FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to solve that error .. mysql_num_rows() ....

HTET-HTET
Hi ...
I have some confusing error logs like:

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/g9kstl6o/public_html/MYANMARTRAVELOPERATOR.COM/index.php on line 245

please solve for me ...

Thanks & Regards
Htet Htet Win
Peterssidan
It sounds like the arguments you pass to mysql_num_rows is not valid. The argument should be the result from calling mysql_query.
HTET-HTET
Thanks Peterssidan ...
may i show you my some of code ... that is already ok on my local (only pc). but when i upload that code to our hosting .. above that error happening . no one can't select any data .. please check for me .. Thanks again ...

// That is index.php
Code:
<?
   include "config.php";
   $sqlcon=new db_sql();
   $sqlcon-> connect();

?>
   <ul id="countrytabs" class="shadetabs"  style=" padding-left:10px; padding-top:2px;" >

<li><a href="#" rel="country1" class="selected" style="line-height:17px;background-color:#e1ebf7;">A-F</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country2" style="line-height:17px;background-color:#e1ebf7;">G-L</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country3" style="line-height:17px;background-color:#e1ebf7;">M-R</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country4" style="line-height:17px;background-color:#e1ebf7;">S-X</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country5" style="line-height:17px;background-color:#e1ebf7;">Y-Z</a></li>

</ul>

<div style=" width:300px; margin-bottom: 1em; padding: 10px;" >

<div id="country1" class="tabcontent">
 <?        $sql2="SELECT * FROM nation WHERE nation REGEXP '^a' or  nation REGEXP '^b' or  nation REGEXP '^c' or  nation REGEXP '^d'  or  nation REGEXP '^e' or  nation REGEXP '^f'";               
            $result2 = mysql_query($sql2);               
             $row = mysql_num_rows($result2);

for($i=1;$i<=$row;$i++)
             {
                   $rec = mysql_fetch_array($result2);
                  $nation = $rec["nation"];
   //echo ' <input type="hidden" name="mystate" value="submit" id="mystate">'; onclick=mystate.value=\''.$nation.'\';topform.target=";topform.submit();"
                  if(isset($_REQUEST["id2"]) && $_REQUEST["id2"]!="")
                  {
                   echo '<div style="width: 25%; float: left; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px;  padding-right:5px; "><a href="?id='.$nation.'&id2='.$_REQUEST["id2"].'&type='.$_REQUEST["type"].'" onclick="javascript:submit1();" class="subtext">'.$nation.'</a>                  
                  </div>';
                  }
                  else
                  {
                     echo '<div style="width: 25%; float: left; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px;  padding-right:5px; "><a href="?id='.$nation.'&type='.$_REQUEST["type"].'" onclick="javascript:submit1();" class="subtext">'.$nation.'</a>                  
                  </div>';
                  }

} ?>

</div>

That is config.php
Code:
 <?
 class db_sql
 {
 function connect()
    {
      $mysql=mysql_connect("localhost","REMOVED","REMOVED");
      if(!$mysql)
      {
         echo "Cannot Connect Server". mysql_error();
      }
      else
      {
         $db=mysql_select_db("cs");
         if($db) return true;
         else return false;
      }
   }
 }
?>

MOD Edit wrote:
mathiaus: Removed MySQL username & Password
kacsababa
You know you just provided the mysql username and password Question Exclamation

Regard the problem most likely your $result2 is a false boolean, because there is an error durring the query, you should put a condition in, for example terminate it on error:
Code:
$result2 = mysql_query($sql2) or die(mysql_error());
mathiaus
Please be careful when posting code containing configuration settings.
HTET-HTET
mathiaus wrote:
Please be careful when posting code containing configuration settings.

Thanks of your advice ...
HTET-HTET
Thanks for all of help..
i have new one error message again ..

[<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied

please how to fix it ... help me ...

Regards...
HTET HTET WIN
Fire Boar
Your username and password are wrong. Check that the username/password combo exists and has the appropriate permissions on the database.

Also, your query is a bit unnecessarily long. If you're going to use REGEXP you might as well take advantage of regular expressions:

Code:
SELECT * FROM nation WHERE nation REGEXP '^[a-f]'
HTET-HTET
Fire Boar wrote:
Your username and password are wrong. Check that the username/password combo exists and has the appropriate permissions on the database.

Also, your query is a bit unnecessarily long. If you're going to use REGEXP you might as well take advantage of regular expressions:

Code:
SELECT * FROM nation WHERE nation REGEXP '^[a-f]'

Thanks of your explain and pointing .... Thanks you so much ... now .. all error are fix ...

Regards
Htet Htet Win