FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favorite operating system?

Adityaa
Linux wins my heart and Its my favorite.I became a full time Linux user when Vista was released.i am using it since last three years and i have not encountered any problem in it still.it is best for server jobs.whats your opinion?
engammalsko
Well, I installed Ubuntu 2 weeks ago. And I really like it Smile
When I'll buy a new computer I will dualboot Windows7 and Ubuntu.
Windows 7 most for games/emulators and a few programs.

But if all games would worked on Ubuntu and all programs, it would be the best operating system in all ways.
Ankhanu
This is dangerously close to the stickied thread... but I suppose that's asking what you're using, not your favorite... they can be different Wink

I'm a MacOS 10 fan. It's clean, looks great, and functions extremely smoothly and well. For day to day use it's definitely my choice.

Following MacOS, Linux is the clear way to go, unless you require Direct X 10 or something.

Windows, I haven't liked the past two flavours, though I still like XP.
emanuel2
Adityaa wrote:
Linux wins my heart and Its my favorite.I became a full time Linux user when Vista was released.i am using it since last three years and i have not encountered any problem in it still.it is best for server jobs.whats your opinion?

Yeah Vista as really bad, no wonder why you changed to linux Very Happy
I am mainly using Win 7, it does the job Smile
ankur209
Right now i'm a avid user of Windows 7.I had been a user of Windows Family ,had used Xp,98,2000,Millenium Edition,Vista

But Windows 7 is far far good than Vista and others,but XP is something i have been linked to for 4 years !! Razz Laughing
rockpan
I am using windows 7 now,
but i plan to try Ubuntu, it may be a good reserve.
weableandbob
I like XP a lot, which is what I'm using, but I also really like Windows 7. I can't say which I like more, though.
metalfreek
I am running windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 right now. I have to say both windows 7 and ubuntu are great OS to have. I am not choosing one over the other. Very Happy
maoz
win xp all time favourite
ProwerBot
I'm enjoying windows 7! Though I'm considering buying a tablet with Windows XP tablet edition on it.
ahnguye5
Ubuntu:

What I like most is the support for many popular programming languages on the command line. I don't like having to install and launch separate programs for different languages. For examples GHC and Cygwin for Haskell and Python respectively.

The software center also has everything I need and makes it so easy to install software as opposed to downloading and running executables.
superman13
Ubunut is very good for me Wink very stable!
engammalsko
I'm concidiring to try FreeBSD when I build my computer : )
Anyone here tried it?

I have heard alot good things about it and it should remind of Linux.

I know I will dualboot Windows 7 and Ubuntu so maybe a third operating system is just unecessearly but it would be fun to try Very Happy
ahnguye5
engammalsko wrote:
Anyone here tried it?

I know I will dualboot Windows 7 and Ubuntu so maybe a third operating system is just unecessearly but it would be fun to try Very Happy

I haven't used it that much to comment but there's plenty of documentation for FreeBSD so have fun with it.
Ankhanu
ahnguye5 wrote:
engammalsko wrote:
Anyone here tried it?

I haven't used it that much to comment but there's plenty of documentation for FreeBSD so have fun with it.

Same. I haven't used it, but I have a couple friends that swear by it and use it exclusively.
kelvincasper
Yes i still use it and like it better on my Pentium 4 laptop because it is super fast compared to my Vista and Xp system. New isn't always better but Americans are to dumb to figure it out with all their smartphones and other gadgets they waste their money on I buy dividend paying stock instead dummies.
Helios
As a user won't be constantly using an operating sytem which he/she doesn't prefer, this thread is basically the same as this one: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21.html

-close-