FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Peanut decreases cholesterol

rjraaz
Winter in the diet to include almonds and peanuts to remain in good health. It reduces blood cholesterol levels. 67 grams a day average total cholesterol level by eating nuts ie almonds and peanuts in the 51 percent decrease. Also low-density lipoprotein cholesterol ie bad cholesterol level is at 7.4 percent.

According to one study, people who have higher blood levels of Troiglisserhaiad, they eat the nuts, their blood lipid level of 10.2 per cent is the level of the Troiglisserhaiad. Benefits of eating nuts too much. This reduces the risk of Type II diabetes. Despite being high in fat is not necessarily increased weight by eating nuts.
gs-resume
Yes very much so. Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E, containing 24 mg per 100 g. They are also rich in monounsaturated fat, one of the two "good" fats responsible for lowering LDL cholesterol.

Claimed health benefits of almonds include improved complexion, improved movement of food through the colon (feces) and the prevention of cancer. Recent research associates the inclusion of almonds in the diet with elevating the blood levels of high density lipoproteins and of lowering the levels of low density lipoproteins.

A controlled trial showed that, in spite of the high fat content of almonds, using them in the daily diet reduced a number of risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol and blood lipids.

In a study printed in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, experts discovered that almonds contain phenolics and flavonoids (a combination of flavonols, flavan-3-ols, hydroxybenzoic acids and flavanones) in their skins analogous to those of certain fruits and vegetables. For instance, a one-ounce helping of almonds holds a similar quantity of total polyphenol as cup of cooked broccoli.
gs-resume
Forgot to mention that peanuts are rich in nutrients, providing over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients. Peanuts are a good source of niacin, folate, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E, manganese and phosphorus. They also are naturally free of trans-fats and sodium, and contain about 25% protein (a higher proportion than in any true nut).

Recent research on peanuts and nuts in general has found antioxidants and other chemicals that may provide health benefits. New research shows peanuts rival the antioxidant content of many fruits. Roasted peanuts rival the antioxidant content of blackberries and strawberries, and are far richer in antioxidants than carrots or beets. Research conducted by a team of University of Florida scientists, published in the journal Food Chemistry, shows that peanuts contain high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols, primarily a compound called p-coumaric acid, and that roasting can increase peanuts' p-coumaric acid levels, boosting their overall antioxidant content by as much as 22%.

Peanuts are a significant source of resveratrol, a chemical studied for potential anti-aging effects and also associated with reduced cardiovascular disease and reduced cancer risk. It was recently found that the average amount of resveratrol in one ounce of commonly eaten peanuts (15 whole peanut kernels) is 73 μg.
IceCreamTruck
Don't up your salt intake by eating salted peanuts. Switch to unsalted and learn to enjoy the sweet natural flavor of peanuts instead.

I think I would be dead without nuts. They are a great snack! I didn't know I was lowering my cholesterol, but don't worry I won't stop eating them just because they are supposedly good for you! Smile
mshafiq
Cashew nuts are an excellent source of protein and fiber. Cashew nuts are also a good source of potassium, B vitamins and folate.

They contain heart protective monounsaturated fats
They also have copper which plays role in antioxidant defenses and energy production
magnesium that regulate nerve and muscle tone

also help recovering colon cancer and heart diseases.

i love cashew nut as they are good in taste and full of health benefit