FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Noticing lingo...

spinout
Have you had any noticement about bad written language lately? The threads subject maybe??

The other day there was this sign put up at the entrance of the factory I am at (in Swedish translated), we have alot of snow on the ground... :
Please, scratsch of your foot before entering.
It should be more like; please clean your boots before entering.
I started to wonder how much of my legs that will be left after scratching the foot off....

Hehe, have you read the sticky called: have you read the forum description?
It was a clear question so I clicked it to answer no... darn it was locked!!! Laughing
captainsuperdude
It really takes a few generations to make somebody fully literate, like your grandparents have to read books, your parents have to read books, and you have to read books before you can really speak confidently -- in any language, not just a more or less easy one like english.

I mean if you have a good teacher then that's different, but, I think that we should just tolerate the this lingo problem until people learn better, honestly, the fact that everyone can read and write to begin with is a big accomplish in the grand scheme.
deanhills
captainsuperdude wrote:
I mean if you have a good teacher then that's different, but, I think that we should just tolerate the this lingo problem until people learn better, honestly, the fact that everyone can read and write to begin with is a big accomplish in the grand scheme.
Totally agreed. I'd add however a noticeable effort that the person is trying to use the lingo with his/her best efforts. As sometimes one can notice when the effort is lazy and sloppy instead. Smile