FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All the Hype about Skyrim

weableandbob
I want to know: why does it seem that everyone is so excited for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion, and while they were fun, I don't see why they would prompt so much hype for Skyrim.
LostOverThere
Personally, I've just been impressed by the level of detail there seems to be in Skyrim. The tipping point for me, was when I noticed that Skyrim, despite being an open world game, appears to have as much detail as the finest games that operate in a linear fashion. That was my first "whoa!" moment.

So yes, I guess you could say I'm hyped. Bring on 11/11/11! Mr. Green
rayxzero
Graphics detail for this game is more realistic than oblivion and i really love to play elders scroll series.
drunkenkoz
The elder scrolls series is always good, I've been playing them since I was a kid.
achowles
I found Oblivion to be very bland and generic compared with Morrowind. What I like about Skyrim is that it seems to be going back towards Morrowind, only with all the improvements you can expect from a more modern title. I just hope that it delivers a deeper more engrossing experience than its predecessor.
silver67
Skyrim promises to be Morrowind 2.0. It is going to be an overhaul of the graphics and play like Oblivion but will hopefully be as open as Morrowind was. Plus TES series is a very good series of games with extreme replay value.
Dementei
Can't wait to play Skyrim with fully detailed graphics.. oh man how awesome would that be.. with their upgrade engine and stuff Very Happy
rayxzero
Dementei wrote:
Can't wait to play Skyrim with fully detailed graphics.. oh man how awesome would that be.. with their upgrade engine and stuff Very Happy

Just be sure you have its minimum requirement. I think it can run on better on GTX 200 series or higher, see on their screenshot it shows the full use of GPU pixel/vertex shader.
Dementei
Oh yea man, I'll be able to run it fully, gonna be awesome.
driftingfe3s
LostOverThere wrote:
Personally, I've just been impressed by the level of detail there seems to be in Skyrim. The tipping point for me, was when I noticed that Skyrim, despite being an open world game, appears to have as much detail as the finest games that operate in a linear fashion. That was my first "whoa!" moment.

So yes, I guess you could say I'm hyped. Bring on 11/11/11! Mr. Green

I agree. This game looks awesome! I actually never got around to beating Oblivion, because of my crappy old laptop at the time. I also did find it a bit bland as someone also stated. I've read Skyrim will be a lot more dynamic game than Oblivion so I'm hoping it Skyrim will blow the previous games out the water.
LostOverThere
No doubt this will also be a huge commercial success, especially if it's marketed as being by Bethesda so it can run of the success of Fallout 3's heels. [/b]
LittleBlackKitten
If only Bethesda weren't notorious for game breaking glitches they could have fixed.