FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More space and about DirectAdmin

engeland
I'm not sure if a thread has been posted on this. I seriously, do not know where to look. So if this thread is redundant, im very sorry.

Frihost offers members 250MB of space. Are we allowed to ask for more if we have used up all the space?

Also, what's the difference betwen cpanel and Direct Admin? I've never heard of Direct Admin before
Bondings
Cpanel has more features than DirectAdmin. DirectAdmin is much faster and easier to use. At the moment there is also no automatic script installer on DirectAdmin.

At the moment, there is no option to ask for more space.
Sunny
You can check out the demo of DirectAdmin here

http://www.directadmin.com:2222/
User :demo_user password: demo, Hopefully that will give you some idea how it looks like.
Daniel15
Sunny wrote:
You can check out the demo of DirectAdmin here

http://www.directadmin.com:2222/
User :demo_user password: demo, Hopefully that will give you some idea how it looks like.

It looks so much better than cPanel! It actually tells you how much bandwidth you have, instead of just telling you the percentage used (cPanel --> Web/FTP Stats --> Bandwidth)

Just wondering, any chance of converting a cPanel account into a DirectAdmin account (mainly because I like the look of it Very Happy ). Note that I don't really want to change, I'm just asking.
Bondings
daniel15, please be patient for a few weeks. There are a lot of new requests at the moment. I will also promote it a bit on some forums, which should even increase the number of requests. I'm also quite busy lately. But after all this, I'll probably do it if you still want to.
engeland
o that's good.
Thanx for the information Bondings Very Happy

Any chance of allowing requests for more space? in future. (im not pushing, im just asking) Smile