FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Survivor

chartcentral
Let's make this thread as a general discussion thread for Survivor (the US television series) with Jeff Probst as host. You may post what you have in mind, past seasons and current, and anything that has something to do with the show.

It is now on its 22nd edition. Castaways who get voted off can still come back into the game if they survive on Redemption Island. It's an interesting twist and we'll see how much of a factor it plays in the coming episodes. It had a good premiere with one of the best tribal councils they've had for a while.

I'll definitely keep watching!
gandalfthegrey
The redemption island idea was really good. Having Boston Rob and Russell back on, also great ideas. I would have loved to see Johnny Rotten and Richard Hatch as well, have a four-way battle royale with the four greatest villians of all-time survivor fame.
deanhills
Quite a large number people around me have enjoyed the show, but it has not really done anything for me. I only watch those when I have to. From a survivor point of view, I much prefer action movies like "The Edge":
Quote:
In The Edge, four men take a quick flight over the Alaskan wilderness in search of an Indian man for their photoshoot. The movie teased me in the beginning with a cabin full of several other people. I thought -oh yay- a large expedition into the woods, but no, they all stay back at the cabin safe and sound. After smashing through a flock of birds, the four men's plane crashes. They are stranded out in the middle of the wilderness and being hunted.

Source: Survivor Movies

The Rambo series were also great ones from a survivor movie type point of view.
dearjohn
The rules of Survivor are simple: average Americans are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they participate in challenges given by host Jeff Probst, and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own.
officearshdeep
This was a wonderfully helpful site! I am just starting out with my favourite tv show, and I decided to learn about readership early on so I can promote it as it begins growing.
chartcentral
Survivor: Redemption Island was a great season for me! I definitely enjoyed it and the results were good too. South Pacific is next! Smile
tomisme
Rob Mariano is one of my most favorite Survivors of all time.
Jeff Probst called Survivor: All-Stars "Rob's Season".
cenatime
its a nice movie to watch.but i expected much from this movie.it did not impress me so much.but that's not mean that i hate this movie.its a nice movie for me.i would gave it 7/10 marks..
chartcentral
Survivor: South Pacific (season 23) premieres on September 14! Hoping for another good and exciting season. Also, Redemption Island, which was introduced last season, returns. So we'll see how it will play out. Smile