FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the new server?....(",)

budazz
ei i read the new topic about the new server of frihost...

and it also said that the new server has a name myname.frih.net which is much shorter...

well i wonder if those has a existing account can switch with the new subdomain name..?... Question
engeland
O really? Where did you read that thread? I hope they'd change existing accounts to new domain name Very Happy
budazz
engeland wrote:
O really? Where did you read that thread? I hope they'd change existing accounts to new domain name Very Happy

this new server dont use cpanel i think..

and will only be applied for those who doesnt have account here yet... Wink
babumuchhala
engeland wrote:
Well dear u could have made a little bit of effort and gone to the announcements forums to check it out. Always ceck a new post there. It might be Important, u know. But here's the link: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12193

@Budazz i think bondings might do it. But to do that he will most prolly close down ur current account first and then creat a new one on the new server. Plus u will have to start all over again, i mean upload all files, that were the back again. So why take all the unessary trouble. Also i thnk remembering frihost.net is more easier than frih.net

But maybe let bondings reply & give the official word rether me or anybody else just speculating on this topic Wink
budazz
Quote:
@Budazz i think bondings might do it. But to do that he will most prolly close down ur current account first and then creat a new one on the new server. Plus u will have to start all over again, i mean upload all files, that were the back again. So why take all the unessary trouble. Also i thnk remembering frihost.net is more easier than frih.net

But maybe let bondings reply & give the official word rether me or anybody else just speculating on this topic

hmmm mybe your right... im not planning to change everything ...

my question is if it is possible to change the subdomain name... Laughing
babumuchhala
budazz wrote:
I dont think so, bcos the ips configured to the srevers and the domain to it.

Plu changing the domain would require change of servers and rest is back to my previous post
n0obie4life
Dear dear..

The new server doesn't use cpanel. It uses a nicer directadmin which is simple. And not so complicated.

It has a new IP address.

Transferring it might be possible, with data loss Very Happy.
budazz
babumuchhala wrote:
budazz wrote:
I dont think so, bcos the ips configured to the srevers and the domain to it.

Plu changing the domain would require change of servers and rest is back to my previous post

ok that all i get my answer..but i want bondings answer this also Smile
Bondings
It's not possible (at least that I know of) to transfer an account from cpanel to directadmin. You would also lose your subdomain.

And I won't do it at the moment, because otherwise everyone will ask for it and I have absolutely no time to do it. Maybe in a few weeks when things start to calm down a bit for me.

And having a frih.net domain on server 1 would require way too much setup for me and also, if server 2 would be down, your account wouldn't be working anymore. So that's twice the change for your website to be down.
budazz
Bondings wrote:
It's not possible (at least that I know of) to transfer an account from cpanel to directadmin. You would also lose your subdomain.

And I won't do it at the moment, because otherwise everyone will ask for it and I have absolutely no time to do it. Maybe in a few weeks when things start to calm down a bit for me.

And having a frih.net domain on server 1 would require way too much setup for me and also, if server 2 would be down, your account wouldn't be working anymore. So that's twice the change for your website to be down.

haha thanks for that i not planning to change it...im just want to clear my mind about that...thnks... Wink