FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eliminate California from USA?

CALIFORNIA LEAVE UNITED STATES
YES
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
NO
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

tribe
1. Its Earthquake Land out there. This week they have had 6 quakes of 5.0 or less.

2. Its full of all the actors. They are the biggest critics of this nation.

3. Its HIPPY City. They got gay marriages; neo-Nazi's; people who cry if they do not get what they want.

The state is on a fault and 1 major quake its going to dis-attach from the USA and go out into the Pacific.

But the question is if you could; would you just want it to get out of the US if possible? They are like their own country; big land; lots of people.
shadows
but still california is a big and important place of the USA.
about the earthquakes - the civilians doesnt have the foult of that.
about the actors - so what? they are animals? - no they are people like us!
about the third point- in that case i agree with you, i heate people like those!- Neo-Nazi's are the worst Mad
dan751
Just because it has a high earthquake rating, doesn't mean that it shouldn't remain part of the United States.
startsomething
I think you are too critical for your own good.
They can't help it if they have lots of earthquakes.
The actors do control a lot of the social aspects of our society, and you may hate some of them, but that dosn't mean you should get rid of them.
They do have hippies, but most places have them.
They have neo-nazis, but same applies.
Now, they have gay rights and I think that more states should have gay rights. I'm not gay, but I don't think that people should be able to control sexual orientation. The pirsuit of happiness! It's in the constitution.

I think you should open your mind to thoughts and ideas, and to other people. Stop being so xenophobic and hateful.
krazeek
let me ask one question. Why eliminate the state from the USA?

1. It most likely will never happen.
2. The Earthquakes naturally accure not man-made so they cant help it.
3. Leave it part of the USA because then all the actors would come and ruin are lives here in ohio, michigan, iowa, etc.
Billy Hill
LoL,

California is the SEVENTH LARGEST ECONOMY in the world. Wink
Eyre
uhhhhh.......why would we eliminate California for those reasons?
Dark_Jedi06
Well if were eliminating California because of earthquakes, then let's just get rid of some other places shall we.

-The Plains States; who cares if it's the bread basket, there are too many tornados!

-New Orleans; it's below sea-level, let's just get rid of them too!

-The Northeast; darn all those blizzards! Let's just get rid of them.
Eyre
and of course my state, Florida, for their SEVERE voting problems. luckily, i get to vote next time. ill stay a little late and slap some of them around for you guys.
jveezy
The fault line is on the west end of the state. If some earthquake were to split it away, it would take away very very little.

Not only that, California is a very diverse place depending on which area you look at. Sure you'd find a lot of hippies if you went to San Francisco or the surrounding areas, but if you've ever seen one of those red/blue maps by region and not just by state, you'd see that California is pretty much all red except for the big cities.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002529979_webmarriage29.html
For your information. Gay marriage is not legalized here.

Hollywood is full of actors. If you were to come to say Modesto or Sacramento, I doubt you'd find very many actors.

You have turned specifics into generalizations. Why don't you come to Calfornia and visit the entire state. I'm sure you'll find quite a few people that are not Neo-Nazi Hippie Actors that like to bash the nation.
RosenCruz
tribe wrote:
1. Its Earthquake Land out there. This week they have had 6 quakes of 5.0 or less.

2. Its full of all the actors. They are the biggest critics of this nation.

3. Its HIPPY City. They got gay marriages; neo-Nazi's; people who cry if they do not get what they want.

The state is on a fault and 1 major quake its going to dis-attach from the USA and go out into the Pacific.

But the question is if you could; would you just want it to get out of the US if possible? They are like their own country; big land; lots of people.

i think that idea is ridicuolus..
Grimboy
Wow, you grouped hippies, neo-nazis and gay marrages as one. In my opinion if you don't like gay marrages then YOU are the nazi. Most hippies are ok, there are the poseurish ones but hey, nothings perfect.

None the less I voted yes just because it''s so stupid and I enjoy a bit of stupidity every now and then.
S3nd K3ys
Grimboy wrote:
... In my opinion if you don't like gay marrages then YOU are the nazi....

HuH? Confused
webapp
its a very important state....

Very decisive

7th Largest economy in the world

Accounts for 30-40% of US economy

Do u think we can eliminate it...
Monkeydog
I don't care I hate the US Razz
But since when am I a hippy actor...and I haven't felt an earthquake Confused

If we were to elimainate us why not the hurricane states?
Or hawwai...it's not part of NA
Anti-Camper
my opinion is YES! Laughing
nilsmo
California is quite a unique state... But it can't be independent because the US wouldn't want to lose that economy and it's just simply not realistic! Razz
myrevolt
this sounds like a question I got on a study guide for US History the other day Razz I think its more like a "what-if" thing, not something that is gonna happen. Rolling Eyes
Monkeydog
It will never happen...you know how bad off the US would be without us?
Vincent Vale
California is indeed a unique state...and not just their governor.
Did you know he's actually trying to repeal the part of the Constitution that doesn't allow non-nativeborn American citizens to run for President? I wonder why...

Oh, hi, I'm new to the forums.
budazz
why?...can you do that...
Vincent Vale
You probably can't...but he's trying to so he can run for President (he was born in Austria I think)
budazz
Vincent Vale wrote:
You probably can't...but he's trying to so he can run for President (he was born in Austria I think)

haha i hope he 'll wins...ill vote for him...lol Very Happy
earthchild
This is funny. There is a book about this... some guy thought California, Oregon and Washington should just create their own free thinking country.
I don't know, I wouldn't complain (so long as nobody tries to kill each other.)
S3nd K3ys
budazz wrote:

Yes. Individual states can secede from the Union. If it's going to happen, my money would be on Texas first. They have long saught to secede from the Union and be an individual state. Hence the "Lone Star State".
Vincent Vale
S3nd K3ys wrote:
budazz wrote:

Yes. Individual states can secede from the Union. If it's going to happen, my money would be on Texas first. They have long saught to secede from the Union and be an individual state. Hence the "Lone Star State".

Really? I didn't know that...I knew that it took a while for Texas to become a state in the first place, but I wasn't aware they wanted to leave the nation. Are you sure about that? It would probably be on the news if it was announced that Texas favored seceding. And if by "they" you mean "a whole bunch of people you know from Texas", then that doesn't really represent the state.
izimngcubes15
I don't think that's good. Since almost everything is there, Hollywood, L.A., and a lot of cities and famous history. I think California should stay in the U.S. and we should find a way to reduce the dangerous disasters percentage.
johnabraham
i think yes, california will be much better off by itself...
PatTheGreat42
I was born in California, 15 miles north of the Mexican border.

And I will tell you, Southern California is the promised land.
PatTheGreat42
Which is why we shouldn't lose it. California is the bestest thing to ever happen to the United States. You gotta keep it.