FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

was our ancient history more advanced than the present?

icool
Hmm we see a lot of mythical characters being said in those mythological stories. If we correctly analyse the characters and the weaponry they used we could see that those things are actually possible with today's technology.. Are we ape men then?

for example take zeus he has been depicted having a weapon that can send a lighting and hit any person.. What if it was just a Laser weapon?
badai
depend on your religion, zeus does not exist. and he don't have any weapon.

that guy with lightning weapon, his worshiper lives further up north in scandinavia. and his name is Thor.

and if it's mystical, why would we ever want to compare it as something real?

why not talk about something more down to earth stuffs like pyramids, that hanging garden etc that we know is almost real. then we can talk if they are more technological advance than us.

but to compare God (greek, norse or whatever) vs human.... i think we human just can't keep up even with ET being help.
gandalfthegrey
It's hard to qualify more advanced. Perhaps certain societies were more advanced socially at times then we are.

Our modern societies, we have little appreciation for where our food and water come from, are quite haughty and arrogant in what we know, and lack wisdom for realizing what we don't know.
icool
badai wrote:
depend on your religion, zeus does not exist. and he don't have any weapon.

that guy with lightning weapon, his worshiper lives further up north in scandinavia. and his name is Thor.

and if it's mystical, why would we ever want to compare it as something real?

why not talk about something more down to earth stuffs like pyramids, that hanging garden etc that we know is almost real. then we can talk if they are more technological advance than us.

but to compare God (greek, norse or whatever) vs human.... i think we human just can't keep up even with ET being help.

how did mythology come into existence? and how did religion come into existence? there must have been something that could have provoked people to believe in such things!
badai
you know what, it's ok to as question. really. you will be welcome here.

but it's damn NOT ok to start a discussion with question. start with something like in your first post.
icool
As per the relativity theory everything thats been told in mythology and even the mystical agelessness of the Gods a.k.a aliens could be travelling at light speed and at that speed there is less effect of time over the body. Moreover a lot of such things could easily be explained with the present day technologies.. I think our ancestors just tried to explain the things they saw in the best possible way.
icool
hmm ok lemme give out some examples.. The iron pillar at delhi, the Great pyramid of Egypt and yeah the list goes on. How do u believe those men of past did that. We will not be able to even match up to those monuments even with the present day technology. Such was their engineering and scientific prowess. Smile
pampoon
icool wrote:
hmm ok lemme give out some examples.. The iron pillar at delhi, the Great pyramid of Egypt and yeah the list goes on. How do u believe those men of past did that. We will not be able to even match up to those monuments even with the present day technology. Such was their engineering and scientific prowess. Smile

You don't think we can build a pyramid? If that is true, then explain to me how we managed to construct such massive structures as the Empire State Building in NY, the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, and the Canton Tower in China?

If instead you meant "Where are our 'Pyramids of Giza'?", I suggest you read up on the Human Genome Project. Centuries later (assuming we're still around by then), historians will wonder how we came about mapping out the entire human genome without the advanced microscopes of the future. The answer is simple: human ingenuity. Just like the Egyptians used a basic knowledge of pulleys and slaves, we used what we have now to do something incredible that will be far simpler 2000 years from now.
icool
pampoon wrote:
icool wrote:

You don't think we can build a pyramid? If that is true, then explain to me how we managed to construct such massive structures as the Empire State Building in NY, the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, and the Canton Tower in China?

If instead you meant "Where are our 'Pyramids of Giza'?", I suggest you read up on the Human Genome Project. Centuries later (assuming we're still around by then), historians will wonder how we came about mapping out the entire human genome without the advanced microscopes of the future. The answer is simple: human ingenuity. Just like the Egyptians used a basic knowledge of pulleys and slaves, we used what we have now to do something incredible that will be far simpler 2000 years from now.

Pyramids aren't as simple as it is thought. If you carefully see it. The construction of it is really amazing. Just peep inside and you could see compartments , space for aeration, and lot of other things secret chambers etc. are still out there. Our historians and other researchers are still discovering a lot of stuff about Egyptians. The wow factor is that they built it without the present day technology. Thats simply unimaginable.
lovelyviki
i think it is a controversial topic.
i believe one opinion: The development of human society is from junior to senior, up to a certain extent, all development will destroy , then start again.
i advise you can see a movie "Loss of future".
Mrs Lycos
Idon't think this question relates to what religion you have. There are historical facts that can't be denied with a religion, no matter which.

The Vedas talk about massive destruction weapons in their descriptions of ancient wars. The concept of such weapons, described with very simple words from someone who doesn't know the technology, shows that it can't possibly be "make-up" stories from their fantasies for a person in those years. There are also places in the world where there are signs of nuclear explosions for the radiation still present.

Then coming to other sacred texts, the bible talks about a god who helps the jews, in the form of a cloud, that descended to the top of a mountain, and whoever got close, got a kind of "glow" - the bible interprets it as a bliss. If you're a Christian, then you believe this god so close to the chosen people existed. But as such, then actually for other cultures in ancient times, each people had a deity, such as Ishtar, the goddess of fetility, who accompanied their people in war in the shape of a cloud as well, and inflicted lighting on the enemy. There are also stories of these "gods" fighting each other, protecting their chosen people, as irascible or benevolent as the jewish god. All this long before greek mythology.

So why should we believe there is only one path to technology, and it's ours alone?
IceCreamTruck
It even says in the Bible that beings not from earth mixed with humans, bread with them, and had offspring -- these were the "Heroes of old." Personally I think this is the Bible proving the Greek gods and Goddesses were real, and that they weren't of this earth. People seem to skip this part of the Bible, but it seems to verify any claims that divine creatures came to earth, joined with humans, and birthed giants and heroes just like the Mythological stories say! Why believe any part of the Bible, and ignore this?

I think if there were more advanced creations then we'd have some sort of record of them... oh wait, we do!

Pretty safe to just call this is a "sky craft"

We'll just call this an Earth and "sky" ship...

Try to pretend there isn't a helicopter, and two space or "sky ships" in this picture making three more "sky ships"...

They only repeat over and over because they never saw this stuff...

Nevermind that some of the toys stored with the Egyptian Pharaohs actually fly...

This proves the wright brothers were not the first to invent the airplane. Egyptian children had flying toys. This means the adults had to have made larger flying/gliding craft. If they didn't make gliding craft then one might speculate that the reason is that they would have been greatly outclassed by the metal flying craft that "God" was flying above their heads. If you can make a toy that flies, and you know this is ground breaking, then you'd begin construction on a craft that would fly a human into the sky unless there was already something in the sky that made you think A) I can't make that or B) I might bring god's wrath down on me. I think it's a good possibility the Egyptians didn't build gliding aircraft because they knew they'd be greatly outmatched by what they were already seeing in the sky. They may have already had a definition of what an airplane was, and what it was made out of, so we don't see the usual experimentation that bridges the gap between toy and airplane we have today.

I'm not sure what to think. I think it's just crazy that the Egyptians have so much reference to flying objects in the sky, and pictures of them, and they all look like aerodynamic airplanes we have today. Kinda makes you think they knew what they were talking about. I find it very curious they didn't span the gap from the toys they had to actually making larger craft that would fly in the high desert winds. Who knows... maybe everyone who experimented on air travel died back in those days so it was taboo to experiment with God's sky! Who knows.

Strange... food for thought

This one depicts Egyptians using incandescent light bulbs to light the inside of the pyramids. That is not my translation.

[img]http://d2o7bfz2il9cb7.cloudfront.net/main-qimg-5ebdbf0c1ad8e7eeebc1922755af333b[/img]

I'm not sure what I believe. I do know this though... there is evidence the Egyptians had a grip on flight, or basic knowledge, and it seems to originate outside their culture. They seem to have observed flight, or object in the sky that made them speculate.

They also had batteries... not very efficient, but strong enough to create electric current to metal plate things. Like gold plating, or silver plating. Who knows what else they used electric current for, and it may be lost to us forever.

This doesn't make the Egyptians more advanced than us, but it means they were further along than we originally thought.
Josso
In general NO OF COURSE NOT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

But there are some weird social things you can notice going backwards, or technology getting screwed for a while (aka: dark ages)... Women got the vote in the 20s, yet ancient Greece had many women politicians
IceCreamTruck
Josso wrote:
In general NO OF COURSE NOT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

But there are some weird social things you can notice going backwards, or technology getting screwed for a while (aka: dark ages)... Women got the vote in the 20s, yet ancient Greece had many women politicians

Egyptians had gliders and Greeks had women politicians. I think this is the most evidence the author of this thread can expect because if there were ancient civilizations that were more advanced, then we'd likely find evidence of it. I think we can put the "Were there civilizations on earth before current civilization?" question in with the "Is there life in the galaxy beyond earth?" question which is firmly in the "we have no reproducible evidence" category.
Sw4k1ll4r
I heard the lost city of Atlantis was on Antarctica and still is there uner the ice...
IceCreamTruck
Sw4k1ll4r wrote:
I heard the lost city of Atlantis was on Antarctica and still is there uner the ice...

I believe this is speculation and will remain so without reference... we don't have the technology or the man power to search under all that ice, and we may never completely search it. As bikerman repeatedly points out, it is folly to believe something just because it's not proven. Just because you can't prove the earth isn't haunted by a dimension hopping spaghetti monster doesn't mean you have to believe in it, so just because we haven't looked under all that ice doesn't mean something is there.

Also, I think climate over the last million years really defeats your claim. I heard that the polar ice caps formed after the veil of water, which turned the earth into a jungle sauna during the time of the dinosaurs, dissipated. The veil of water produced more uniform temperatures around the globe as it really trapped in the heat from the sun, and made the night/day sky much less visible (ie. no stars at night and dim sun during the day). I'll have to look up when they were saying that was because that's really the only time humans could have lived on the south pole, as it's been really really really cold there ever since shortly before the ice caps formed. In short: it's unlikely human's set up shop on the poles of this planet as they are relatively uninhabitable and have been so for all of our lives, most of humanities existence, and long before humans walked the earth, so it's ok to NOT believe that as a possibility as even a little surface science gives facts that make that a really really far out claim.

here's some science to look up... that's salt water that's frozen on the poles. Salt lowers the freezing temperature of water, so I think it's much colder there than you realize, and has been that cold dating back to the beginning of humans presents on earth.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Stargate the TV show? They find proof of Atlantis near the south pole, but it's really only an outpost of the ancients. Atlantis itself is on a planet in the Pegasus galaxy which is one of our closest neighbors.
yagnyavalkya
Is it mythology or history you are talking about
malaysia
my ancient guru said, history will repeat itself.
He also said, the ancient world has more sophisticated technology than our world today.
Men is creation. Their just do invention. I think, the ancient has more than ours today.
IceCreamTruck
OK, so I feel compelled to cite more evidence here because of what I have been studying over the last couple of weeks, and a few shows that I have been watching.

I'm not citing the whole thing, a couple things here and there, but the show "Ancient Aliens" pointed out something that is very important and makes a huge distinction between modern society and ancient society. However they accomplished it, their stonework still surpasses anything we have today because of it's size. The pieces at stone hendge, some of the temples around the pyramids, Easter island, and many many many more mogolithic stone monuments are still outside our know how. A five ton rock is just about the largest thing that we are prepared to move using modern equipment, a feasible budget, and available equipment. Anything heavier than that and you have the HUGE expense of creating custom equipment to move it, and that would have to be tailored to the situation.

Point: We can move a 5 ton block relatively well, but we have no idea how they moved solid rocks that are 100 tons, 200 tons, or even 2 stones in excess of 1000 tons. This is technology we just don't have or have lost.

(search stone of the pregnant woman) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_of_the_Pregnant_Woman

A couple more pieces of evidence to cite are the interior of the granite tombs for the Pharaohs. I hate to cite a TV show again, Ancient Aliens, but it's readily available on netflicks, and it's easier than citing the professional they use to discuss the specifics, but they claim the interior is ground to an exact 2000th of an inch tolerance. Why is this important? We use diamonds today to get a 100th of an inch tolerance on granite, and they supposedly did not use diamonds in their stone work, or we, at least, do not give them this credit in the history books. Also important to note that given our current level of technology we cannot reproduce even 200th of an inch tolerance. We make granite shine, and they made it look like a mirror -- probably not really "like" a mirror, but you'd notice the difference between ours and theirs.

Watching that show has pushed me to do some reading in the Bhagavadgita, the Mahabharata, and the Bible. Many other technologies have been written about that we cannot understand fully because the descriptions of them are based on an old paradigm, and old education level, or simply a lack of understanding of the basic mechanics of what they were seeing.

Ezekiel, an EXTREMELY repetitive and "simple man" (stupid, and naive... do we really have to go there?), writes about a craft entering the atmosphere above him, a messenger coming to him, and giving him a "scroll" to eat that takes seven days to take effect, and then he can hear the voice of the messenger (which he calls lord). On a side note he's later told to shield his head with iron from an attack that he's staging on the ground for Jerusalem. Does this have to do with the technology that is in his head? Can we consider this ancient technology? Is it possessed by humans, or something else? What was this attack that produced a need for him to make sure to shield his head with iron?

The pyramids show more signs of having been some kind of power plant, then they show signs of being used as secret burial chambers. Modern history says they are to have been vault like, or "secret", burial chambers, but there is almost nothing vault like or tomb like, or secret, about them, and they were running large amounts of hydrochloric acid down the vent to the queens chamber for some kind of chemical reaction (check salt deposits on queens vent) and yet history almost deliberately ignores this important info.

Here is some reading on the idea above... I'm not sure about Christopher Dunn, or his work, but he apparently covers the Giza Powerplant idea in greater detail. http://www.gizapower.com/Articles/return.html

So... all of this leads to two very important questions: 1) Why did the Ancient Egyptians need to shoot microwaves into space? 2) Was this energy redirected to pinpoint, and variable, locations on earth for remote power by a satellite? We can do that now... did they do that then? They talk about powerful things in the sky in their history... where do we stop giving them credit?
deanhills
Another gem ..... great article ICT.

I had a brief look at the article by Chris Dunn and was bowled over by his finding that there could have been a power plant at Giza. That would probably account for the shifting of those large multi-ton structures you mentioned in your post.

It is right what he said however that civilizations can rise to such great heights and then fall completely out of obscurity. Not only that, I'm totally intrigued that a society as advanced as that had not left behind more evidence of all its accomplishments. Very Happy
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
I'm totally intrigued that a society as advanced as that had not left behind more evidence of all its accomplishments. Very Happy

Hmm, I'm less drawn to the advanced tech thoughts because ancient structures are all quite basically stone built, and however impressive they may look, it would only take X amount of slaves with log rollers, levers and A frames to construct them ...plus a certain amount of time of course.

Whenever I'm at Stonehenge, for example, I just see huge stones which were placed there 4500+ years ago through the blood, sweat, tears and basic-tech ingenuity of many many human beings.
_AVG_
As far as mythology is concerned, most of it is literature (and cannot be taken on face value); nearly everything is symbolic. And the reason for its existence is that stories wouldn't survive the test of time unless there is something fantastical about them. (this could also mean that myths and history were "spiced up" to make them seem more interesting)

Another note about history: history is always written by the victors.
loremar
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere about pyramids as a means of time travel. And that the idea of mummification comes from cryogenic preservation. The time travelers from the future might have hint them of these technologies but did not fully gave all information to avoid living any trace of their visit. And realizing the implications of what they have done, they went back to make sure the egyptian civilization collapse. Boy! the future guys really screwed up. Laughing
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Another gem ..... great article ICT.

I had a brief look at the article by Chris Dunn and was bowled over by his finding that there could have been a power plant at Giza. That would probably account for the shifting of those large multi-ton structures you mentioned in your post.

It is right what he said however that civilizations can rise to such great heights and then fall completely out of obscurity. Not only that, I'm totally intrigued that a society as advanced as that had not left behind more evidence of all its accomplishments. Very Happy

Thanks, Dean. I've been meaning to touch back with frihost, and specifically this topic because I have been doing a lot of searching on this subject, and rationalizing the impact of what all these different histories talk about. It sure doesn't seem Mhabharata text including princes hurling "shiny septers" (not an exact quote) at one another that explode to shine like the sun, is something that we should just take for granted. It even describes radiation sickness in those who witnessed the event but were not directly affected by the blast. This is written like history for us to know, so why do we just say they believed in a lot of magical powers back then, dismiss investigation of these ideas, and go back to bed mentally? People say there would be random radio active places in the world if ancients had nuclear weapons, but they are finding just that and mysteriously they are over old destroyed cities where a large population seemed to die instantly of some mysterious cause. I've just about completely convinced myself that most of our history has not made the history books, and until we come to grips with what is being said in written documents from each time period and put together a real picture we're only going to have part of the story, and it seems to be the boring part.

There are fairly recently discovered tunnels in Turkey which appear to date back to, Mitsupishu (sp?), that appear to be 18,000 plus years old. Apparently 30,000 people lived underground, and they can't figure out why.... my point is that they know two things: the last ice age ended about 18,000 years ago, and they know these ruins predate 12,000 years or so, but they haven't really made the connection to a large amount of people wanting to live underground because the surface of the earth was so cold, which makes perfect sense to me.

To further this hypothesis many groups of people claim to have risen up from the ground to the nations they are now. American Indians do not say they were people groups that crossed the ice to Alaska, as modern history books will tell you, but they believe they literally rose up from the earth or so their native history tells them. I'm inclined to give their native history some weight on the subject of where they came from.