FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anti-Spam Quarantine

deanhills
I hope I am not duplicating threads here, but I have a specific suggestion in mind. We had really bad spam posts filtering through the system over the last few days. They were so obvious and annoying, that I wished there could have been an Anti-Spam Button available to me so that I could have nixed them out of sight.

I then started to wonder .... there are a number of obviously mature Frihost stalwarts on the Board who are more than competent to identify spam posts. So what I would like to suggest is to attach a spam button like that would only be viewable by those who are authorized to use it. Once the spam button is clicked, the spam post/thread will be instantly sent to an Anti-Spam Quarantine page that will only be viewable by Moderators. In the rare event of a mistake, the Moderator could easily undo the action, but why I am suggesting this is that sometimes people do respond to spam posts. And ideally the whole spam thread should be nixed as soon as possible.

Also, it would give me immense satisfaction if I could press an Anti-Spam Button that will nix those annoying spam posts completely out of sight. Twisted Evil
LittleBlackKitten
I agree that a spam button would be a great featurette.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
Also, it would give me immense satisfaction if I could press an Anti-Spam Button that will nix those annoying spam posts completely out of sight. Twisted Evil

Haha, love it Smile

This isn't a bad idea... it's kind of a "Moderator Lite" function. I'm not sure how it could be implemented with the phpBB2 permissions/groups and post structure... but then again, I also don't REALLY know php either Wink It could be much easier to accomplish than I imagine (though from my experience in coding/programming, it wouldn't be very easy).
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
This isn't a bad idea... it's kind of a "Moderator Lite" function.
Thanks Ankhanu. I'd love to be able to use a button like that! Twisted Evil
Ankhanu wrote:
.. it's kind of a "Moderator Lite" function.
I'd rather not connect it up at all with being Moderator as I think that is when the idea got nixed the last time round. I'd prefer that we look at it as the same as the report function but one step up where instead of the Moderators having to look for the posts, we will be sending the posts to the Moderators and keep the Board clean even when the problem has not been addressed yet by the Moderators. Problem is that there is usually a time lag between when the spam first appears, it is reported and the Moderators finally get to attend to it, and by that time Frihosters could have responded to the spam post. So people who may qualify according to criteria of Bondings and the Moderators, could click on a button that will take the post directly to a quarantine page that can only be viewed by Moderators.

It will have plenty of time savings as well, as sometimes those spammers post more than one of those posts, one of the last spammers posted 10 spam messages in the same Forum. So would have been great to click on a button to get them out of sight as soon as possible.