FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is the factor upon which love depends?

midhib
hello i think love depends mostly on trust. by belief one can mantain his relation. what do u think?
domz
love means a lot of things therefore there are a lot factors that it may depend upon. Trust can be a factor if it is about committed love between two people (e.g husband and wife), but you can't have trust as a factor for loving something that is risky (ex. "I love skydiving" can you trust your life on that thing you love?).
deanhills
If trust is its only foundation, there is a good chance the relationship is not going to last. People make mistakes all the time. I won't be happy if someone broke trust with me, but if it were a genuine mistake or rare occurrence, and I genuinely cared about the person, I'd be able to accept, forgive and forget. It would be a great test for love though as usually we seem to be setting much higher standards for those we love, than for those we don't love. None of us are however perfect enough to set impossible standards for the people in our lives who get to be close to us and love us. So if I am not that perfect, and still get to live with myself, I probably need to cut the same slack for others around me.
LittleBlackKitten
Being committed is the baseline of all relationships. Feelings of lust and love will fade over time, and so can affection; trust is great, but isn't always present; but without being committed, there is no relationship to start with. If one is not committed, there is no way to maintain a relationship.
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Being committed is the baseline of all relationships. Feelings of lust and love will fade over time, and so can affection; trust is great, but isn't always present; but without being committed, there is no relationship to start with. If one is not committed, there is no way to maintain a relationship.
Excellent point. If one were really committed, it would also be much easier to accept differences, as one would want to be with the other person regardless of the differences. Usually the differences would play a much bigger role if one of the partners, or maybe even both of the partners were not fully committed to the relationship.
essentialoils
Love will tell the truth even though, it may not be understood by others. Telling the truth is a true sign that someone love you, because they love you enough to be honest. When your love is very strong, you will tell the truth with a straight forwardness and directness.
iyepes
If you find out, please tell me Smile My only personal experience is keeping toxic relationships..... they look like love for a while, but after all, you find out they aren't love at all.
the_crystalguy
For me trust care and sacrifice are essential elements in a love chemistry. if you don't have any of these emotions for your loving one its mean your love is fake.
sudipbanerjee
I think here all are discussing on love between two human beings. In that case love depends on lot of things: trust, care, sacrifice, adjustment, affection and many more. But I think above all there is mental bonding without which no love can live.
captainsuperdude
Its early childhood memories, basically your parental role-models sort of paint up the foundation of who you're gonna be when you grow up... AND IF YER PARENTS SCREWED YOU UP THERE'S NO WAY TO FIX IT! j/k.

For me it's fairly important to understand that if I do have kids, to make the first 4 years of their lives awesome.