FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

High bandwidth usage

Navigator
On March 1st and 2nd I had 60k+ page views, 60k+ hits (webalizer stats) for a total of over 7GB of bandwidth use, the rest of the days until march 9 I had, which I think is the normal use, an average of 40MB per day, this almost eats the whole month's enchilada, I was wondering what could be happening?
truespeed
Something similar happened to me a while back,someone hacked into my site via my wordpress and was able to add files to my root folder,including a video,maybe worth checking.
Bondings
If you need more bandwidth for a month, please ask for it.

About the issue, it could be that a website is linking/using an image (or several) of your website. Or a page on your website got popular on some social media website like Reddit or Digg. You can probably find the cause in your logs. (referrers and visited pages)
Navigator
truespeed wrote:
Something similar happened to me a while back,someone hacked into my site via my wordpress and was able to add files to my root folder,including a video,maybe worth checking.

Yeah, I'm gonna check the file system for any shananingans and the logs as well.
Navigator
Bondings wrote:
If you need more bandwidth for a month, please ask for it.

About the issue, it could be that a website is linking/using an image (or several) of your website. Or a page on your website got popular on some social media website like Reddit or Digg. You can probably find the cause in your logs. (referrers and visited pages)

Yeah, thanks Bondings will ask if needed, hopefully I won't have to. Funny thing Google Analytics and Webalizer didn't show an increase of unique visitors for those days.