FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

computer problem

SnowBlind
hello.
i have windows XP software in my computer and after a week that i installed it it started to make problems.
first it did very offten restarts by him self...
then it started to burn my hard disc (and i mean burn like fire)
after a week i bought a new computer but i dont understand why that software did that!
can you tell my why?
Donutey
ok, so you bought a computer with windows xp operating system installed on it, then after about a week you started having random reboots/restarts.

i'm completely lost on the "it started to burn my hard disc, like catch on fire" section. What is "it"?

it seems to me that you are having hardware problems, not software. more information would be helpful.
TheGeek
yea, sounds like a faulty PSU. Its probably overloading the MOBO and its shutting down cuz its getting hot.
izcool
I'm guessing cooling problems. If you built the machine yourself, make sure that you've got fans everywhere there is an opening in your case. The front of the case should be used for air intake and the back of the case should be used to take out air. Make sure you have thermal paste installed on your CPU, as that can be an issue. Tie up your loose wires to allow air to flow through the case swiftly. Make sure that your computer is in a place where it can breate air, not enclosed in a cabinet or something. If it was built by someone else, have them deal with it if it's still under warranty. If it's catching things on fire, turn it off immediately, and don't turn it on until the issues you're getting are fixed. Best of luck to you on fixing that.

- Mike.
otiscom
If the drive was a Quantum they seem prone to having chips blow up!!!!
Bender1337
u need more fans in your pc
[link snipped]
sanalskumar
Information is not enough to make any judgments. Although it look like hardware issue, we cant be sure about that. Can you give a little more clear picture of the problem?
defecto
Yeah i think more info would be nice. but sounds like a big heat issue. Check your fans.. check to see if there is any dust to it. maybe no thermo glue.