FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO and SEM

Adityaa
Hello guys...!
What is SEO(search engine optimality) ....? what are the difference between SEO and SEM...? In my point of view both are use to improve the website ranking....Do you agree with me...Whats your opinion....?
robinio_1965
Adityaa wrote:
Hello guys...!
What is SEO(search engine optimality) ....? what are the difference between SEO and SEM...? In my point of view both are use to improve the website ranking....Do you agree with me...Whats your opinion....?

Well about SEO you can find a pritty good topic on this forum:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123963.html&highlight=

But also you will need to be W3 validated on ALL the pages that bots will read:

For html please check this one:
http://validator.w3.org/

For CSS please check this one:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

And also make sure you get backlinks to your website.
Here is an excample for what you could do:
[/url]http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123975.html&highlight=[url]

SEO = Search Engine Optimising (also calles SEP)
SEM = Search Engine marketing (most of the time paying ads like adwards)
EHO = Extreme HTML Optimization (This also is very important and has to do with your loading time of the website, To long loading time and visitors will leave and search for other websites)

Hope this helps you a little.

Robin

[edit]
found nice page to explain SEO and SEM:

http://www.raisemyrank.com/articles/seo-sem.htm
[/edit]
the-guide
Adityaa wrote:

In my point of view both are use to improve the website ranking....Do you agree with me...Whats your opinion....?

Not the same, SEO is the ways to optimize your web site (both on site and off site) in order to range
well on the SERP (search enginne's result pages). SEM is the ways to do marketing for your business
using search engines. SEM includes SEO, PPC, and website optimization - in order to get best result not
just from search engine but from visitors and customers as well.

bacati55
Hello

SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization and SEM refers to Search Engine Marketing.
SEO results in organic traffic to the website whereas SEM brings paid traffic to the website.
SEO deals in on-page tags and off-page back linking whereas SEM deals in Bids and Budget to start the campaign.

Thanks
A2zchild
prcys
Adityaa wrote:
Hello guys...!

SEM is the inorganic way for getting the result of the site. As it include PPC , CPC like method in which one needs to pay the money for getting the more traffic. And that is why small businesses can not afford it.
Whereas SEO is the organic way for getting the result of the site. It includes the blog , forum , and article like methods. And for getting result using these techniques one not need to spend the money or pay the money that much like in SEM.
sowmya
SEO, which stands for search engine optimization an be referred as a process of creating and analysing the individual web pages which helps in getting high keyword rankings in most of the search engines as well as getting high traffic to your website.
The major differences between SEO and SEM is that,
SEO deals with the efficiency of which the website is indexed and addressed.
SEM are used to promote awareness and get relevant traffic to your websites.
DrewWilson
SEO(Search Engine Optimization) SEM(Search Engine Marketing) it is the part of internet marketing in which main part of search engines which enable the websites to gain more traffic and built their back links.
simplyelectricals
SEO is create natural links ( Free of Cost)

SEM display paid advertisement (PPC- Cost effective)
ilmkidunya1
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t involved,
Kevingarry
Web Analysis / Marketing Tool (SEM, SEO) for a small sized company with a budget of $500?
I am going to manage the web marketing (SEM / SEO) and Web-tracking activities of a smaller sized web production company.