FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Controller problem

airh3ad
Hi guys having problem here, our domain controller unable to give dhcp ip address to the machine. any advise?
menino
I'm guessing you are using Windows 2003 Server as your domain controller.

If that is the case, then you can use the dhcp management console to refresh the dhcp allocation.
I believe the command for this is dhcpmgmt.msc, which you can run from the run command.

You can delete all the entries that the dhcp has allocated (except for the reserved ones, of course), and then refresh it.

Hope this helps you.
airh3ad
Yes. Windows 2003 Server as our domain controller we have reserve IP address also, i checked my server a lot of IP address available but never give to clients you said delete all entries what happens next if delete it?
jilbs
Tell us more about the problem. but before you do, maybe you want to consider the following:

1. Check if the cable connecting your domain controller to the HUB is okay. check the NIC in your PDC maybe it's busted or something.
2. Check if the DHCP Service is running or not.
3. Escalate to a more qualified System Admin maybe advance reconfiguration is needed.
4. Make sure you make an image of your Drive C every month using Acronis Software so in case something happens, all you do is restore the image and your server along with its configuration will be back in minutes.

Hope this helps out.
airh3ad
Quote:
1. Check if the cable connecting your domain controller to the HUB is okay. check the NIC in your PDC maybe it's busted or something.
2. Check if the DHCP Service is running or not.
3. Escalate to a more qualified System Admin maybe advance reconfiguration is needed.
4. Make sure you make an image of your Drive C every month using Acronis Software so in case something happens, all you do is restore the image and your server along with its configuration will be back in minutes.

1. No problem on the connections all NIC is working
2. DHCP is running.
3.I can't escalate i have to work this and i can solved already a problem
4 i have a updated back-up weekly and monthly.

DHCP- there is no problem as of this time he server can give IP address already.

Thanks for the help.
jilbs
Good to know pare. ^_^