FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tangled

loyal
Hey, Hopefully no-one's asked this before, but what did you guys think of that animation film Tangled? I was thinking of watching it. I'm really enjoy into animation films after Monsters Inc, Wall-E, UP, Despicable me, etc. so I guess I have high expectations at the moment for any animation film!
driftingfe3s
I have the movie but I haven't gotten around watching it yet since I have finals in two weeks, but my break is soon and i'll be able to catch up on some movies and shows. I also enjoy animated films and I'm hoping it will turn out good. It got some fairly decent reviews, so I think it will be okay.
Radar
I think it's about as close as you can get to being classic Disney, without actually being classic Disney. In my mind, that's the best way to understand what the film's about, short of, you know, watching it or the trailer.

So yeah, I'd recommend it.
driftingfe3s
Okay, I just watched it and I'd have to say I really liked it.

As Radar said, it does have a classic Disney feel to it. When you think of the newer Pixar films that have been coming out they don't seem the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

As with any typical Disney animation, there are songs in the movie, but they weren't very memorable as older Disney film songs. But the movie on the whole is quite good. It has many humorous parts and I found my self laughing more that I thought I would have going in to the movie. The plot though, is predictable. I guess since its target audience is children, they have to try and keep it simple. If I have to compare it to something I'd have to say I enjoyed it much more than the latest Shrek movie and enjoyed it as much as I did Megamind and Despicable Me.

In conclusion, it's good! go watch it!
Radar
driftingfe3s wrote:
As with any typical Disney animation, there are songs in the movie, but they weren't very memorable as older Disney film songs.

I think this is the main thing that I find lacking in the film. There is not a single song from the film that stuck in my head afterwards.
loyal
Radar wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:
As with any typical Disney animation, there are songs in the movie, but they weren't very memorable as older Disney film songs.

I think this is the main thing that I find lacking in the film. There is not a single song from the film that stuck in my head afterwards.

Are you sure? There were no memorable songs in Despicable Me, but my friend still will still not singing the "unicorn" song lol
dearjohn
Disney knows how to bewitch a crowd, but the sense that Tangled was made more by corporate mandate than artistic spark remains constant throughout.
silverdown
Gonna have to look for it and watch it sounds interesting.
rayxzero
It is interesting and funny and have some moral lesson on the story. Good for children to watch.