FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hunger Games Trilogy

missdixy
Has anyone else read this trilogy? I recently heard of it from a friend and picked up the first book -- and I LOVED it. It was difficult for me to put the book down, and as soon as I finished it I went on Amazon Kindle store and bought the second one!!

The books are:
1. The Hunger Games
2. Catching Fire
3. Mockingjay

The author is Suzanne Collins.

If you guys haven't read or heard of this trilogy, I STRONGLY recommended it. And, if you have read it, what did you think??
chartcentral
I've completed reading the trilogy recently. For me, The Hunger Games would have to be the best among the three books. It was the only book wherein Katniss Everdeen made an impacting decision herself, while in the second and third books, certain things were decided for her and just became a given. But I'd still say it was a very interesting series. I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay non-stop. (I could probably explain my statement more, but that would mean giving away some spoilers to those who haven't read it yet, which I do not want to do.) Smile
missdixy
chartcentral wrote:
I've completed reading the trilogy recently. For me, The Hunger Games would have to be the best among the three books. It was the only book wherein Katniss Everdeen made an impacting decision herself, while in the second and third books, certain things were decided for her and just became a given. But I'd still say it was a very interesting series. I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay non-stop. (I could probably explain my statement more, but that would mean giving away some spoilers to those who haven't read it yet, which I do not want to do.) Smile

Yea, I agree. The first book was also my favorite one, but since I got so involved in the story I had to read all the other books ASAP, hehe.
Nameless
I bought and read the trilogy together a few months back. It was ... okay, I guess. The writing, characters and all were fine, but I came out of the books feeling pretty disappointed. There were a few obvious conflicts that were foreshadowed and I was looking forward to, but then you'd get to the end of the book and they never happened. Catching Fire was the worst for this.

Wouldn't recommend, but wouldn't physically knock out of your hand if I saw you reading it either.
TurtleShell
I just finished these also. Actually, my favorite was the last. The writing was so-so, the characters ok, but the story compelling. I got a little bit tired of the love story plot--this was like Twilight meets 1984--but I thought the end of Mockingjay was just fabulous. I was very pleased with the ending. Since I'm so often disappointed by books when they end, this was refreshing.
anushashanker
Yess!! They're really good. Not the best, but really good. They're pretty overwhelming at times. Very Happy
emanuel2
wasn't there a halflife mod called so? Was the story after the book?
missdixy
emanuel2 wrote:
wasn't there a halflife mod called so? Was the story after the book?

I am not sure if there was but I'm thinking probably not...
Laro696
I think I'll rather watch the movie. Don't have much time for reading these days
Radar
I've been encouraged to read it by friends, but given the rough description I've heard, I'm not sure I see the standout appeal.
GioMellark
Yep! I've read the trilogy and loved ALL THE BOOKS! I'm proud to have my birthday 1 day after Suzanne's! :3'

All the books are perfect, trust me!
TheRPGLPer
I've read the entire thing, more than once. It's by far one of the best book series ever wrote! Movie was good too. I hope to see the day of more movies and books by her.

The author is a really good writer, so if you have not picked up one of these books and read them, I suggest you do.
c'tair
I tried reading the first book. After 25 pages I called quits. It's not that the book is bad but it reads like Harry Potter.
I don't wanna sound elitist or anything, but the writing style is very mediocre, almost high school level, the plot seems a bit too easy plus, even though I'm a huge fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, the world in the books seems completely unappealing to me and a bit artificial.
drunkenkoz
I've read only one of the hunger games books, I should really go out and buy the others.
milkshake01
I've only read a very small part of it. I forgotten most of what I have read, but I think it is worth buying.
hw3patch
In the span of about a week or less, I read all three books of the trilogy. I enjoyed all three books and had a hard time putting them down. The reading level was immensely easier than the books I typically read; there were only one or two words I didn't know in all three books compared to scores of words I don't know in the typical book that I read.
taytay
I haven't read them yet. I'm not much of a reader =\ I love the stories! My personality just can't handle sitting for so long looking at pages, which is my excuse to play video games Razz I've played a lot of Role play games. I've never played call of duty online, but I've played every single campaign Razz I'm getting into a habit of buying them, beating them, and reselling them to try another game. Works for me anyway. Every so often I find a book that is able to keep me interested enough to read through it. Mostly simple reading though.

I love the Hungry Games movie though! My mom is re-reading the books right now so I haven't had a chance to go at it. I can't wait for them to make the other movies, so I'm going to go ahead and read them.

FTW!!
ratanegra
I downloaded the trilogy about a week ago and I've read the first and a bit of the second (84%, actually). I didn't enjoy the first book as much as I'd have liked to since I had already watched the movie. Now, Catching Fire has been an excellent novel up to now. My head hurts, so I figured I'd do a pause and come here and make some posts on Frihost.
shashwatblack
i read the first part.. and it was good.. not the best, or even close, but good.
the last part (after they return from the arena) was really boring.. it took me so much effort just to complete it.. didn't bother reading the other two parts..
even my friends who did read all three books, didn't seem to appreciate or enjoy it much..
i think it's just that people are trying so desperately to find something like harry potter, to read, talk about, write blogs, and more... didn't like twilight much either(but read all 4 books + midnight sun)..
hunger games was even worse..