FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Report Acknowledgment feature

rjraaz
there should be a feature of report acknowledgment, that will tell us is our report is attained by any staff member or not.
deanhills
If that is practically doable, without it taking too much time, it probably would be a good feature to have, as it would encourage those who are going to the trouble of reporting spam for example to be even more helpful than what they have been before. One does not always know whether the report one has made has been successfully received. It is not a big deal, but if one should know one did the right thing, it would encourage people to be even more helpful to the staff than they have been.
saratdear
Yes, but note that it says "...While the report will be looked into as soon as possible, no report of the same will be given to you.." more or less. Remember that the reports you make are not marked in your accounts (at least not visible to us; are who made the reports visible, moderators?). So making such a change would probably require a bit of coding.
Bikerman
Yes the person making the report is stored and displayed to moderators when they select reports.
saratdear
Bikerman wrote:
Yes the person making the report is stored and displayed to moderators when they select reports.

And I suppose after looking into it, you just mark it 'done'?

I can't guess the amount of coding required, but I guess it wouldn't be too much to include a field in our account which says "Reports you made" which reflects changes from the moderators side.
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
I can't guess the amount of coding required, but I guess it wouldn't be too much to include a field in our account which says "Reports you made" which reflects changes from the moderators side.
If it can be coded easily, that would be great. I can't help but think however that Bondings must have thought about this before, and maybe the Mods are receiving too many Reports. However if I am wrong, and it can be easily coded, it would be great to get some automated feedback.
rjraaz
i have followed following link.

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=34389

this may help administrators to implement this feature.