FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

corporate Facebook blackmail

standready
I see an ad that says "get a coupon for X amount our product - click here". Follow the link and you are required to 'like' the company on Facebook in order to get the coupon. This is blackmail to increase 'like' for the company!

BTW: where is the 'unlike'? or even better a 'dislike' the whole mess!
silver67
Facebook is never going to put a dislike button on their website. If it existed then they would make no money from ads because everyone would dislike them being shown.

As for having to like the company to get the coupon, there are no free lunches.
iman
That's their promo. Why would they give you the coupon for free?
Also, you can close the ad and select if it's misleading, offensive, etc. I think that's what you're looking for
standready
iman wrote:
Why would they give you the coupon for free?

To encourage someone to try their product! I am not going to 'like' a company to get a coupon to try their product that I may, after using, not "like".
Just make the coupon available on their own website like companies use to.
silver67
standready wrote:

Just make the coupon available on their own website like companies use to.

Well that was before social media became a big part of American life as sad as that is to say. Companies have to change their advertising to a way that will attract the most customers.

Having their page liked by say 100,000 people that just wanted a coupon will look better to consumers than a company with 0 likes. It is a form of deceit but who doesn't lie to you, the consumer, nowadays?
sketteksalfa
I dont know why you're affected by it but this is the way of the marketing strategies these days. You should try yourself and it works. Not everything in this world you can get free, you simply just to like them and get your reward. Then unlike later on after you have your reward.