FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The great big thread of Woe

captainsuperdude
The mental health establishment took my brother, the british took my sister, and the carbon monoxide poisoning took my dad. Now I'm all alone in the coldest place in the world with just my mom and no other friends or family.

And in my nightmares squirrels are using my blogs as material for exploitative films relentlessly determined to chisel away at my self-esteem.

Share your tales of woe.
silver67
Growing up I was told that anyone could be great.
wellerchap
I always regretted not going to Art College after school....had a place - chickened out & got a dead-end job......29 years later I have an ever-increasing rueful feeling of self-blame for my relatively low status....I took a wrong turn at that very important time in life, got it wrong, and have been mediocre ever since.
If I had my time again, I'd have gone there, studied hard & become a graphic artist/designer....my wife's Uncle did that and now lives a fantastic lifestyle & is very happy & successful.
I'm now really encouraging my daughter to follow her dreams in Musical Theatre...she goes to study it more in University this year, armed with plent of encouragement from me, from the experience of never having followed my dream.
Ah well....maybe next time, for me!
deanhills
Now this is a great woe to me. Heard in a Suggestion Thread that Bondings is not well! Sad Hope he gets better soon.

wellerchap wrote:
I took a wrong turn at that very important time in life, got it wrong, and have been mediocre ever since.
I have not seen any evidence of mediocrity. Your photography is awesome.

Maybe you can patent your scooter designs as well? Very Happy
ocalhoun
captainsuperdude wrote:
the british took my sister,

How did this happen!?!
ProfessorY91
ocalhoun wrote:
captainsuperdude wrote:

How did this happen!?!

Question is seconded. Seriously...?!
loyal
My phone fell in the bath Sad I wrote diary entries in the calender for three years Sad

ProfessorY91 wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
captainsuperdude wrote:

How did this happen!?!

Question is seconded. Seriously...?!

Question is third-did (umm....it's a real word now!)
TurtleShell
I'm dead broke, totally in debt, my kid's report card comes back today and I'm expecting a HUGE blow up at home, I'm stressed all the time, the roof in my apartment leaks all over the bedroom, my daughter aspires to be an ineffective thief, all the good TV shows get canceled, I was totally rude to the woman in front of me on the road today and now I regret it, the freakin copy machine at work is a piece of junk and my dream of being abducted by aliens has yet to happen. I am worried that I'll be wrestling with money problems until I die, and the aliens are no where to be seen. Its. just. sad.
wellerchap
deanhills wrote:
Maybe you can patent your scooter designs as well? Very Happy

Cheers Dean.

That'll be 100 please!

Very Happy

You've also got to get on and not try to beat yourself up too much...I feel desparately sorry for for Turtleshell....I mean, cancelling all the good TV shows....that REALLY is bad! Crying or Very sad

Cheer up everyone! Razz
TurtleShell
wellerchap wrote:
I feel desparately sorry for for Turtleshell....I mean, cancelling all the good TV shows....that REALLY is bad! Crying or Very sad

Cheer up everyone! Razz

Yes, but it's the aliens that really get to me. When's it going to happen? when? when?
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
Yes, but it's the aliens that really get to me. When's it going to happen? when? when?
Laughing Laughing Do you think the aliens were the ones responsible for starting a rumour on 2012? I guess if we are depressed we may just as well go the whole nine yards, including the end of the world .... Twisted Evil

At least Monty Python is giving us more time. Monty Python's Flying Saucer show below refers to the World's End as 2050. Twisted Evil
spinout
Oh shit i am darth Vaders bigger badder bro!!!

1. I let out a trickfilm containing my best friend shooting himself to his parents after his death. He took his life and also wanted to do so in a music video we did. stupid eh???

I really have more badder things than this! Just the tip of the iceberg.

And the sad thing is that I never have done any good things. And IF i sincerely try to do good - everything turn out to be exreme bad stuff.
I have stopped trying doing good stuff and have started to call myself S*tan!
TurtleShell
Gosh, the end of the world in 2012 is just one more crappy thing. Oh and, I'm running out of chocolate at home but have no money to buy more.

If the aliens came to abduct me tomorrow, would they bring me chocolate, I wonder?
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
If the aliens came to abduct me tomorrow, would they bring me chocolate, I wonder?
I'd like to hope that it will be something infinitely better. That will channel us into a different dimension, way past our physical world. Who knows, maybe it is because aliens are situated in a different dimension, that we have been unable to identify them so far. They are around, but we just can's recognize or see them with our limited ability of sensory perception. Shocked Anxious
TurtleShell
Perhaps. And perhaps if they did bring me chocolate, it would be better than any chocolate I've ever had before. unimaginably better.
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
Perhaps. And perhaps if they did bring me chocolate, it would be better than any chocolate I've ever had before. unimaginably better.
I'd go for food that I have not tasted ever before! I've tried to wean myself off chocolate, as it has been proven to be toxic in large quantities. I remember a friend of mine's dog Tess. My friend had to rush out while she was wrapping her Xmas presents, and then her dog discovered liquor chocolates and ate her way through a few boxes of those. So when my friend returned her dog was lights out, and she had to rush Tess to a vet. The vet then told her that the alcohol was not the problem, but it was the chocolate that was the most toxic part of the liquor chocolates. I'm almost certain there has to be an infinite number of possibilities of putting us in heaven as far as our taste buds are concerned that have not seen the light yet. Maybe aliens could recognize those instantly ..... Smile
TurtleShell
Sadly, chocolate does kill dogs. My dog once ate a pound of fudge my grandma had sent to me. I rushed him to the vet only to find out that the giant lug was so heavy (104lbs!) that it wasn't a lethal dose! He lived several more years after that. what an awful night. No, if the aliens gave me chocolate, I am certain it would be good--even if it was lethal.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
The vet then told her that the alcohol was not the problem, but it was the chocolate that was the most toxic part of the liquor chocolates. I'm almost certain there has to be an infinite number of possibilities of putting us in heaven as far as our taste buds are concerned that have not seen the light yet. Maybe aliens could recognize those instantly ..... Smile

Chocolate is toxic to dogs... not so much to humans though.

(Different species have different reactions to certain foods, after all.)
missdixy
silver67 wrote:
Growing up I was told that anyone could be great.

Pretty well said. And, also:

I will always regret my decision to come to an elite university where my grades are B's and where I don't really care about my major. If I had only followed my dream (which is writing) and pursued it at a university with a better English/Creative Writing program and where the other classes were not so difficult, then maybe I would still feel as if I had some talent left and would still believe I had at least a bit of self-worth.

Also, to the OP, I too am quite curious as to how the British took your sister! And why! And..where? Confused
spinout
WOE = JAPAN

Well, the US navy is getting away... radiation

And the nuclear plants is not built on a concrete platform as they would!!! It is going to heat the ground...
deanhills
spinout wrote:
WOE = JAPAN

Well, the US navy is getting away... radiation

And the nuclear plants is not built on a concrete platform as they would!!! It is going to heat the ground...
That has to be a natural woe .... along awesome lines. Probably not a good idea to build a nuclear reactor in an earthquake zone. Wonder who approved that one? As there must have been geological surveys made at the time when the nuclear plant was proposed, and it would have been pointed out by geologists and engineers.
achowles
deanhills wrote:
Probably not a good idea to build a nuclear reactor in an earthquake zone. Wonder who approved that one?

For Japan to have a nuclear reactor that's not on the faultline it would have to... not be in Japan. Which is probably not an option.
deanhills
achowles wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Probably not a good idea to build a nuclear reactor in an earthquake zone. Wonder who approved that one?

For Japan to have a nuclear reactor that's not on the faultline it would have to... not be in Japan. Which is probably not an option.
Excellent point .... Embarassed Especially now that earthquake and tsunami have connected with one another, wonder what kind of building standards they would have to have for building nuclear reactors in Japan. Probably going to be enormously expensive. They may have to work really hard to figure their way around this double whammy for fixing the nuclear reactors they have (if indeed they can be fixed) and/or building new ones.
ankitdatashn
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
The vet then told her that the alcohol was not the problem, but it was the chocolate that was the most toxic part of the liquor chocolates. I'm almost certain there has to be an infinite number of possibilities of putting us in heaven as far as our taste buds are concerned that have not seen the light yet. Maybe aliens could recognize those instantly ..... Smile

Chocolate is toxic to dogs... not so much to humans though.

(Different species have different reactions to certain foods, after all.)

Yeah, heard sweet things are all dangerous to furr bearing animals and birds, dunno how true it really is Smile