FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

freelance job for php programmer

midhib
hi i am from bangladesh. i know php. i want to do waork at home. part time basis. i think i am a good coder. so i need outsourcing job. i tried freelance, scrioptlance, odesk. but those are hazardous. so i want direct email address who provide freelance job for php coder.
pll
Just find someone you know who needs a website.
Before you freelance you need a portfolio, show your projects to the world and when people will like it they will ask you to do a job for them.
chatrack
yes, you should show up your working skill proof.
Zaraq
the best way is always the hard way... signup with www.freelancer.com n www.rentacoder.com more such sites which have good reputation. initially do the projects by demanding lesser money then once ur ratings becomes good then you may charge them accordingly later stages, so sacrfy at start for bigger future. you know people have formed companys like this they did projects themseleves then they got too many projects and they kept hiring for more people n hence they formed companys. i too have such intentions but need to have team good team.
c'tair
Personally, I would first focus on building my skills. Sure, PHP coders are needed, but if you know PHP AND can do graphic design for example, you are a more worthy asset to hire. Then I would build a portfolio either through those freelance websites or volunteer work for charities. After all of that I would just try and be as awesome as possible.

Just be careful, this is a dog eat dog world, there are hundreds of thousands of PHP coders out there and you must be better than all of them, either skills wise or contact wise or both.

Good luck!
macky
I agree with pII. You need to show off first what you can do to the world. I guess it makes sense since if you are the client, how would you trust the capability of the person you want to developed your site if he can't prove to you, and the way you prove it is in terms of having your own portfolio.

If you haven't one yet, you can put your THESIS, PROJECTS, or even systems that you develop on your own when you get bored (it's my passion) .. Smile
therimalaya
pll wrote:
Just find someone you know who needs a website.
Before you freelance you need a portfolio, show your projects to the world and when people will like it they will ask you to do a job for them.

I agree with pll. World always wants an example to understand. If I have a showcase of what i did, people can understand what i can do. A picture and illustration can speak more than words.
webpinoy
Yes, it is a good idea to set up your own website. Show what you are able to do. And I have good experiences with freelancer.com - offer your work for less at the start. Later you will have recommendations.