FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vrythramax passing

binahzorachat
Hello all,. Im writing to let those that knew wayne "vrythramax" that he passed away yesterday afternoon.
He was a great person and will be missed by all of us who were blessed to call him friend. He was a long time member of this forum, so i wanted those that knew him to be made aware.
deanhills
This is shocking news, and I hope it is a practical joke, is it possible for one of the Moderators or a friend to confirm this as I can't and don't want to believe it, is it true?
sonam
I don't believe, too. But... Confused

Sonam
watersoul
How sad, my thoughts go to his family and friends at this terrible time.
I've read many of his interesting and reasoned posts over the years here, Frihost will notice the loss of his contributions Sad
binahzorachat
I wish this was a joke. It would be a horrible one. but sadly its not. Wayne was my dear friend , he is the one who first introduced me to this forum, he showed me how it worked. We worked together..a FYI most wouldnt know here..he worked the last couple years of his life helping the homeless and addicts. He would give the shirt off his back to help others. He was a very special person. My husband and I run a shelter, and he designed our web site. He loved FRIHOST. And I know he had friends here.
Wayne is gone now but he touched many lives. He wont be forgotten. I understand the schepticism...i will get a link for u. as soon as the obit is in the paper.
fladry
How did he pass? Sad
binahzorachat
We dont know for sure. He was found sitting in his chair at his desk. My husband was called over by the police to ID him. I hope and pray he just went to sleep at his computer. His dog Smokey was at his side.
Wayne was 50 yo, and had a history of serious ulcers and emphysema. He was a good man. He just couldnt give up his cigarettes. We havent even been notified of services etc...my husband is trying to find out. Wayne had no family around , his brother has just been killed a few months ago in a accident in arizona. He has a sister somewhere in FL, so she will have to be located. Wayne was full of life. He loved his dog and he loved helping others..despite his sometimes hardened demeanor. And deanhills...I can tell you..that I know you and he sometimes had adversarial positions on this forum, but he respected your tenacity.
fladry
I hope he died easily....anyway, its a very bad news... Sad
May his soul rest in peace in heaven ....
saratdear
Deeply regretted. I did not know him personally, but enjoyed many of his posts.

May he rest in peace.
Ankhanu
Damn, what a loss. Hope all his family and friends hold up well.
truespeed
Sad news,i was going to post on this thread this morning but was sceptical about the validity of the OP.

RIP Max.
deanhills
binahzorachat wrote:
I understand the schepticism...i will get a link for u. as soon as the obit is in the paper.
I would be most grateful if you did. My skepticism comes from the fact that you are a new poster. Max posted with us as recent as a week ago and he sounded fine. My sincere apologies in advance if I am wrong about this. It is just very difficult for me to compute this. So a link will be most gratefully received.

I am now further puzzled as you mention one brother only. As early as September last year he was talking about two brothers. He mentioned them in his thread about Skydiving while he was relating his experiences in parachuting when he was with the military. He did not make references to his brothers in the past tense. He did not mention a sister, but that could have been because she was not relevant to the discussion.
Vrythramax wrote:
Not to stray too far off topic, but I come from a military family, my father did tours of duty in 2 branches of the service (during WW2 he was a Marine, and during Korea he was in the Air force), my eldest brother is still in the Army and has been for 34 years, my next older brother was simply put...insane. He served during Vietnam and was highly decorated. I served a bit later and tried to emulate my older brother. I stayed with the military for 14 years.

If you are in the plane and the jumpmaster wants you too jump...you don't have a choice, you either jump or get thrown out of the plane!

At 30,000 it's no longer a fear of heights, it comes to a fear of falling.

binahzorachat wrote:
And deanhills...I can tell you..that I know you and he sometimes had adversarial positions on this forum, but he respected your tenacity.
Again apologies if I am wrong in this (I still have to be convinced), but it would have been dead easy to pick this info up from his personal blog. To be honest, I was unaware of how he felt at the time, until he spam canned a post of mine (I was really puzzled why he did that) and someone on this Board then pointed me in the direction of his personal blog. That now feels like ages ago and the reality of it has changed since then. I think he must have stopped blogging for quite a while as most of his personal Websites have been closed. I was an admirer of his right from the start, as I thought he had done some amazing work with his first and much older Website about the Frihost Staff and regular posters. I really liked his sense of humour and it was obvious how much he cared about everyone at Frihost.

I just looked for the thread I posted about his Website, and I'm thrilled his Website is still up and running. This is the link to the Website:
http://kenshi.frihost.net/
goutha
This is really sad news...

Crying or Very sad
goutha
I found this pic of him on myspace :

http://www.myspace.com/vrythramax/photos/255631#{%22ImageId%22%3A255631}
binahzorachat
Wayne did have two brothers , one is mia for years. No one knew his whereabouts as far as I know. He actually had 2 sisters, but his sister Kathy passed away a couple years ago. He has one still in florida. I am actually not new. I was on here as BinahZ last year at waynes urging, I hadnt posted in ages and and forgotten my password and didnt even know if my account was active. So I made a new account for that purpose. THe obit has not been published yet as we believe there is a autopsy etc and family notification holding it up. As SOON as it is I will post it. You dean actually posted on several of my post.
william
I read this and thought it was a joke (I have seen it happen twice before on other forums). But now it does seem that there is truth to this. Crying or Very sad

I didn't interact with him much, but he was one of the defining characters of Frihost. His posts were always enjoyable to read and his work as a moderator was second to none (and his signature always gave me a chuckle). Overall, he seemed like a great person.

My thoughts go to his family and friends during this very difficult time. May he rest in peace.
menino
I'm really sorry to hear about vrythramax a.k.a Wayne's passing away. He seemed like a very nice guy.

He was nice to me in giving me a chance for webhosting, and also correcting my initial mistakes.
Apart from this, I didn't know much about him, but from what you'll have described about him, I wished I did know him better.
deanhills
binahzorachat wrote:
Wayne did have two brothers , one is mia for years. No one knew his whereabouts as far as I know. He actually had 2 sisters, but his sister Kathy passed away a couple years ago. He has one still in florida. I am actually not new. I was on here as BinahZ last year at waynes urging, I hadnt posted in ages and and forgotten my password and didnt even know if my account was active. So I made a new account for that purpose. THe obit has not been published yet as we believe there is a autopsy etc and family notification holding it up. As SOON as it is I will post it. You dean actually posted on several of my post.
Thanks for all the information. I do remember BinahZ, but vaguely though as you have not used it for a very long time, but it is the kind of ID one remembers. Anyway, after everything you have said collectively, including your previous ID, obviously Max is no more and that is sad to learn. Sad

Looks as though for every intent and purpose you are family of Wayne's, so my sincere condolences to you. Also thank you sincerely for going to the trouble and effort to let us know. I'm sure Wayne would have been most grateful to you for doing that.

I am really sorry we won't see him posting any longer. Almost unreal, as yesterday I was still expecting to see a post from him saying: "The Rumors of my Death have been greatly exaggerated" (Mark Twain). His posts were always upbeat, and plenty of times it had some wisdom in it that made me think or some humour that made me laugh. I will miss his posts.
Propaga
My condolences to the family.

graciously...
Pacheco.
LittleBlackKitten
Oh, that's such bad news; I didn't know much about him, but I feel the loss. I'm sorry for his family and their loss. Sad
missdixy
Oh my god Sad And we never got to continue our conversation on Yahoo. Man, I'll miss Wayne . He was a great guy and a good friend, always so willing to help.

May he R.I.P
missdixy
binahzorachat wrote:
THe obit has not been published yet as we believe there is a autopsy etc and family notification holding it up. As SOON as it is I will post it.

Has there been an obit published yet? If so, could you please share the link? I've been looking at the obits for the paper in his area since I saw this post and still haven't seen it published yet.

I am just having a hard time believing this still Sad
ProwerBot
Seen many posts from him, a great frihost poster. Sad to hear he has passed.
Bluedoll
My condolences to Vrythramax friends and family. It is indeed shocking but goes to show just how fragile life is, none of us are here forever. A passing makes everyone think of how important it is to live our life to the fullest and in peace, if at all possible, because not always do we know for certain, when that time will be, only that it will occur.
Blaster
I knew it wasn't a Joke for the sole purpose I knew his name wasn't actually Max and knew it was Wayne. When I first started talking to him it was before he was a moderator of this forum. He has been through quite a bit. A few years ago his wife and kid died in a horrific accident. He seemed to be a man of great honor for everyone. He did great web design that topped most people. He was really knowledgeable when it came to the internet. As stated in a PM with him
Quote:
I did my Masters Degree Internship at MIT working for the W3.org as a internet protocals reasercher

Overall Wayne was a great guy. We talked quite a bit back before I became in-active. Sad to see him go
Helios
I am also at a loss of words... I still have some hope that he's fooling us, but knowing him and some facts about him which were posted here by a person who, to write those things about him, must have known him as well, I try to accept the worst case - Wayne is really gone. It's hard to believe really, as I really liked the guy and he had this type of personality that you will never think death will touch him.

Wayne was a very intelligent man, with great sense of humor, life experience and a unique personality.
I'm extremely sad on one hand, but also happy that I had the oppertunity to talk to him. A very special person indeed.

If it's really the end, then may he rest in peace.
Ankhanu
Helios wrote:
I'm extremely sad on one hand, but also happy that I had the oppertunity to talk to him. A very special person indeed.

It's really easy to dwell on the former point (sad), but it's the latter that is really the most important.
He brought us plenty, we should always remember that.
Ghost900
I have read some of his posts and he seemed like a really nice person. He will be missed.

Rest In Peace Wayne.
standready
Rest in peace, Wayne. We will see you on the other side.
speeDemon
I opened frihost after a long time, and this is the first post that caught my attention,
I didn't know the man as most of the other users did, but I knew about him, I knew about his posts, and I knew about his knowledge.

I still don't believe that he is gone, but all I can do is pray,
I know this might be a bit late, but how does it matter.

Rest in peace Wayne.
ankitdatashn
Ohh dear, I thought this to be a joke but it turned out otherwise, I will always remember his display pics, his icon of a smiley which is crossed and weired handwritten Vrythramax, My condolences to his family and May his soul rest in peace.
Ankhanu
Bah. I was just about to reply to one of his old posts to answer a question... then realized that it would never be answered Sad
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Bah. I was just about to reply to one of his old posts to answer a question... then realized that it would never be answered Sad
I bump into him all of the time, particularly his stickies. Is as though he is still with us. Darn!
Ankhanu
The irony is that what I was going to respond to a question asking what it might be like if certain musicians were still alive... triggered a "wait a second..." Razz
dan751
I send my condolences to Wayne's family. I didn't know him personally but I do remember him as part of the Frihost staff and community. It seems he lived a rather fulfilling life. And seemed like he was honorable. I wish all the best to everyone who was left behind.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
The irony is that what I was going to respond to a question asking what it might be like if certain musicians were still alive... triggered a "wait a second..." Razz
Right ..... he must certainly be smiling on that from wherever he is .... Very Happy
jmlworld
This is shocking news. I didn't know this as I was not active earlier this year. He was a great member and good Frihoster. Sad

R.I.P. Vrythramax
ankur209
Ohh.... thats really bad ! he was the one who accepted my request when i signed up for the frihost account Crying or Very sad
bukaida
A real loss of a Frihost family member. I have missed the thread somehow at that time. Read many of his interesting topics in the last couple of years. We will be missing you. RIP.
nivinjoy
It is very sad to know about the news.. He was an account creator and a Moderator at Frihost. So i think there is something more to be done in memory of him.So i request "Bondings" to see to that, that something is done in remembrance of him, like naming a forum or starting a competition in his name. It is a sort of respect that we all community members can give to him (atleast to his soul).

Let's all pray to God Almighty for his blessed soul and pray and hope that may the soul rest in eternal peace.

Those who want to know more about him please visit the following links:

http://www.frihost.com/users/Vrythramax/

http://kenshi.frihost.net/
Ankhanu
I tend to disagree.
We, as people he'd influenced, remembering is enough. There's no need to sully things with dedications, competitions and the like. That cheapens his memory, I think. I think the best respect we can pay is simple, personal memory.
nivinjoy
Ankhanu wrote:
I tend to disagree.
We, as people he'd influenced, remembering is enough. There's no need to sully things with dedications, competitions and the like. That cheapens his memory, I think. I think the best respect we can pay is simple, personal memory.

I was just saying my opinion. Its just like making a monument or statue in memorial to a famous person. So likewise he was someone special to Frihost. Hence I was asking for some sort of memorials in Frihost so that he remains in Frihost forever and ever.
bukaida
Quote:
I was just saying my opinion. Its just like making a monument or statue in memorial to a famous person. So likewise he was someone special to Frihost. Hence I was asking for some sort of memorials in Frihost so that he remains in Frihost forever and ever.

Thats right. Otherwise the new members will never know that there was such a person. He will live forever through his posts though.
Ankhanu
nivinjoy wrote:
I was just saying my opinion.

And I was saying mine. We just happen to have opposing opinions on the matter.
nivinjoy
[quote="bukaida"]
Quote:
Thats right. Otherwise the new members will never know that there was such a person. He will live forever through his posts though.

Thanks for the support fellow member.. I was exactly trying to say what you had said.
Josso
This is very sad news, RIP

Didn't know him, but I would always stop to read his posts