FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to sell?

pll
Is there anybody here that are rewarded for what they sold from a companie ?
Is there any sales representatives in the forum?

If yes, do you have any ''ways'' to sell more stuff while speaking to a customer ?

I wanna know how you do it, and I want to talk about it.

I'm personnally in the sales department of a company and my sales are pretty good so I get a good pay but it could always be higher, so HOW DO YOU DO ? Very Happy

Cool
Cliffer
what product you sell?
deanhills
pll wrote:
I'm personnally in the sales department of a company and my sales are pretty good so I get a good pay but it could always be higher, so HOW DO YOU DO ? Very Happy Cool
Networking helps a lot. For example if you have friends who are also in the sales business, and who are not in competition with you, you would help them sell their products while they sell yours. They could be for example in a sales field that is close to yours. You may be selling the TV and they may be selling TV Technical Support and Maintenance Services or have a DVD business, etc. So you get them to tell people about contacting you for TVs and you would recommend the people you are selling the TVs to of this great guy who is a whizz at fixing TVs or putting the TV and Videorecorder together, or installing TVs or has one of the greatest DVD selections ever. Very Happy
pll
yeah that's a good idea!
With the job you do you always get a lot of people to talk too so you can easily get contacts.

I'm in the electronic (cell phones) market !
menino
One of the main attributes to making higher sales, is confidence.
This mainly comes with product knowledge - customer requirements mapping with the products, and of course experience.
Good luck, but don't be too greedy for the money. (just my 2 cents advise).
pll
Yeah I agree with you, you really need to know the product, if you sell something that you don't know how to handle the questions of a customer, the customer won't trust you.

And I'm not greedy with the money, I always make sure that the customer WANTS the stuff I sell.
Some representatives push the products so far in the mouth of the customer that the customer will buy it only to have somekind of peace (I don't know if you understand what I mean).

Because after all selling is giving the customer buy taste and not throwing the product in his face saying he really needs it when in reality he doesn't need this...
nigam
yes....you need to know your product that you are selling.....also, you need to use the product as well so you can test it and you can prove and testify to everyone how good is the product that you are selling....
baboosaa
seems like you are enjoying your job which is the most important characteristics of a sells person. But do you really look closely to each transaction or not? This gives you the clear picture about what your main strategy is focusing on and it also increases your confidence day by day. But how cool it is to think about each crazy transaction?
That may be a choice but when you do focus in making your customers think the way you think it will change the data sequence.
pll
Yeah, I'll try that for sure !!
Cool
I'll look closer too!
friho
does your sells means online sell?
pll
Online & in person.

Personnally I like the face-to-face sales because of the relation you get with other people.
But online I could earn a little bit more money.
surajkhkhr
hi,
My self Pradeep.
I want to sell my old Dell laptop. I purchase it from Delhi. I purchase it two year ago.which one is interested to purchase old laptop. please contact me through mail.

its ok.
ridemeup
the way is depend on the products or services you are into sell or marketing. suppose if its any digital and downloadable products you may increase your sells through affiliate marketing.
liljp617
If you think face-to-face selling is more beneficial, start looking into video marketing (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.). You can sell online but still create that personal relationship much easier than if you just write a bunch of text. People can attach a face to the product, making them at least a little more comfortable about buying online.
Blaster
Listen to the customer they are always right. First piece of advice... Don't force anything on anyone this will just piss them off. Always try and be in a good mood and try to under stand your customers.
pll
Yeah it's true, if you know your products people will trust you.
RichardM55
That's definitely true that you must know your product very well to sell it successfully.

I have not been sales person though I tried to be and I had my company in the past but I closed it. I am more technical person but after I was made redundant a month ago I am going to try on my own again. At the moment I create some websites. I have done one about restoring the photos and colouring B&W ones.
I also think of doing something with major profession electronics but I I am looking for a good idea which is not easy to find. I am not sure what is better to do, just sell existing products on market or try to create something mine, or combine those two methods?
mikeperhem1
It depends upon the way, what you sell and how to sell. Which way you pick for selling the things.
zimmer
nigam wrote:
yes....you need to know your product that you are selling.....also, you need to use the product as well so you can test it and you can prove and testify to everyone how good is the product that you are selling....

That would be good suggestion.

Marketing need a skills.
Skills should be practice and should be develop if you focus and love what you are doing. Wink
Idea