FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Being good or Bad?

icool
For the last few months I have started evalutaing myself. I see that being good has brought so many people close to me. But I do see that people who just do what they want to do are living out life with much more fun. so being good or bad? is such a confusing question
SonLight
You may not have to be "good" all the time to attract friends (it depends on the definition), but you should at least be "housebroken" -- which means you treat others with respect.

I don't understand why you think those who respect others have more fun. If dissing others, fighting, and not keeping promises is someone's idea of "fun" then I'd say they should question their categories.

Perhaps you have been more responsible recently, and haven't felt free to goof off or relax as a result. A little thought should show that you can do wild things, perhaps even something that merits the title "bad", while still treating your friends well.
Insanity
I'm not sure I quite understand your question. Are you equating having fun and hanging out with others as "bad"? If so, then I think you need to reevaluate your priorities and how you classify things. There are lots of things you can do that are "good" while at the same time are tons of fun for you. Don't limit yourself.
emanuel2
I have the same opinion as SonLight and Insanity. It strongly depend on your definition of "fun". Some people tick other then other people...
Greatking
The question is not about being good or bad, rather try to be yourself.

If you are yourself and you do good things to people then you know that people like you for who you are and not just because you are trying to impress them.

Just be yourself and you will realize how fun it can be.
deanhills
Greatking wrote:
The question is not about being good or bad, rather try to be yourself.

If you are yourself and you do good things to people then you know that people like you for who you are and not just because you are trying to impress them.

Just be yourself and you will realize how fun it can be.
I was just about to post the exact same thing. I think one can only have real fun if one is oneself completely. Otherwise all of it is phony. And I agree, if one tries to be good, which sometimes means sucking up to people, then people may exploit that and perhaps not really respect the behaviour. It is hard. Because deep down all of us want people to like us. But since we are all different, there is a good chance that people may not really like us, even if we are trying to be good to them. They may even resent it. I think the most important person we should be good to is ourselves. As when we are good to ourselves, then we will attract similar people who are attracted to our integrity to ourselves first. It would also be easier to accept those who may not like us, as whether they like or dislike us may become less important in the scope of things.
skilz4never
icool wrote:
For the last few months I have started evalutaing myself. I see that being good has brought so many people close to me. But I do see that people who just do what they want to do are living out life with much more fun. so being good or bad? is such a confusing question
Look, i dont know what am i, i have no say lol
icool
the ones who break laws just for the sake of fun and cheat people, cheat girls, polygamy,drugs,drinking alcohol.. smoking.. Though i have never been amused by these.. I just cant figure out why people are so much into it.. They get addicted.. and people who are drunk lose their minds and do wrong things //...
ayour
yeah it's confusing for me too some times if you are good this means that you are a target of problem , and bad means that you face problems.
it's really confusing Smile
mshafiq
This is not confusing for you only. Honestly speaking this is not only big question but a big issue in the life as well. According to my experience this question always comes into good people’s mind and these people can never be bad even if they try. This is because of their learned behaviour? Gene? Or something else.
These people are always beneficial to society. These people may suffer from lesser promotions and progress. This is because they do care for others and do not do/adapt whatever it takes kind of attitude.
So in general there is always a price for being good as I mentioned but there is always a good result of being good. That good result is having sincere friends, having good relationships with spouse, children, observing good company of your children too. The people near you will rely on you and this is a gift from God.
If you are asking for an opinion I will say, be GOOD although you may feel your colleagues and co-workers and fellow have gotten promotions because they know how to use their tongues.
zbale
I believe it's a question of balance and perception, "good" and "living the good life" don't have to be contradictory:

1) Sometimes we think enjoying life is "bad" (one puritan liked the first cigar he smoked so much that he never smoked again, poor guy Smile), but it needn't be so. We have to see what we get out of what we enjoyi and if it can be a problem for others around. If it isn't a problem, then it can be good.

2) There may be a limit to the "good" we're able to do without taking the time to "live the life"

3) I wouldn't advocate acting "badly". It's true that bad people seem to enjoy life more than we do sometimes, but I'm not sure they really do. From the fact that you know you're trying to be a good man or woman you can derive much more enjoyment I hope.

Maybe you (and others) would like to share specific examples so people here can react more to the point? Thanks.

And good luck!