FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turkey And EU what will be the answer from EU..

rouqe
So i saw Turkish words in all categories but in politics i didnt see antthng..

more then 10 years Turkey pushing to join European Union.. Everyyear EU finding reasons for dont let the Turkey.. its my idea they are right to do it why if Turkey join the ; we will have most chair in European Union and it means what Turkey say than it will happen. For now Germany have most chair in European Union.. Turkey & Germany r have good relationships about long years and in German Politics have many half Turk - half German politicans in their Goverment.. its again a plus for Turkey in European Union.. but for me its much better if Turkey wll lead the Asian Union. Theres no Enough money in European Union for Turkey.. as u see Greeks just joined the European Union now they have really big problems about their Economy. Now all European Union countries are helping to Greeks about that topic. another example Germany.. before they were using Mark as money currency.. Before they enter the European Union a t-shirt was 10 mark after they join European Union same tshirt 10 Euro..
2 Mark = 1 euro but everybody take the same sellary. Even the Germany have the most powerfull Economy in the world , they had also big problems about it.

finally i wanna say that if Turkey Join the European Union it wll not good for us..

its my idea as Turkish .. so what you thng about it?
deanhills
If I were from Turkey I would have argued heavily against being part of the EU. Just imagine the cost of bailing out all the members who land in trouble, like Greece. As far as I can see the only real beneficiaries are your huge international corporations who can market their products in all of the EU countries. I don't see individuals benefitting, do you? Smile
Bondings
I doubt that Turkey will become part of the EU anytime soon. Turkey is too big, quite poor and quite some people in the EU have xenophobic feelings towards muslims. On the long term though, it is probably inevitable unless there are some big changes either in Turkey or in the EU. Before this happens I suppose Turkey needs to become richer and make some political reforms. The EU will also need more economic stability/power and maybe also some political reforms to be able to incorporate such a big country.

@deanhills, there can be huge benefits for the population. It would open the door for a lot of foreign investments into Turkey. Turkish people would also get an easy possibility to work in the richer EU countries to earn some decent money and either start a new life there or take/send back the money to Turkey (just like happens currently in countries like Poland). Taking down the borders might also increase tourism and industry. A lot of the consumer protection laws of the EU would help a lot too. Finally, the EU would be funding a lot of big construction projects (highways, ...) with a big part of the money coming from outside of Turkey, giving a huge boost to the economy.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
@deanhills, there can be huge benefits for the population. It would open the door for a lot of foreign investments into Turkey. Turkish people would also get an easy possibility to work in the richer EU countries to earn some decent money and either start a new life there or take/send back the money to Turkey (just like happens currently in countries like Poland). Taking down the borders might also increase tourism and industry. A lot of the consumer protection laws of the EU would help a lot too. Finally, the EU would be funding a lot of big construction projects (highways, ...) with a big part of the money coming from outside of Turkey, giving a huge boost to the economy.
Great to see you back Bondings! That's made my evening Dancing

I have a great admiration for Turkey and wonder whether they really need the EU. Granted everything you mentioned would be benefits, but there is always a price to pay for any of those. One of the things I admire about Turkey is their legal system and independence of Government and I would hate for them to get in a situation of pleasing the EU in order to get those benefits. So I'm happy to learn that their membership is something that may not be happening too soon. I'm thinking of visiting Turkey this summer for a decent period of time. It will either be Turkey, or Canada but Turkey is high on the list right now. I've been learning the odd words from local Turkish shows that are dubbed in Arabic, but I look up the original versions in Turkish on YouTube. The Turkish are great with posting their TV shows on YouTube and now that one can get an hour and half non-stop at a time, it is even better than before. Funny how after a few of those shows one starts to pick up on the words. Very Happy
bluxberry
nice topic.. its true for me also Turkey must be in Asian Union i thng.. But if Turkey will make something like this European Union will not Like it.. anyway we wll see alltogether whats going to happen.. They will let us to join European Union - or not..

i want that Turkey join European Union becuase army service.. if we join European Union its going to be more shorter. But now its like 15 mounth.. its really hard
afyurtsev
May be, Turkey wont join EU but The Turkish Union will be created by Turkishes.
Bondings
bluxberry wrote:
i want that Turkey join European Union becuase army service.. if we join European Union its going to be more shorter. But now its like 15 mounth.. its really hard

Isn't it that if you pay a lot of money, that you only spend a few weeks in the army (and a lot more relaxed service)? Of course you need to have the money and be willing to spend it which is usually not the case.

@deanhills, there are definitely downsides I just wanted to say that it's not only downsides. About the legal system, though, are you sure it would be worse if Turkey joined the EU? To name some examples, there are still political prisoners in Turkey and a lot of websites (including YouTube) are (or were) banned by judges (it's very easy to ban).

If you find some good (parts of)Turkish shows on YouTube and they have English subs then it might be a good idea to post a few on these forums, by the way. I'm definitely interested. Wink
deanhills
@Bondings. To be truthful, I'm not really an expert about Turkey at all. I'm just totally intrigued by the Turkish, particularly after the shows I've seen. I just get the feeling that there is a movie industry in Turkey that could easily rival that of Bollywood, yet we hear so little about it. Wonder what they would call it? Gollywood? Very Happy

PS: The shows I was looking at had no sub-titles, I'll check over the weekend for ones that have English sub-titles.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
If you find some good (parts of)Turkish shows on YouTube and they have English subs then it might be a good idea to post a few on these forums, by the way. I'm definitely interested. Wink
I haven't seen the series yet, but Ezel has English sub-titles, so maybe you could try it for size? Here is a quick summary in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezel_(TV_series). There is also more info at the Ezel Wikepedia link (for some or other reason the (TV_series) part of the link does not show up so you have to click on Ezel in the first page). If you click through to YouTube, you can find the next chapters:
Quote:
Ezel is a Turkish crime drama TV series was initially broadcast by Show TV in autumn 2009. In 2010, it was transferred to ATV. It has since gained a considerably large fan base in Turkey. The show is based on the plot of the famous novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Although it is set in modern day Istanbul, Turkey, filming also took place in Bafra, Northern Cyprus and Dubrovnik, Croatia

Some of the English sub-titles are cute. I think they may have been created by someone with Turkish as first language. Very Happy
adri
rouqe wrote:
Everyyear EU finding reasons for dont let the Turkey..

I've read that for now, Turkey can't join the EU before 2015. The EU does have some good arguments against the joining of Turkey.

For example: Turkey doesn't recognize the Koerdic language as an official language, they discriminate Koerdic and Armenians... They also don't have the "Freedom of speech" and people are still locked up because they said or did something (like the British artist, who painted the Minister-President of Turkey as a dog, who got a big fine ) (Article 301)

Also Turkey has a low Bruto (=Gross?) National Product per citizen which will cost the EU a lot. Also because of the population of Turkey, it will have a lot of power within the EU, like rouqe said. And I don't think Western-Europe will be likely to give such power to a fairly unstable country (The Army has tried several coups in the last decades).On the other hand, Turkey has also quite a high unemployment rate = 14%.

So it could take some years before Turkey solves their problems and joins the European Union. Smile

adri
deanhills
Alyy wrote:
One of the things I admire them is the legal system of Turkey and the independence of the Board of Directors and I would hate for them to get the European situation, please get these benefits. So I am happy to hear that their membership is not something that happens too quickly. I'm planning to visit Turkey this summer a good time. And 'both in Turkey and Canada, but Turkey is high on the list at the time. I learned a strange word in Turkey, according to the local copy in Arabic, but I look at the original version of YouTube in Turkey. Turkey is a great publication on your TV on YouTube and now you can get an hour and a half hours non-stop for a while, it's even better than before. Funny how few of them shows you begin to collect words.
Well said. I also admire their legal system and the independence of Board of Directors, and would hate for them to lose that with the European Union. I've been watching YouTube shows without understanding a single word of Turkish and being thoroughly entertained by it. I still have to visit the country though. Hope to get there within the next few months. Very Happy
alagoez
first of all, turkey has to solve the conflict with the kurds and armenians, then they could join the EU !
AdmiralCrunch
Turkey wants to be in the EU.. because the dont know what it means and what will come to them. They yet think, they can take the profits of the EU and refuse things, they dont like. But the EU doesnt work this way.

it would be better for them, not to join.

besides.. the EU is a criminal construct that destroys the freedom of its citizens. the majority of the people in EU countries want the EU to die. That has a cause.
deanhills
AdmiralCrunch wrote:
Turkey wants to be in the EU.. because the dont know what it means and what will come to them. They yet think, they can take the profits of the EU and refuse things, they dont like. But the EU doesnt work this way.

it would be better for them, not to join.

besides.. the EU is a criminal construct that destroys the freedom of its citizens. the majority of the people in EU countries want the EU to die. That has a cause.
I completely agree with this. There is nothing for nothing. If you want to join the socalled BIG guys, you have to have a BIG economy or become impoverished en route. I must say however I have greater faith in the Government of Turkey to take care of its deliberations with the EU than Greece.