked it, you fail. Very Happy

Nah... Cus then how am I supposed to know it's not a video?

EDIT: Yeah, I just saw the text under the vid... That's just not normal.
LittleBlackKitten
On top AND above the video itself in the frame. Points, grasshopper!
metalfreek
Almost turned myself into an idiot. But thanks god I read comments before clicking on the play button. Very Happy
sonam
I think the test passed only this one who ignore this thread and don' t open it. Mr. Green
But I am not in this group. Eh?

Sonam
ratanegra
sonam wrote:
I think the test passed only this one who ignore this thread and don' t open it. Mr. Green
But I am not in this group. Eh?

Sonam

Intelligent people can be curious too.
sonam
ratanegra wrote:

Intelligent people can be curious too.

I am just joking. Actually this is just joke test, and it is not relevant with intelligence.

Here is one story about Albert Einstein (hope I can good write in English). He was very clever, isn't it?

He have two cats. One big and one small. He cut two holes on his door, one for big cat and one for small one. Very Happy

Intelligent peoples makes mistakes, too.

Sonam
spinout
Hehe, 2 doors...

hum, have you seen the new year edisode of Mr Bean? He is making holes in the wall there Smile
deanhills
sonam wrote:
He have two cats. One big and one small. He cut two holes on his door, one for big cat and one for small one. Very Happy
Cute! Very Happy Would be interesting to see which cat was using which door ..... Confused Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
Dean, that same question crossed my mind "what doors the cats were using" because this really does determine if there were any redeeming qualities of having two cat doors. If the cats were friends, and played together or chased one another, then you'd assume if the larger cat came in the door that fit it's body size, then the smaller cat would follow through the bigger cat door. There would be no reason for the smaller cat to deviate it's path to include the smaller door in route, but the larger cat would have to deviate it's path from the smaller cats path while in pursuit if it couldn't fit through the smaller door.

We're assuming the smaller cat isn't hampered by a more weighty door or spring mechanism to keep it closed. We are also forgetting that cats grow... a larger door may have been installed later, and something prevented it from being installed in the same place.

There could also be a humor aspect to the cat doors if the smaller cat preferred the larger door and the large cat was able to squeeze through the smaller door.

The logical choice: 1 cat door large enough for both cats making sure the door is a manageable for a kitten = less manual labor. I cannot imagine someone who theorizes about the very fabric of your universe not coming to this conclusion. I would put my money on environment and time being the major deciding factors of two cat doors, and the size of the cats playing a more minor role.

I really would like to know the reason there were two cat doors. That's only considering this dimension! For every dimension mirrors our own the number of cat doors is now multiplied by two! Simply put: given our current knowledge we really have no idea how many cat doors their really are, and since we haven't seen any cats Schrodinger would suggest that the cats are both alive and dead until seen in one state or the other.
IceCreamTruck
I deal a lot with images, and someone else pointed out how the image has clues and they were the reason I didn't click it.

It was hard not to try to click even after I knew it was a trick... just a very curious person I guess, but I was stopped because I was sure that was your rouse. Anyone who read further cleverly cheated, so I guess they pass the test?

I want a really good laugh, so I'm going to watch this thread to see if anyone bottom posts the ultimate "I can't get the video at the top to work" give-away that they are really tricked by your stunt here.
ratanegra
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I deal a lot with images, and someone else pointed out how the image has clues and they were the reason I didn't click it.

It was hard not to try to click even after I knew it was a trick... just a very curious person I guess, but I was stopped because I was sure that was your rouse. Anyone who read further cleverly cheated, so I guess they pass the test?

I want a really good laugh, so I'm going to watch this thread to see if anyone bottom posts the ultimate "I can't get the video at the top to work" give-away that they are really tricked by your stunt here.

Agreed.
catscratches
IceCreamTruck wrote:
That's not very smart at all in terms of efficency. It's much faster to simply click the image once than to read through several sentences.
emanuel2
damn I am an idiot xD
achowles
Well it did kind of look like an image due to the text on it and the cropped out bottom bit of the bar. Usually the mouse pointer changes to a hand if it goes over a video. No change. No idiot test failure! Yay!
william
Hmm, so I opened this thread wondering why there was an image of a video. I didn't click it at first because I thought it was obvious that it was just an image. I then clicked and dragged it around for no reason and tried to figure out what you were trying to do. Perhaps it was supposed to be a link or there was something I was missing. Either way, scrolled down and it made sense. Razz

If it was an embedded Youtube video, I probably still wouldn't have clicked it. I would scroll down to see if it was worth watching. Wink
IceCreamTruck
william wrote:
Hmm, so I opened this thread wondering why there was an image of a video. I didn't click it at first bec I then clicked and dragged it around for no reason and tried to figure out what you were trying to do.

If it's a good test or not is up to speculation, but you epically failed. click = fail (according to the test) dragging it around = pretty funny

I think the test breaks on the point of smart people have trouble believing it's that simple. Smart people are inclined to click because if it's really some kind of good trick we want to know exactly how it duped us.
ratanegra
As you said recently, IceCreamTruck, I could have clicked it, but how could I be sure it wasn't a video? If I hadn't clicked it and I had just gone down, read all the topics and posted "what a good joke miss", I would have been risking myself to falling in a common mistake: taking everything for granted.
IceCreamTruck
ratanegra wrote:
As you said recently, IceCreamTruck, I could have clicked it, but how could I be sure it wasn't a video? If I hadn't clicked it and I had just gone down, read all the topics and posted "what a good joke miss", I would have been risking myself to falling in a common mistake: taking everything for granted.

I guess you could say that's why I was so tempted to click it even after I guess that was the trick, and read further. You are correct... the test is not a good experiment because good experiments eliminate variables, so that you are testing for one outcome, and can read the results. I've already argued that smart people may click just simply to determine the depth of the test, and it's trickery. Seeing how it's a simple trick I think those "tested" click simply because they are not satisfied.... there's actually a lot of psychology in play here: mine being wanting to click for the hell of it, but not doing so.

Still waiting for that bottom post that will make me laugh really hard! "Hey, I can't get the video to work" I'm watching for it.
LittleBlackKitten
Quote:
Still waiting for that bottom post that will make me laugh really hard! "Hey, I can't get the video to work" I'm watching for it.

That's exactly why I posted this here, lol.
ankitdatashn
I knew it was a picture but still clicked to know how idiots do it Very Happy
CheDragon
Lol!
cybersa
I'm not an Idiot.
Smile