FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free File hosting

sajib
the file hosting website
www.mediafire.com
ProwerBot
Mediafire sucks. Rapidshare is better but they're both drowned with "WAIT 20 SECONDS TILL YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS"
spring567
Are they safe? I don't trust they. I just trust some big company,example microsoft,google,yahoo and so on.
the-guide
spring567 wrote:
Are they safe? I don't trust they. I just trust some big company,example microsoft,google,yahoo and so on.

How to host files on the companies like Microsoft, Google and Yahoo?

metalfreek
Flikr for photos and youtube for video is great. And there is facebook as well.
silverdown
OOO nice!!! find friend!... or foe.. XD
iyepes
the-guide wrote:
spring567 wrote:

It depends, if you want to share documents (.xls, .doc, .pdf, odt, etc) those companies have alternatives for them.
iyepes
Does someone know if there's a free site to share mp3 files?, most sites restrict this kind of media.

I need it to link some songs to a blog (blog owner has the copyright), but wordpress.com doesn't allow it, unless you pay.
Insanity
Try Amazon cloud... I think they have free 5 gb now. Otherwise dropbox and 4shared do pretty good jobs. I think 4shared lets you share mp3s too.
cybersa
Mediafire is best.
Because it allow us to download via Download manager.
iyepes
I use dropbox, it's not intended for massive people sharing, but it's convenient. It also solved my .mp3 sharing need.
NitNik
the-guide wrote:
spring567 wrote:

On Microsoft, you can use Skydrive.
For Google are some services and tools available, which allow you to use GMail as a online-storage (but not for sharing files). You can share some little files through "Google Sites", maybe through Blogger, too. With Google Appspot you can share files too, and for sure, you can publish your open source projects with Google Code.
But all Google services aren't really "filehosts", but you can use them as this if you're evil... Twisted Evil
On Yahoo...well, I don't know. Razz

Another big company with Filehosting is Mail.ru, the russian company behind ICQ. They have a public filesharing-service.
skilz4never
ProwerBot wrote:
Mediafire sucks. Rapidshare is better but they're both drowned with "WAIT 20 SECONDS TILL YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS"

It is very annoying when i have to download and they say that. But just waste 20 seconds of your life is better than you making a account and risking harm to your computer. I hope you take this into account when using these two file uploading/downlaoding sites. It can also bring viruses to your computer and may risk your hard drive crashing.
iyepes
Dropbox new feature of link share rules!!! Now you can share anything you want in a very simple way to publish it online.

There's also a good way to share sound files via Sound Cloud, it also give you a widget to insert in your blog or site.
hitose
ProwerBot wrote:

I really do not think so, rapidshare is very slow after the death of megaupload.com, mediafire provides a constant speed.
busaboss
For me, I use both dropbox and Google Drive and easy to use and trusted too. Dropbox gives 2GB free while Google Drive gives 5GB free. I don't like mediafire it's always FULL of ads. I mean hey I can barely see it it looks irritating..
johans
4shared is cool...
ZapMon
i like Mediafire but i rather use uploadmb.com
rx9876
hitose wrote:
ProwerBot wrote:

I really do not think so, rapidshare is very slow after the death of megaupload.com, mediafire provides a constant speed.

Agree, and mediafire do not count down.
I forgot to click download in the time window a lot.
mgeek
Media fire is good. I use it for file sharing
Josso
I can vouch for Mediafire it's been around a fairly long time and it's probably the least restrictive for free users around at the moment.