FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHProxy on WAMP Server 2 being blocked at school

Wingoboy
I am running PHProxy on the WAMP 2 server. It is being automatically blocked at my school, eg xx.xx.xx.xxx/PHProxy/ will be blocked, but xx.xx.xx.xxx/ I can access. How can I get around this?
iman
As far as I know, those kinds of proxies are blocked by your school by reading the incoming URLs.
Maybe you should try using glype instead (which may not work either given the skill of your school admins).
If that doesn't work, you may have to edit the source code of your proxy.
You just need to change the url format.
djrafferty1203
i need some proxies because mcfee is not letting me use ultra surf anymore Sad
jmlworld
Wingoboy wrote:
I am running PHProxy on the WAMP 2 server. It is being automatically blocked at my school, eg xx.xx.xx.xxx/PHProxy/ will be blocked, but xx.xx.xx.xxx/ I can access. How can I get around this?

Rename the PHProxy folder to something else, because their filters are searching every URL containing the word "Proxy".
mahirh
you could use this -http://sourceforge.net/projects/web-mirror if you had curl compiled along with your wampp 2 sever. However as the others had said,it depends on the skill of your school admins
ogah
rename PHProxy with other word that not blocked by your school
hope word "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" not blocked also Smile
thnn
Also if PHProxy still works the same way, your school may be blocking a certain string that will make it impossible to use PHProxy without modifying it.
ogah
in some case we can unblock with proxy setting in browser properties
NitNik
Do you really need to visit blocked sites at school?
I don't know what you do, but the school is for learning and not for playing. And if you are doing any illegal stuff, it would be very unfair for the school...why shall the school get into problems because you?

Anyway, Tor and IP:Port-Proxies are the most times unblocked. It's nearly unable to block every tor node and every IP:Port-proxy...
But you should keep your eyes open: Some tor nodes ("bad nodes" and "bad exists") are collecting data about their users and some IP:Port-proxys are stealing all data you're writing on any website...(do not use things like Amazon and online-banking through proxies!)