FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does frihost supports Joomla 1.6 ?

PGe-tips
Just a quick one before I start experimenting on my own ... is Joomla 1.6 running correctly on frihost.org
Any ideas for good (free) templates ? Plug-ins etc
silverdown
Joomla as far as I know is allowed, however I found out I seem to can only get it to install myself is when I go the manual install, the automatic normal/standard way doesn't seem to work for me, it may be diffrent for you, just telling you so you have another option if the normal/standard way doesn't work.

As for Plugins you check out the extensions that are like a plugin
http://extensions.joomla.org/
PGe-tips
Thank you the answer ...
PGe-tips
Meanwile got it running... needed to make a MSQL database and fill in the details during install (localhost as server). So far I just tried the default templates and just a few extra plug-ins ... all is running as expected. Still learning the system but it seems be rather straight forward.
Any advise on best practisches (related to the combination of Joomla! 1.6 and freehost.org)
ankur209
Try to check the new extensions and modules for it !! and also keep trying for the templates you would find on internet !! Razz