FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

fluoxetine

iyepes
I recently received a flouxetine prescription, and I really want to know about other people' experiences about using it in the long term.

Does anyone of you have taken this medicine? How did your body reacted to it? Did you feel it improved your health?

Thanks
iyepes
I finally decided not to take it. Weigthing prons and cons I decided it's not what I need by now.

My doctor wouldn't agree, but in this case I take the option to decide by myself Smile
deanhills
iyepes wrote:
My doctor wouldn't agree, but in this case I take the option to decide by myself Smile
If you are taking it for depression, then hopefully you have found something else to treat your depression. Perhaps your doctor could recommend alternatives, or you could visit a naturopath who is also an expert in treating depression with alternative therapies such as nutrition, 5-HTP or other supplements that can increase serotonin levels. I know in Vancouver, Canada for example, one would find medical practitioners who are naturopaths at the same time, using both medicine and natural supplements to treat their patients depending on what is called for.
captainsuperdude
most people i know who are on those anti-depressants go on and off of em, you can tell by the comparative levels of vitriol/robotic numbness in their voices.

i'm a big fan of rhodiola rosea, as far as I understand it's all basically the same serotonin boost happening, through interactions that are different n so are the consequences, but rhodiola rosea's really pretty innocuous, same with 5htp, melatonin, all works on yer serotonin levels.

rhodiola rosea is a nice natural supplement you can stop whenever without screwing up the chemical balances in your body as much as prescription ssris do.
iyepes
I'm actually not taking anything, and my depression isn't coming back. It's also a process of healing, not only a chemical one.

Some natural medicines for depression come from Saint John's worth, which isn't exactly innocuos, and has many interactions with other medicines.

I would sound strange, but praying and improving my relationship with God is working. I don't say left your doctor nor your therapy, but it's working for me.