FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Download

nepalstar
Dear Friends,
I wish to download some old Hindi movies (Full length), plz anybody suggest me from where I can download Hindi movies (full length). I searched in youtube.com but I didn't found there.
Thanks,
Helios
Just a reminder: don't "suggest" anything illegal here. If a site offers the films for free legally (like Hulu.com), then go ahead and post it here. Otherwise, don't.
Thanks
Bikerman
Google pulled up hundreds of matches. I suggest you need to refine the way you enter searches.
Here are two prominent hits:

http://www.moviespack.com/
http://www.bollyv4u.com/
ProwerBot
Most of the time when you search for movies all you get are sites that tell you to fill out a survey, and then when you do it's like "DOWNLOAD THIS CODEC LOL" that doesn't even work. I just buy the movies, a lot less of a hassle.
ocalhoun
Don't know about where you live, but in the US, it is legal to download anything that has been broadcast previously, as broadcasting it makes it public domain.

Your laws may be similar... or they may not.

(I find torrents to be the most reliable and safest download method, but still: virus scan before opening.)
deanhills
ProwerBot wrote:
I just buy the movies, a lot less of a hassle.
I do the same. I was highly tempted in Thailand however, as when I was staying for a month in Koh Samui, there were pirated movies by the thousands everywhere, and of really great quality. I viewed them in Koh Samui, as I had a DVD in my hotel room, and then when I left, donated them all to the Hotel, as I'd hate to have customs check through my luggage and find a whole batch of pirated movies in my bag. Just not worth it. I must say however I've never seen customs doing that kind of check at either the beginning or end points of my journey.
Nameless
ocalhoun wrote:
Don't know about where you live, but in the US, it is legal to download anything that has been broadcast previously, as broadcasting it makes it public domain.

This is perhaps the first time that I have wished I lived in America.
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:

(I find torrents to be the most reliable and safest download method, but still: virus scan before opening.)

Uhm ocalhoun, I don't know where you got that, but broadcasting something does not make it public domain. It only makes the status of the work "published" since unpublished works have other rights. If it really was in the public domain, you would be able to sell those movies and tv shows.

If I'm not mistaken downloading a movie (unless with permission or in the public domain which is very rare) is illegal in the USA (it's not in Europe unless it's software). However uploading (offering the download) is definitely illegal in most countries, which is the case for torrents unless you changed some settings to set it to download only.
ocalhoun
Bondings wrote:

Uhm ocalhoun, I don't know where you got that, but broadcasting something does not make it public domain. It only makes the status of the work "published" since unpublished works have other rights. If it really was in the public domain, you would be able to sell those movies and tv shows.

Ah, right, 'public domain' probably wasn't the right phrase.

But, I have heard of court cases where someone was being sued for downloading something, and got off the hook because that same product had been broadcast for free.
(If you've already let an unlimited number of people watch it for free, what revenue do you lose by someone else watching it for free?)
coolclay
Definitely a good point Ocalhoun!
ankitdatashn
ocalhoun wrote:

Here in India under Copyrights Act anything that has been broadcasted is Copyright protected for a period of 25 Years unless the permission has been given by the Author of the work himself, The period of Copyright starts from the day of 1st instance of the broadcast of the video.

For performance nights, etc the copyright is for a period of 50 years.
menino
I don't know about the copyright laws in Nepal, but am sure that the Move industry would not condone downloading of movies, no matter how old they are.
The best way is torrentz, but will not be legal.

Actually, if you can find a way to somehow make distribution rights, nepalstar, you could possibly start your own business of online hindi movies - for either free, with ads, or a small fee.
My recommendation is to go with the free (with small ads, for small revenue), and I know a lot of people who love old hindi movies.
So, there's an opporunity.
nepalstar
Helios wrote:
Just a reminder: don't "suggest" anything illegal here. If a site offers the films for free legally (like Hulu.com), then go ahead and post it here. Otherwise, don't.
Thanks

Sure..! I'll not suggest any illegal here in this forum...!
mukesh
nepalstar search in Google and take help to download my torrent.
najomi
thanks for giving the movies link
speeDemon
ocalhoun wrote:

Aren't torrents illegal?
Sorry, just couldn't resist after reading helios's post right in the beginning.

ankitdatashn wrote:
Here in India under Copyrights Act anything that has been broadcasted is Copyright protected for a period of 25 Years unless the permission has been given by the Author of the work himself, The period of Copyright starts from the day of 1st instance of the broadcast of the video.

For performance nights, etc the copyright is for a period of 50 years.

Thanks for sharing, I didnt know that! Though I was pretty sure that they're not legally downloadable just after the first broadcast.
catscratches
speeDemon wrote:

Aren't torrents illegal?
Torrents in themselves, no. Using torrents to download copyrighted material you don't have the rights to, yes. This, of course, also depends on your local laws.
goutha
Nameless wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

This is perhaps the first time that I have wished I lived in America.

Smile))

you are really funny.