FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coldplay

saiyeek
I like coldplay. it is my favourite band. Tell me how do you feel abt coldplay. Their new album X&Y is very nice i suppose.
diablera
Are you serious?????!!!!!! Surprised

There are plenty of Lyrics publishers on the whole web, You actually can start with a search perform in Google or any other Search Engine....

BTW, how can someone love Coldplay that much?

When a band is a kind of bad copy of another one deserves less than what they've got already... (it is supposed to be the most successful 'rock' band in the whole world ew....)

Cheers!!! Rolling Eyes
gh0stface
I actually enjoy Coldplay a lot. They are one of my favorite bands. However I can only listen to them for so long before I start getting depressed from their melodic melancholy music. :o
icugaming
gh0stface wrote:
I actually enjoy Coldplay a lot. They are one of my favorite bands. However I can only listen to them for so long before I start getting depressed from their melodic melancholy music. Surprised

I get depressed when I hear them because they blow so hard.
JoeCool
Coldplay is good I guess, I have only heard a few songs myself but anyway, as diablera said, You can just about find lyrics anwhere on the web, using a search engine, look for coldplay lyrics.
[/quote]
Twikki
diablera wrote:

There are plenty of Lyrics publishers on the whole web, You actually can start with a search perform in Google or any other Search Engine....

When a band is a kind of bad copy of another one deserves less than what they've got already... (it is supposed to be the most successful 'rock' band in the whole world ew....)

Cheers!!! Rolling Eyes

a disgrace to english music
Hippie
I'm actually a fan of coldplay as well....good music for studying and stuff...although my main passion lies more in the metal arena, what a contrast, huh? :-) Diablera: Who are they a copy of just out of curiousity?
anxiety1
www.taborama.com

coldplay are brillant, the new album is excellent , still not as good as paracutes though lol.

i seen them live this year and they were brillant, defentily worth going to see them if you get the chance, cos they play amaizingoly and the atmosphere was also brillant everyone singing along
z1k1
Coldplay are really a great band, one of the best english band ever, I think...
Their last album is not as well as the others but they're still in the good way.Their live is impressive! I've seen them in this tour in Paris. Flipante!!
jarcelao
I think their music is kinda boring. Makes me feel dizzy and sleepy although the tunes are really good.

By the way, I like their song In My Place.
innovation_revived
I like the music, although it gets kinda repetitive after a while. Tried to get tickets to their concert in zurich, but was sold out in less than 3 hours :-O a sign that the music is cool, compared to something 50 cent, which is horrible - he didnt even manage to fill that stadium :-p
Tom7
Coldplay = Probably the Best rock band in the world. especially their new album; X&Y
ShinLi
I wub coldplay ^^, I bought there newest album and there previous album already. But its a pain I cant play them on my comp >->. Owh well, I liked there previous album a bit better then their newest. But they still rule Very Happy
tingkagol
diablera wrote:

What exactly is this band you are referring to? I do not believe they are the greatest band, but I do like their music. I especially love listening to their "Parachutes" album.
jlbribeiro
diablera wrote:

Yeah, I want to know the band you refer to, too. I like their music very much, especially, of course, Speed of Sound. But I would like to know why do you say they copy another band.
ignition
X&Y is definitely awesome, though I like A Rush of Blood to the Head a bit more.
edallica
coldplay are terrible. oh. my. god. they are so bad.

chris martin just wants to be bono. IMHO coldplay=U2 rip offs.

half the last album (rush) was based on Embrace songs.

ne 1 heard of embrace?
WigginOut
Coldplay is pretty good. Execpt a lot of people hate them.
neneehnoisnafita
the new album of coldplay is very good!!!
wutangdan
i think that a lot of Embrace's recent songs have actually been written in part by Chris Martin. There is a lot of sideways swapping of ideas.
Also, i was not a fan of the new album, but when i saw them live they truely lived up to all the hype. They deserve all the praise, takes something else to do what they have done!!
petgraveyard
The lead singer sounds like Kermit the Frog. Listen and have it play in your head "Hey Miss Piggy" and you'll get it. And they haven't come up with any good songs EVER. MTV fad!
ollandjeugd
www.songteksten.net

Is a very good site
MasterC
Lovely mtv awards perform
Jamatu
I used to like coldplay but now they just seem monotinious (sp?) all of there songs basicly just sound the same.
criticaldensity
Coldplay members have said they are influenced by a band called Ride. Ride isnt around anymore but their music is timeless "shoegazer", One of my all time fav bands. I highly recommend checking out their music.
And a fan website www.ticket2ride.it
Stevenwba
Coldplay are awesome, not rock though, more chill out, great for relaxing Cool
idolztheunknown
Coldplay is great, but sometimes I get bored and dead (not literaly) listening to their music. Many of their music videos are pointless.
Vlien
I can only conclude that either one is a real fan of theirs, or hates them. I'm a real fan by the way, never got to one of their concerts though. They're playing twice (this month I believe) in Het Sportpaleis (Belgium). First I thought I would be able to get my ticket for the second one... but I guess I'll just keep on dreaming! Aaargh, tis not fair!
angelo
I like coldplays hits such as Yellow and the Scientist. Definitely, the latter is an awesome video! I like the reverse play mechanism. I've seen the making of it and the band's vocalist really uttered the words of the song backwards. Great sacrifice!..he..he..he.. Laughing
sylviakowalski
oohh i love coldplay! my all time favourite song is 'Yellow'. i unno, the song is so melodramatic...
elector
check tihs out for lirycs:
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Coldplay-lyrics/7557253C5A18554348256A08000F3D04
and yes, i like Coldplay. They are something typical to come from UK. Sort of Brit Pop don't you think? But better than Oasis that's for shure.
hcjgh
i like the song fix you and sound of speed
newarkan
Coldplay was good at their beginning. The Parachute album is a real rarity. But then the two following ones were crap. Commercial music, radio-formated tunes, well, that's too bad. I wish they'd do another acoustic album.
3shades
i love coldplay, i think there great

i'll admit they are depressing, and they are not my favourite band, (i couldnt list a favourite band! i like way too much music!

they are very talented though, and have cretead a sort of music that has not come about before. I think the record sales speak for themselves, and you have to give them at least some credit for this!

ben,

http://3shades.frih.net

http://www.3shades.tk
JoshBenezra
You know how I know you're gay? You listen to Coldplay

- quote from The Forty Year Old Virgin.

I'm not gay, but I like one of their albums, I forget the name of it. But I think Coldplay get a bad rap.
sprinqles
I love Coldplay! Smile I can listen to all of their cds again and again... Smile
icugaming
3shades wrote:
i love coldplay, i think there great

i'll admit they are depressing, and they are not my favourite band, (i couldnt list a favourite band! i like way too much music!

they are very talented though, and have cretead a sort of music that has not come about before. I think the record sales speak for themselves, and you have to give them at least some credit for this!

ben,

http://3shades.frih.net

http://www.3shades.tk

this post does not compute.
Bender1337
yah il love coldplay they are great
inesquecivel
I love Fix You
When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
If you never try, then you'll never know
Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
And I...

I promise you that I'll learn from my mistakes
And I...

And ignite your bones

Smile
jaykay
Can anybody explain Coldplays fame to me? I listen to their music and I really don't understand why everybody hypes them so much.
olivier_1988
Coldplay is good. On the last album "Fix you" is good and "the hardest part" to.
dexterius
They were great at the begining. But i don't like the new songs.
Lennon
Their X&Y music is too complicated - less is more.
They're rubbish performers - don't know how to interact with the crowds.

Anything before X&Y was easy listening, I really like parachutes and yellow.
Pyro Man
I think they are better than some of the stuff on the charts in the past like boy-bands and all that crap but at the same time I become completly bored when I listen to their music. It really isn't my kind of music either but I tend to be open minded about these kind of things so I only rate them 5/10 sorry!
macfly
I've read all your posts. I agree with those who say that Cold Play is really a great band. They're really good musicians. "Speed of sound" is one of my favourite song. Yes One tune or another might sound like U2. After all Oasis always sounds like the Beatles. X&Y is a great album written and performed by real fine musicians. I love them.
GTA
coldplay are awesome, not rock though,
they think they make rock but they make Pop
Like linkin park evenecnce (some shit like this)
papa roch
keedap
I love YEllow by them
keedap
I love YEllow by them
Hippie
I actually snuck in to a concert by them quite a few years ago, before XY came out. They also manage to put on a great show. They filled the arena with this smoke, and then used these super flood lights and totally changed the color of the smoke.....Doesnt sound that cool just hearing about it, but it was great, not to mention the music was greta as welll. Kind of made me feel bad for not paying.....
Nicola
I've liked Coldplay for about a year now. Before "Speed of Sound" was released here, I only really liked a few of their songs but I got really into them when "Speed of Sound" was released and also like "Fix You", which I listen to a lot at the moment. I've yet to hear any of their albums, but I'm sure they will be good.
Insanity
I've been a fan of Coldplay for about a year now, and I love their old albums Parachutes as well as A Rush of Blood to the Head, but I do agree that they seem to have gone more and more mainstream with their style of music. It seems more pop-ish and generic with the new X&Y album. They're still pretty awesome though, I've just recently gone to one of their concerts in Oakland and they are amazing live.
Slowhand
I like Coldplay because they try to play a new style. It's a bit U2 but I like it much and much more. Some pop/rock songs and a few experimental songs. That's why they are so good at the moment. I'm waiting for a new live DVD with some X&Y tracks on it!
Lennon
I think their older albums like parachute were much easier listening, their new X&Y is too rich and complex, and the work just doesn't come across well, tends to become background noise after listening a while to the album.
anxiety1
yeh i really like coldplay, seen them live a few times and they were ace.

but

did anyone see them play at the brit awards - they were awful - well the singing was.!!
adamfleming10
Yea i think there brill. I can easily listen to all thier albums back 2 back..
HL9881
I like to listen there music with Trance style...

That made me sleep easy. Laughing
ainieas
I find the voice of Chris Martin hauntingly alluring, thats why i'm pulled towards Coldplay. My favourite song being Clocks. Cool
netthug
For me Clocks is their best song. I've only heard a few. I also like Speed Of Sound.
jennahenrywagner
Jamatu wrote:
I used to like coldplay but now they just seem monotinious (sp?) all of there songs basicly just sound the same.

It's definitely true...I still love Coldplay, but not for their pure musical ability, just for entertainment. I've seen them live twice, and they put on an amazing performance, but when I want to listen to truly good musicians, they're not the first band I think of. Many of their songs do sound the same, and are all very catchy and easy to sell, which they do well.
Moey
It's very good to fall asleep to Wink I think they did a really good job with their new album, each song is beautifully made and the mix sounds really good. Its mainly good for relaxation.
mateo632
ok, i think coldplay is a fine band and all, but i honestly do not see what the big deal is about them. i've heard so many people rave about how they're the best band in the whole world, and they just sound like another "good band" to me. btw, for what it's worth, i have a degree in music, though it's music theory, not "why some bands are popular and others aren't." actually, i think that degree is called "marketing"
brunoboi
I used to like coldplay - you know humming yellow in the car and all that, but then they started believing they had some kind of magical power when producing music which made them almighty. Who the hell does Chirs Martin think he is? Mr I-wear-coloured-tape-on-my-hands-so-people-think-im-deep
Then when they split up! How much did they milk that? Everytime they were on stage they had to mention it just to get that little bit more attention
imsims
X&Y is really great. You know its a good album when you are a bit sceptic at first but the songs grow as you listen to them more. I hate hit songs that you get tired of when youve heard them 5 times. I think Coldplay will be as big as U2 one day. Did you know that they have made a tribute to the english football/soccer player Peter Crouch ? If they win the World Cup they will release it as a single. Very Happy
chartcentral
Coldplay is offering a free download on their website! It's a 9-track live concert recording called Left Right Left Right Left, which includes "Fix You," "Strawberry Swing" and "Viva La Vida." Just visit their website and submit your details to get your free copy of the album! Smile
rockacola
diablera wrote:

Cheers!!! Rolling Eyes

I 'enjoy' ColdPlay, but I don't think 'love' is the word for it Wink
bloodrider
love them.. but a lil' bit depressing :\