FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tablets

Which tablet do you own?
Motorola Xoom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
HP Touchpad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Apple iPad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Samsung Galaxy Tab
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LG G-Slate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Apple iPad 2
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I do not want/need a tablet
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

ahnguye5
This thread aims to survey the state of tablet ownership based on what's popular as of March 2011. It will also serve as a place for those who've bought other tablets to state their opinions.
ahnguye5
I forgot about the Dell Streak 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab II which are worth mentioning.
watersoul
I voted 'do not want/need a tablet'
It's not because I'm a luddite who resists new tech, but more because I just don't get on with a touch screen for a 'virtual keyboard'.
I like the feel of real keys to press while typing so I'll probably stick with a lap-top for as long as they remain in production!
jilbs
I have the galaxy tab. I just bought it yesterday. it was awesome
cybersa
I dont need Tablets.
Ankhanu
You also forgot the Blackberry Playbook, which is looking to be a pretty worth while device.

I voted don't want/need one, mainly because, well, I don't need one Razz I have a laptop, I have a smart phone, and I don't need a device in between the two... I'd like one, but I'd like the $500+ that it would cost to get one even more.

If I were to buy one, it would most certainly be an iPad 2. I don't believe that the competing devices, and in particular the competing OSes and app offerings, meet the iPad standard quite yet. The BB Playbook I mentioned above looks like it's going to be the best the competition has to offer just yet, but I think Apple still has the better interface/environment... and really THAT's what matters in a tablet. Several of the competing tablets have better hardware, but lack the environment.

I'm already an iOS user with my iPhone, so it would be silly to abandon all my apps and such when buying a tablet and starting over. Part of the choice is for quality, part of it is for practicality.

If I didn't already have myself established in the iOS ecosystem, I might be more inclined to go with the Playbook or something similar, but, I'm not sure I would be fully tempted over.
pll
I really think that anyone who has a smartphone doesn't need anykind of tablet.
But someone who wants to reach a new media experience at home should buy a tablet.

It's just sad that they don't have the same power as laptops devices.