FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YouTube Download

nepalstar
Dear Friends,

I want to download some videos from YouTube, I didn't saw any download link/button on that page. I know there are a lots of software available to download videos from YouTube, anybody could suggest me the best software for YouTube videos download. Don't forget to post the link for download...

Thanks
Helios
There's no need for any client-side software.
Simply use this website with the youtube link and it will generate a new link for you to download the video from: http://keepvid.com/

More such websites can be found via web search:
http://www.google.co.il/search?q=download+from+youtube&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
emanuel2
Jdownloader does also really a good job
ms_j
Real Player, the free version will do the trick (you must check one box while installing to get that function). Also "Download helper", a plugin for Firefox does a good job.
Asap170
I use "Free Youtube Downloader" it works nice. There are different options you can choose for quality and files and stuff. I like it.
nepalstar
Currently I'm using "BienneSoft YouTube Downloaded" in this software I can specify the quality of the Downloading Videos and Existing Videos can be converted in many different format... so I think this is also one good software for downloading YouTube Download....
nepalstar
Helios wrote:
Simply use this website with the youtube link and it will generate a new link for you to download the video from: http://keepvid.com/

More such websites can be found via web search:
http://www.google.co.il/search?q=download+from+youtube&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Wow.. this is really good one... for this I don't have to install client software but I need java installed. Do this support download managers with multiple stream and resume support...?

Thanks
nepalstar
ms_j wrote:
Real Player, the free version will do the trick (you must check one box while installing to get that function). Also "Download helper", a plugin for Firefox does a good job.

Real Player is also able to download the YouTube videos...? Thanks I didn't notice that...
metalfreek
You can use keepvid.com as well. You don't have to download software or anything. Everything is done via browser. Its good but I think JRE is required for download.
nepalstar
metalfreek wrote:
You can use keepvid.com as well. You don't have to download software or anything. Everything is done via browser. Its good but I think JRE is required for download.

Yes, to use keepvid.com it needs JRE.. and sometime it displays error message instead of displaying the link to download. Anyway this is good to use online instead of downloading and installing client software..!
tamilparks
ms_j wrote:
tamilparks
nepalstar wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

Yes, to use keepvid.com it needs JRE.. and sometime it displays error message instead of displaying the link to download. Anyway this is good to use online instead of downloading and installing client software..!
therimalaya
NplStr,

Try installing Cometbird browser software and also bitcomet downloader, the combination of them will help you downloading the you tube video.

The links for them are,

For CometBird:
http://download.cometbird.com/download/CometBird.en-US.installer.exe

For BitComet:
http://download.cnet.com/BitComet/3000-2196_4-10296306.html?part%253Ddl-10296306%2526amp%3bsubj%253Ddl%2526amp%3btag%253Dbutton[/url]
cybersa
Try orbit downloader.
Best tool to download video from most website.
Also it can be used as download manager.

I'm using this about 3years.
nepalstar
cybersa wrote:
Try orbit downloader.
Best tool to download video from most website.
Also it can be used as download manager.

I'm using this about 3years.

Yes Orbit Downloader is better one... I'm using this software to download YouTube videos and I'm using bitcommit as well...

Thanks
iyepes
A friend of mine recommended me aTube catcher, it's good to me, you can choose between many video and audio formats.
ms_j
tamilparks wrote:
ms_j wrote:

Why was I quoted here? LOL

Anyway, what is the problem with having JRE? Because some of you mentioned it like it's important. I have it and don't even notice it except when it needs an update. I mean, I have no problems because I have it.
PGe-tips
If you want download and convert music video's from Youtube (and other streaming video sources) you can use this link:
http://www.video2mp3.net/nl/index.php
My kids love it ... nothing illegal (I presume).
I lot of ad's howver clutter the webside but it works.
celebi269
I use YouTube Downloader HD (LINK). It's very fast and you can choose between video sizes and formats.
ogah
i use IDM (internet download manager)
tamilparks
ms_j wrote:

its very nice
tamilparks
Helios wrote:

keepvid is very nice online you tube downloader
mukesh
celebi269 wrote:
I use YouTube Downloader HD (LINK). It's very fast and you can choose between video sizes and formats.

By this downloader i can only download HD video?
mukesh
ogah wrote:
i use IDM (internet download manager)

me too only use Internet Download Manager but per 30 days after registration of IDM fail so after 30 days need to reinstall my new window.
aryan_zion
There are so many add-ons available for Firefox. Easy YouTube Video Downloader is my choice. It places a download button below the video. I felt like its very convenient. You can download in various formats like flv, mp4, mp3, aac etc. It can download HD videos also. I never used any third party applications for downloading videos from YouTube. If an add-on can do better for you, why would you want to go for a third party application?
xxhotnosxx
Amann
nepalstar wrote:
Dear Friends,

I want to download some videos from YouTube, I didn't saw any download link/button on that page. I know there are a lots of software available to download videos from YouTube, anybody could suggest me the best software for YouTube videos download. Don't forget to post the link for download...

Thanks

The best is to use Ant downloader it downloads from any any side it the best software i have come across and the second way is toto use keep videos that is www.keepvid.com . this site will only works for youtube and gives best results ... even you can choose between different qualities ... you can also download high quality videos aklso (HQ)... try it....
User_X
I bring up this slightly old thread as no one but "aryan_zion" has said anything about the Firefox extensions (Add-ons) and know for a fact that most folks are using nothing but the default. That's what makes Firefox so great. Use them! https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox

I use Video DownloadHelper for most things though it is a bit CPU heavy as the Mozilla site has said - It can download more things then just video.

When you click the "Download now" link & restart Fx then go up to your toolbar, (it's at the top) Right click & choose "Options" find the icon that says "DownloadHelper" and drag that to your add-on bar (at the bottom of your browser) or anywhere in the toolbar. Go to a video site. Start the vid & look for that icon you just moved to be colored. It's gray if there's nothing it can download. The rest you should be able figure out or PM me
Marcuzzo
Last time I checked, Youtube has changed this.
there are still sites that can download video's, like keepvid.
but they will not download it from youtube.com but rather offer a cached file.
distancejay
Good!
distancejay
good!!
BadBBilly
aryan_zion wrote:
There are so many add-ons available for Firefox. Easy YouTube Video Downloader is my choice. It places a download button below the video. I felt like its very convenient. You can download in various formats like flv, mp4, mp3, aac etc. It can download HD videos also. I never used any third party applications for downloading videos from YouTube. If an add-on can do better for you, why would you want to go for a third party application?

I agree - I use DownloadHelper with conversion enabled - quick/easy way to D/L and Convert youtube to whatever format you choose.

Have tried to use 3rd-party apps but never found one that worked for what i needed. sure there are great ones out there. But once i found my add-ons in firefox, never looked for more 3rd-party apps. No need!!!
ProfessorY91
Helios wrote:

This.

Also, I've found video to mp3 (video2mp3.com) allows you to capture and download music in decently high quality (if available).