FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you have a one month vacation, where would you go?

lovescience
Where would like you to go, if you have a one month vacation?

What would you like to do in the vacation?

What season would you prefer to have the vacation, if the weather does matter to the place you like to go and the thing you like to do?

What transportation would you like to use while in vacation?

Who would you bring with for the vacation, or would you prefer to go alone?
deanhills
This is a good question and I always have to scratch my head when it gets to May, as we are basically forced to take a month's vacation during the hot summer period in the UAE. Last year I decided to travel to Koh Samui in Thailand since its cost of living is relatively cheap. This year it could be a more expensive break as I am planning to spend a month in Canada. I'm also interested in Turkey however, so it may be a toss up between Canada and Turkey.
pampoon
My dream right now is to be able to go on a mission to Africa this summer. I have always had a fascination with mission work and philanthropy. There is a group that I have read into which goes every year to a different village in Africa to help develop communities and teach the people there how to evolve. It is terrific work, and I only hope I will be able to participate.
deanhills
pampoon wrote:
My dream right now is to be able to go on a mission to Africa this summer. I have always had a fascination with mission work and philanthropy. There is a group that I have read into which goes every year to a different village in Africa to help develop communities and teach the people there how to evolve. It is terrific work, and I only hope I will be able to participate.
Sounds like a great idea. Summer in the Northern Hemisphere means "winter" in the Southern Hemisphere, which means that the really hot places close to the equator, may be bearable. There is a community in Pemba Island off Zanzibar that may need help. I know there has been Italians who have been helping them as there used to be a malaria epidemic on top of poverty and many other community problems. Madagascar should be very interesting too. Zimbabwe of course is very needy.
c'tair
A month? Last year I had a 3 month vacation and this year it's gonna be 1.5 month + about 3 weeks of vacation at home. Last year was Poland, this year it's Poland again, mainly to catch up with old friends but also to get some adventures like forests, mountains etc. To finally feel alive again. To revamp my whole human condition, to set goals, make plans, organize myself internally. Basically to stick my head over the clouds and see which way am I going and how my life looks.

I have no idea how people live with for example 2 weeks of vacation every year and they use that vacation to stay at home and do bills. I know, sometimes you do what you gotta do, but maybe it's an indicator that you're wasting your life, making money for someone else? Unless you really love your job.
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
I have no idea how people live with for example 2 weeks of vacation every year and they use that vacation to stay at home and do bills. I know, sometimes you do what you gotta do, but maybe it's an indicator that you're wasting your life, making money for someone else? Unless you really love your job.
How does one get that length of holiday? I get a sense of you working outside Poland, where would one work to get three months leave? Smile
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
c'tair wrote:
How does one get that length of holiday? I get a sense of you working outside Poland, where would one work to get three months leave? Smile

Almost anywhere, because I'm not taking a leave, I'm actually quiting. It's easy for me to do that because I do not have bills or credit cards to pay, no car, no insurance or anything that would force me to stay put. And I use this to my advantage as much as I can because I don't know how long this state of bliss will last.
And the jobs I chose are simple enough that it's not hard to get hired, yet demanding enough that I make twice the minimum wage in the US or enough to cover college tuition, nice long trip, some tools and gizmos (knives, computer parts) etc.
Honestly, I do not imagine a life without that kind of "break". I need to see and climb mountains or hike through forests, I feel it's a way for me to recharge.
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
And the jobs I chose are simple enough that it's not hard to get hired, yet demanding enough that I make twice the minimum wage in the US or enough to cover college tuition, nice long trip, some tools and gizmos (knives, computer parts) etc.
What jobs would they be?
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
c'tair wrote:
What jobs would they be?

Nowadays it's a lot of computer repair. Pays good enough and leaves me enough time to pursue my interests.
webpinoy
Spend your vacation in the Philippines. You can find almost everything you looking for: great people, white sand beaches (choose the many non crowded), hot climate, amazing dive spots, nature...

And you can decide what you need and what you are willing to spend: Stay in a high classresort / hotel and pay big but have "everything" or keep it simple, rent a simple cottage by the beach and enjoy without spending much money...
rogue_skydragon
I would love to go to Barcelona during the spring or summer time. While there, I would visit the different Gaudi exhibits, but also step away from the touristy scene and stake out a spot on the Olympic beach and just kick back with a bottle of sangria.
I would take the metro to get to and from far distances, but take one of those nifty rental bikes whenever I can so I can enjoy more of the scenery. I would bring one or two friends.

lovescience wrote:

What season would you prefer to have the vacation, if the weather does matter to the place you like to go and the thing you like to do?

Cliffer
you can travel to china.
pampoon
Cliffer wrote:
you can travel to china.

Yes, unless you're already there Smile .
deanhills wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. Summer in the Northern Hemisphere means "winter" in the Southern Hemisphere, which means that the really hot places close to the equator, may be bearable. There is a community in Pemba Island off Zanzibar that may need help. I know there has been Italians who have been helping them as there used to be a malaria epidemic on top of poverty and many other community problems. Madagascar should be very interesting too. Zimbabwe of course is very needy.

Thanks for the information. Pemba seems like something I need to look into. I hadn't though about the season difference, but that should make it a lot nicer there.
nigam
if only granted....i would like to have a vacation in Spain....
rogue_skydragon
Oh, how about Turkey?
IceCreamTruck
My parents have a home just outside Budapest, Hungary! I'd love to go and stay with them for a couple months, and get to see my old haunts... then I would finally take a cruise down the danube and see Vienna and stay there till I had enough, and then boat on to Munich and hopefully it would be october fest when I arrived. I'm going to try and include Amsterdam, London, and Berlin in the list of cities that I want to go visit on this trip... three months is too short -- I'll make it a whole year! Smile
inuyasha
I will probably go to Japan if I have enough money and it is March or April. Sakura blossoms in spring~ I do want to watch the beautiful scence~
alvarorojas4
To Spain! Smile I Want to go. And If I can to France
deanhills
Right now if I could get a month vacation I would go to Ecuador. I'd like to investigate it possibly to buy a property. I believe it is a really great country, particularly in the area where the Incas used to live a very long time ago. I'm particularly interested to check up on Vilcabamba:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilcabamba,_Ecuador
portoskt
if i have one month vacation, enough money, ill just sit in my car with my girl and drive around europe
GuidanceReader
Canada

Sight seeing and visiting friends

Not really fussed, but I'd like to do the long train ride, and I think I'd like to see snow, so maybe winter.

Not fussed. Would have to use a plane to get there, and would like to do the train, but anything else I'm easy.

My Husband and kids.
lilysc1
The Dominican Republic

Visit some of my family members

I would want to go in the Summer

Car and plane

I'd bring my Husband and kids with me
c'tair
Well, I'm gonna write again: Poland Razz.

And this year it's gonna be more like 2 months with change. But this time I'm gonna do more traveling. First of all, I'm planning at least two trips to the mountains in Poland which together come to almost 2 weeks (a week in one mountain range, a week in the second one). I also wanna spend a few days by a lake, away from cities, somewhere where it's nice and quiet and lots of nature.

Then me and my friends are thinking of a trip around Europe. Starting point is Poland, and we're either gonna head west - > Germany -> Benelux -> France and then go back going south east, so we can visit the Czech Republic or we're thinking about going north and making a round of the Scandinavian countries. This would take 2-3 weeks.

As everyone can see, I DO need 2 months or more to make all this happen. It's gonna drain my savings since I quit my job, but if I don't do this, I'm afraid I may end up being depressed. I mean how long can a person do the same boring daily routine? How can a person waste the best years of their life sitting behind a desk? I'm not advocating not working, I'm advocating not working more than is needed.

Edit: Some pictures from last year Very Happy :

deanhills
@c'tair. Great photos! Those mountains are to die for! Where was the photo of the cobble street taken with all the art? And which mountain range are you planning to visit?

If you would visit a place in Poland that is far from the hustle and bustle with lots of fresh air and sunshine, where would it be? Smile

Great travel itinerary!
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
@c'tair. Great photos! Those mountains are to die for! Where was the photo of the cobble street taken with all the art? And which mountain range are you planning to visit?

If you would visit a place in Poland that is far from the hustle and bustle with lots of fresh air and sunshine, where would it be? Smile

Great travel itinerary!

Thank you! The cobble street photo was taken in my home town - Lublin, by the entrance to the Old City (oldest part of town).

I'm planning to visit the Tatra mountain range, which is the higher of the two and more demanding. A lot of it's trails are above the vegetation line or in the higher parts of it. This means: lots of sun and lots of wind. Plus I dunno if this is common in other parts of the world, the higher you get, the more friendly and sincere the people become - every time you pass someone they say "Hello!" or if you're resting, they will engage in friendly chatter. Awesome experience. The 2nd mountain range is Bieszczady. Never been there, but a friend has told me that while not as big as Tatry, it's also awesome.

If you wanted to visit a relaxing place in Poland it really depends on the level of hustle and bustle you want to experience. If you can stand moderate - meeting with other people on vacation but still in touch with nature and a relaxing climate - one could try Mazury and its wonderful lakes. You could also try the mountains I've mentioned but be warned - depending on the place you visit whilst near them it could either be extremely busy (like going to Morskie Oko) or very climatic, relaxing and quiet (like Bukowina). Both are considered to be part of the general Tatry area.

If you want complete solitude, there's a bunch of wood huts in national forests that you may have luck renting. It may not be easy, most of them are either privately owned or federally - not for commercial uses either way.

I had the pleasure to spend a few weeks in of them over the course of a few summers and it was wonderful. No electricity, no gas, no plumbing. Almost like camping, except there are no other campers within at least 1-2 miles AND you at least have a roof over your head and a hearth to get warm by. No pictures from there, sadly.

If you have any more question, I'll answer them gladly. Smile
c'tair
Update:
I just booked tickets for this year and it's even more than I thought! More fun that is.
I was thinking of going for about 6-9 weeks at most. My family is always a little sad when I leave them like this but come on, I'm a grown man. Plus, the only things I could've done this summer is maybe get a job or enroll for summer semester, both of which are neither fun nor are really beneficial - I already have a decent amount of money saved and I can always find a job when I come back and enrolling for the summer semester won't change anything timewise.

So I'm gonna be gone on vacation for 11 weeks Smile

Soooo.... today morning I got up and started searching for tickets. I mentioned how I do this in another thread. The cheapest ones I could get were like a 1000$, but I also found tickets for 789$ that were like a week later. It took me a while to decide, but I finally picked the more expensive ones - I believe that that week is definitely worth the 200$.

I'm also counting my budget and I will take about 750-1000$ with me in cash to live off of. This year I'm thinking of NOT renting my own place. First of all - I will spend 1-3 weeks living with my girlfriend, then at least 2 weeks will be spent hiking in the mountains. There are also plans for a trip around Europe, which should take around 2 weeks. This means that for at least 5 weeks out of the 11, I'll be well taken care of, plus I can always crash in my best friend's house.

This decision isn't meant to merely save money, it's meant to make sure that once I get off my @ss, I'll have to keep going, keep traveling. Also, this decision will force me to pack small and light - usually I traveled with a big, 20+kg suitcase and a 40l backpack. This time I wanna take just my backpack and small 10kg suitcase.

I already wrote about the places I'm going in my previous posts so I won't bore you guys with that.

I think the most important thing is to know what you like in life. I don't buy new cellphones and tablets, only things that are useful. I'd rather spend money on travel, on real experiences, than on products.

Come on, when you're dying in bed in 50 years, are you gonna think about that shiny new TV you bought? Or that car?
Hell no! You're gonna be thinking about your first girlfriend, about that crazy trip, about going camping with your family.
Experiences are what matter.
mshafiq
if i have vaccation of full one month i want to go with my family disney land,because my kids are demanding since long.This place is full of adventures and joys.My kids are very curious to go to there and to see what magic is there.
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
I already wrote about the places I'm going in my previous posts so I won't bore you guys with that.
Definitely not bored. How can one ever be bored with that material? I'm completely fascinated and am hoping you can fill in some more information.

I'm totally in agreement with travelling light. The lighter the better.

The fact that you're doing without cell phones and tablets. Does this mean that we won't be hearing from you for 11 weeks as well? Or are you planning to drop in at Internet Cafes? Would be nice if you could keep us up to date during your travels. Smile
lucascoelho
Well, one month is a pretty good time to visit some different places, not too far from each other.
I'd like some time like a month to go to Europe, for example, or maybe some part of the Central America or Middle East. I think on those regions because there are many interesting small countries that one might cross by car, bus or even bike, depending on their willingness to know different places and people. Other option would be a bigger country, like the USA, Brazil or China, where in one month you might get to know the big picture about them.

The most important on a trip are the people you meet and the nature you see, of that I'm sure! Being able to do that round way trip, spending time on the road and talking to the locals can make the experience unique. Understanding their culture, some more about the language and meeting other people, even from abroad, would really pay off a vacation for me.

The weather does matter as nature can get a little hostile under certain conditions. So, choosing a more balanced season (like not too hot nor cold, maybe some snow or rain but nothing to keep you at home all day) is very important to enjoy the best you can of your vacation.

Last but not least, company is always a great question. Surely having that special one to share great moments or those friends who won't let you down may turn a simple trip into a life-time event, but there might always be a downside. Sometimes it's hard enough to make a decision for yourself (bout places, expenses and so on); deciding for or among two or more can get things really difficult.

The key is to listen to your heart and mind and go for it! Very Happy
andro_king
the best place i would suggest is island's of japan.The northernmost island of Hokkaido was the final frontier for the citizens of Japan, so it's only fitting that it's the final frontier for visitors as well. Hokkaido confounds expectations at every turn. While the mainland of Japan has a reputation for being tiny and crowded, Hokkaido is expansive and sparsely populated. While the mainland features typically Asian architecture, the major cities of Hokkaido have a distinct, almost European feel. And while Japan is known as a technological paradise, Hokkaido overflows with natural wonders, from fields of alpine flowers in the summer to breathtaking ice-scapes in the winter months.this ensure every visit to japan most memorable. but never rest take an adventurous trip to any unknown places and make them more memorable with your loved ones...
Segia
Always wanted to visit Australia/New Zealand, and from what I've heard there's plenty to be seen in a month's time.
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
c'tair wrote:
Definitely not bored. How can one ever be bored with that material? I'm completely fascinated and am hoping you can fill in some more information.

I'm totally in agreement with travelling light. The lighter the better.

The fact that you're doing without cell phones and tablets. Does this mean that we won't be hearing from you for 11 weeks as well? Or are you planning to drop in at Internet Cafes? Would be nice if you could keep us up to date during your travels. Smile

Well, I've talked over the initial plans for the Eurotrip - it looks like we're gonna start out in Poland, go through Germany and the Benelux countries and stop in Paris for a day or two at a friend's house. Then we're gonna go down to southern France and maybe stop at another friend's place for a night. Then continue our trip through northern Italy, then into Austria, Czech Republic and finally - back to Poland. That's ap. 5000km to do in 2 weeks. It may take more because we wanna see some of the places, or at least have a glance.
Then there are those smaller hiking and forest walking trips. I got about 20gb of storage in my phone and I can take HDR/RAW pictures, so I'm looking to really practice some photography and take some nice pictures on the way.

And yeah, as I've mentioned earlier, I dunno about taking my laptop. I'll most likely take my phone for calling/taking pictures/gps and my nook color for reading in the down time. A laptop might be nice to copy off the pictures, but I'm thinking of just taking a cable instead and using my friend's computers when I visit them. That would save lots of space as well as worries. I really don't know where I'm gonna stay in Poland, I mean it's not really economical to rent my own place, like I usually did, if I'm gonna be on the road for about 7-8 weeks out of the 10.

I'll consider my options, I have about 3.5 months to make the choice.

And I'll try to keep you guys updated with nice pictures Smile
mwasimba
Wow I would love to go for a vacation in Lamu Kenya in East Africa.

Lamu is an island on the North kenyan coast, with white sandy beaches, and the warmes people on earth. From where I am in Nairoi, it would take me about 8 hours bus ride or a 1 hour flight. The attractions are crazy, first the marine life is exotic, coral reefs are beautiful, snorkelling would be top on my lists.

Definately would not go alone, my girl would kill me if she found out I went on a trip without her so for me my company would be her. She is lovely and always knows how to make the most of any situation.

Weather in Kenya is tropical so we have good tmperatures all year round. Lamu coldest would probably be 20 C and high of 40 C in any year so that is not a problem just avoid the rainy seasons in March and November and you will enjoy

Interestingly there are no cars on the island, people use donkey carts to move around, a snippet of pre-mordernisation life.

Lamu, Here I Come!!!!!
dapopeyoh
If I had a one month vacation and I had money to spare, I would travel to Italy. I love the Italian food and wine. I even love the Italian people in general. I would go to Milan to the San Siro stadium. I would love to watch Ac milan play, they r my favourite team. I would also like to visit their museums and other tourist attraction sites in the country.
gandalfthegrey
Somewhere in Europe probably. There are numerous places I love love to visit: Ireland, United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania, Lativa, Estonia, Lithuania... yeah so basically most of Europe.
mk12327
To me, Europe seems to be the best place to be in for a one-month vacation. Cost has always been an issue with me. I would want to tour / travel / explore Europe for a full month at least once in my life. Consider it a dream of mine. (I know it sounds pretty lame to anyone who stays in Europe cause they travel around the different connected countries so often...)
FunDa
mk12327 wrote:
To me, Europe seems to be the best place to be in for a one-month vacation. Cost has always been an issue with me. I would want to tour / travel / explore Europe for a full month at least once in my life. Consider it a dream of mine. (I know it sounds pretty lame to anyone who stays in Europe cause they travel around the different connected countries so often...)

Nice - a EuroTrip

Would be a fun vacation to spend with a bunch of friends roaming around the various sights of Europe ..

Razz An excellent idea !
mk12327
FunDa wrote:
mk12327 wrote:

Nice - a EuroTrip

Would be a fun vacation to spend with a bunch of friends roaming around the various sights of Europe ..

Razz An excellent idea !

Haha... that term you used - "EuroTrip" reminds of the film titled "EuroTrip"! =X
enilsoncba
Quote:
Surely to Fernando de Noronha. Is an isolated volcanic archipelago in the Atlantic South Equatorial in the Brazil, and its main island the visible part of a chain of underwater mountains (DORSAL MEDIAN ATLANTIC), located in the geographic coordinates 03 51 'south and 32 25' west, and distant about 345 km of cable San Roque in the state of Rio Grande do Norte and 545 miles from Recife, Pernambuco. Consisting of 21 islands, islets and rocks of volcanic origin, the main island has an area of ​​18.4 km2 whose major axis about 10 km, maximum width of 3.5 km and a perimeter of 60 km. The base of this enormous volcanic formation is more than 4,000 meters deep. The main island, whose name is the same archipelago, is 91% of the total area, highlighting also the islands of Rata, Sela Gineta, Hairy, St. Joseph and the islets of the Lion and the Widow. Studies show that the formation of islands time of two to twelve million years.

Travel to Fernando de Noronha can mean the realization of a dream for many people. On the Island, there is the feeling of being a part of Brazil that it worked, there are 17 square kilometers to 545 km offshore, where lives a population of only 2,100 people and tourism is developed in a sustainable manner, creating the opportunity for a balanced encounter between man and nature in one of the most important ecological sanctuaries in the world.
fuzzkaizer
maybe i'd look for a nice warm coast at any ocean where i could learn to ride a surfboard? shure, there should also be those waves...
pravojednostavno
belarus or north korea, of course if possible!
jajarvin
To Disney Land.
Pippo90
I would like to travel around in East Asia. China, Japan, South-East, and maybe if I would still have time (unlikely), I would go to India.
duytam28
I will go to China definitely. China is a country of rich culture, beautiful nature.
Pande
deanhills wrote:
This is a good question and I always have to scratch my head when it gets to May, as we are basically forced to take a month's vacation during the hot summer period in the UAE. Last year I decided to travel to Koh Samui in Thailand since its cost of living is relatively cheap. This year it could be a more expensive break as I am planning to spend a month in Canada. I'm also interested in Turkey however, so it may be a toss up between Canada and Turkey.

Where in canada?
twotrophy
I feel that a 1 month vacation is too long. I prefer a 5 day vacation instead. Perhaps I would visit several Japanese cities such as Tokyo.
5aex7yt
I have never been in Europe. So I will go there. They have deep history. That makes me exciting. Also I am living in Los Angeles right now. and I have never traveled in USA also. So I want drive around here. I have wife and 2 kids. So it will be difficult to travel for 1 month. but that is my dream.
panolga
I think that Colorado River region is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I have already been there once. Three weeks holiday was too short a time for full enjoyment, even for some of its famous national parks. The region is huge.
We visited Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park , Grand Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Arches National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park. All these places are terrific! It is difficult to decide which one is better.
However my favourites are: Canyonlands National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. If you have opportunity and time – go there. I will never forget the enormous panorama of Conyonlands and Bryce Canyon’s light pink sandy rocks. It is impossible to describe with words. If you are interested – look at the photos on their websites:

http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/placestogo.htm
http://www.nps.gov/brca/index.htm

I hope one day to visit them again. And Arches National Park for sure, too. Especially considering that the gates to Canyonlands and Arches parks are situated next to each other.
deanhills
Right now I'd go back to Vancouver, Canada, however of course it will not be the same. My nostalgia is probably coloured by the brilliant sunshine weather I had, which apparently is a record for July/August in Vancouver.
ethan_brown
Well i would prefer to visit Panama City Beach ,the most luxurious condos on Florida beaches. Have Heard lot about the place on the internet and advertisements that's the reason why i would love to visit here.
Ramil
I really want to go to Tibet[img][/img]
sonam
Ramil wrote:
I really want to go to Tibet[img][/img]

Me too, and some part of China. And also I would like to see Japan but one month is too short for all. Smile

Sonam
B88maritime
Well if I have month's vacation - and I have the budget to spend. I'll probably go to Japan. I love sushi and admire ancient culture. I'll probably hike near Mt. Fuji and visit ancient villages. I'll look for Ninja and definitely party with Japanese girls - they all look so cool in their mini skirts.
codegeek
I have a two month vacation and for the first week I'm going to the Gosainkunda lake for a bit of hiking with some friends. We'll be climbing to an altitude of 4000 m. The lake is very beautiful and one of the must-visit places of my country. Although I was born and raised here, I have not been able to visit many of the must-see locations. So, hopefully this will be the first of many many trips.
fuzzkaizer
if i had a month in wintertime, i'd choose a warm place in the south, because winter always about one month too long for me... preferably i woud travel to the coast of portugal, or even better to the canarian islands. there i would live in a van, an ride around to the places were the breeze is just right for surfing. the car would park just beside the ocean, and then i would learn how to ride the waves, of course... well, one month is not too much for that, but one could manage to stay on the board for some seconds, at least... Anyway, i would have to take my family with me, because i cannot let them just behind - they wouldn't let me have a holiday like that without them.
Ramil
I envy you, Japan is cool
pravojednostavno
To Canada and USA.
georgio777
I very much like travelling through europe!
mshafiq
If i will get a chance of one month vacation i will take my family to Disneyland because my kids are Waiting for the time to come to go there.Daily they are watching on TV and enjoying different scene and cartoon.they love most.so my family waiting for the best time very anxiously.
deanhills
I haven't done a long distance road trip in a very long LONG time. Don't know whether it's still safe to do that in South Africa, but think if I should get a month, I may want to do that. I'd start in Johannesburg, travel via Bloemfontein and Colesberg (darn! - I still remember the places). Then veer to the East with traveling through the Karoo, Graaff Reinet to the Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth. Then stop over at my sister's place. Then travel down the coast to Western Cape, and visit a few of my friends in various places. Then travel up to the Northern Cape near Namibia border, Springbok, Van Rhynsdorp, Pofadder, Keimoes, to the Augrabies Falls (wonder whether is still water in it). Then maybe go into Namibia, the Fish River Canyon up to Etosha Pan Game Reserve, then back through Windhoek via Vioolsdrif, up to Upington in South Africa, down to what was previously called the Western Transvaal, through Lichtenburg, Rustenburg, then the Eastern Transvaal, and probably won't be able to stay in the Kruger Park, as one has to book a year in advance, but I just love the scenery and landscapes of those places. May go as far North as Louis Trichardt. If that is what it is still called. Most of the names of the cities in that area have been renamed. Then travel to Zululand - Kwazulu, then make my way through the Drakensberg range to Johannesburg.

This photo must have been taken in the Etosha Pan Game Reserve in the Northern parts of Namibia:

This photo is part of the Fish river Canyon landscape, typical colours - rich golden brown. The grass, particularly in the Northern parts where the game reserve is is gold. Awesome scenery:

oliviafoster01
Definitely i would visit Florida or Switzerland to spend my one month long vacations if i have got a chance.
kevinwade01
I would like to go USA . because i like beaches events adventure everything will be their.
Nyasro
I want to visit all beautiful places of my own country Very Happy
Aliciawillems
When i have one month vacation i wanna to go Paris and Switzerland ...Smile Smile
nelson
I would like to go for Pakistan tour and love to spend full month in Pakistani valleys especially in Kagahan Valley because Pakistani valleys are famous about natural beauty.
jackbreat
If i would get a chance for one month vacation.,then i would like to go NYC with my family..NYC is really good and beautiful place ..it has lot of natural beautiful places ..which are attracted to everyone..
carleyadriana
Really information thread....thanks share your views and experience
mikeperhem1
the world’s remotest island, Tristan da Cunha rises out from the South Atlantic Ocean like a prehistoric volcano. Situated 1,242 miles from St. Helena and 1,739 miles from the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa, it really does cut a lonely but beautiful figure.
mshafiq
I always love to go back home if i have long vacation.I always want to spend vacation with my family.
jamesparker
i will like to have world tour Smile
MillieandMe
I spent a month in Mumbai and Goa India in the fall of 2013. It was the most amazing vacation I have ever had. I highly recommend India for a month long trip, the people are warm and welcoming, the experience is amazing and the value is exceptional.
codegeek
I want to spend a month meditating in Mustang. Take no laptop, no cellphone, no internet, nothing. Just pure nature and Buddhist culture. It would be a great experience, I'm sure. I'm planning it for next year when I graduate from college.
mikeperhem1
During one month vacation I would love to go Florida as it is the perfect destination for vacation .
mikeperhem1
One month is lots of time for a perfect vocation and many places to visit. I want to visit there one by one and have fun over there.
I want to go the best places .According to me the best places are:
Switzerland
Washington
Hong kong
London
Florida
Singapore
New York
California
jackbreat
If I have gone for one month vacation than I would like to go the Florida Beach. Where I have done so many fun and entertainment with my friends. My best season is winter, when natural views are so attractive and amazing. And we prefer to go with our own car.
Nyasro
I would go to pokhara, one of the beautiful place in Nepal
mshafiq
Paris is best place to visit.
Paris is called City of Light draws attentions millions of visitors every year.Paris most famous land mark Eiffel Tower is another place to see.
buggla
My favorite place is south east of Spain, Costa Blanca.
Good climate, good food and cheap. You can swim in the ocean in november.
playfungames
If money wasn't a factor and if I got a month of free vacation, I would do an entire Euro-tour. I would love to visit different countries and places in Europe. I would finally be able to figure out what is so special about this continent. There's not doubt that I would visit places such as France, Germany, Italy and Spain. If there's more time left, I would also check out other Nordic countries and even the UK. Man, it would be fun, but I do not see it happening.
johans
i love beach.. so i prefer beach on my country only..

I think Palawan, Philippines is the best that stay in vacation or Cebu City.
cpatnaik
For 1 month I would definitely look at Eastern Europe.
james717
I want to go Russia and Eastern European for this summer as my graduation trip. But I still not yet plan anything about it...... or even I still not yet buy a flight ticket for it. Oh My God.
Hope i can go finally LOL
Anyone have idea and suggestions about it?
mshafiq
I want to go with my family Orlando, Florida United state.
It offers lot of family fun through a thrilling roller coasters, resorts, dinosaurs and Disney amusements. Fantastic family fun plus shows and rides galore come courtesy of Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando and Universal's Islands of Adventure.
johans
i probably visit multiple countries but this depends on how much it cost.
playfungames
To think about it right now, one month in Europe or USA could be like the best vacation for me. I could visit either continent fully, provided that cost is not a limitation along with visa. Right now, with the passport that I have I get travel visas to only a handful of countries and most of them aren't those that I want to visit.
Superhitsongs
Paris
Insanity
I think going to Asia would be great to visit, because there's so many different countries there. The food is amazing, and the people are really nice. It's also a huge culture shock to be on that side of the world where not a lot of Americans have been.
Beds
I've had this dream to go to Italy for a long time now. Mostly for the culture and food. I'd love to take a trip down the great river that run through Venice on a Gondola. I want to visit Rome and see the ruins. I want to visit the old churches and take as many pictures as I possibly can. I'd also like to live in one of those beautiful houses that overlook the ocean. I would also love to learn Italian and (hopefully) become fluent in it.

But, to do all of that I would need a lot of money. But, a woman can dream. Rolling Eyes
kevinwade01
I would like to travel Montgomery because the place has an array of Attractions In Alabama, which makes trips exciting and adventurous. The vacation is quite refreshing as there are many conventions, festivals and events.Moreover the stay also is amazing at moderate rates.