FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do women do anything for love?

Greatking
I have been in two relationships (currently in the second one), and I have noticed that women will do anything when they are in love.

Would a woman go any length to do anything for you; help, please and protect. for the sake of love.

Do they do that only for because they love you or for their own interest?
deanhills
In my opinion it has to be one of the most heady experiences to be in love, and women, probably more than men love to be in love. Men may have their feet more firmly planted on the ground. I don't know why it is, some women seem to be insecure in their relationships, to the point of defining themselves by the relationship they are involved in. I think in situations like that the relationship almost becomes an end in itself for the woman, rather than an experience that is shared. So what I'm trying to say, some women may be unable to love their partners, as they seem to be blindsided by their own lack of ability to make a fully appreciated contribution to the relationship, and that lack may turn into an unintentional act of selfishness. I.e. eventually the woman starts blaming her partner for not paying enough attention to her, not really loving her, etc. etc. Her own lack causes her to mirror holes in her partner.
LittleBlackKitten
I do everything within reason for my husband, but that's because I love him; not because I feel insecure. The only place I do feel insecure is internally, but that's a common issue with most women who don't have a perfect body. I however know that he would never hurt me on purpose and won't cheat nor leave me; so I do what I can to serve him and make him happy, because he does the same for me. So, while many women do the same thing, everyone has their own reasons.
Helios
IMO love is super egoism (not in a bad way!).
Women enjoy being in love more than men in my opinion, therefore they'll do more things to keep the good feeling.
menino
I think anyone would do anything if they love that person, especially if they love that person more than themselves, otherwise they will only do things for themselves. Laughing
sudipbanerjee
I think it depends on the personality of that person not the gender. Not only a woman but a man also can do anything for his love if they have strong personality. But sometime they want to do something but not able to do that for their weak personality.
The_unnamed_label
When you love someone, you want him to be happy no? so you do whatever it takes? how is that egoism?
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
I do everything within reason for my husband, but that's because I love him; not because I feel insecure. The only place I do feel insecure is internally, but that's a common issue with most women who don't have a perfect body. I however know that he would never hurt me on purpose and won't cheat nor leave me; so I do what I can to serve him and make him happy, because he does the same for me. So, while many women do the same thing, everyone has their own reasons.
I get a sense of a great friendship between the two of you, a bond that is quite solid and probably has been tested by many experiences. I think the love that is discussed here is the "love" one gets at the beginning stages, and where the couple have to progress through a lot of hurdles and sorting out, before they can get to "real" love. That has to be the worst stage for any woman who is insecure, as men in overall prefer women who are light in the touch to begin with, don't take themselves or the relationship too seriously and don't need to prove anything. That is of course the ideal, as life never comes with perfect packages. My grandmother used to say there is a lid for every pot, and for insecure women there are always men who like to save damsels in distress, wipe their tears and fuss over them. Men who don't like to do that kind of thing may probably not be the right partner for insecure women ....
Greatking
menino wrote:
I think anyone would do anything if they love that person, especially if they love that person more than themselves, otherwise they will only do things for themselves. Laughing

Love should be mutual thus a two-way, sharing of emotions.

If you truley someone, then you will do anything possible to show that affection and caring for them.

If the other partner reciprocates the same care and affection, then there is a balance.

You end doing things for each other, that's what love is about.
iyepes
I think women are educated to be prone to notice others feelings and needs, and we are encouraged about caring for others. It's not bad itself, but some women don't have limits about it, and they would do things that damage themselves in the "name" of love.

That point is unhealthy to me, you need to protect yourself if you want to protect someone else.
nigam
if your girl is inlove, they will do everything for the sake of your relationship....not for the sake of her interest but for the sake of love.....
macky
Greatking wrote:
I have been in two relationships (currently in the second one), and I have noticed that women will do anything when they are in love.

Would a woman go any length to do anything for you; help, please and protect. for the sake of love.

your question quite difficult to answer yet confusing...

LOVE is a broad subject while interest is specific...

But in my interpretation of your question, i guess you mean do they do that because they loves you or maybe they only using you..

Well the ANSWER is not straightforward. It depends... There a lot of different types of personality on this world, some girls do that because they in love, some just wants fortune and fame, and etc...
Da Rossa
Greatking wrote:

That's what I though in the first place, but, unfortunately, they're learning how to take care of themselves first, and this includes putting their partners aside if necessary. I say "unfortunately" because they, in general, used to know how to make love overpass all barriers and do the right thing for the men they love, while men, on the other hand, are still more devoted. I can be wrong, but I feel a trend in direction of unbalance.
PlumbobGel
Greatking wrote:

As a woman, I can say that I pretty much do anything for someone I love. However, I don't have to be IN love to do this. I do anything for my friends if they really need it. It could be stupid stuff like scanning 20 pages of a physics book and emailing it to my friend, or it could be bigger, like staying with my drunk friend all night to make sure he or she is okay. When I'm in love, it's the same thing. I value friendships and I value love. I think that in order to be in a relationship, you have to be prepared to give a lot in order to even expect getting a lot. This is for both of us, really. In a roundabout kind of way. Like... I love seeing someone I love happy. It just... makes me happy.
I'm rambling.
Yes, I do anything for love.
Because when I love, I love with my entire self, and I'm not too scared to put effort in that might not be requited. It just makes me happy to see people happy. Yeah.