FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If Bin Laden were caught, will he end up at Gitmo?

deanhills
Apparently there was a debate in the Senate about where Ossama Bin Laden would be imprisoned, if he were to be caught. It would seem that Gitmo is favoured, as it is considered to be much better constructed and developed prison for terrorists than any other jails in the United States. However, at the same time Obama has been indicted to appear at a Court in New York in the current terrorist trial there. Wonder how they would be able to successfully keep him anywhere on the mainland without creating a target area for other terrorists. I also wonder whether this may be one of the reasons that he has not been captured yet?
Quote:
For years, President Barack Obama's administration has maintained that criminal courts were more than equipped to handle even the most serious terror cases, but when faced with that question Wednesday during a Senate hearing, CIA Director Leon Panetta said the administration probably would just send bin Laden to the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

That suggests that, at least under current U.S. law, bin Laden would never be transferred to U.S. soil to be tried in the civilian court system. Congress last year ordered that no federal money could be spent to ship prisoners from Guantanamo Bay to the U.S. mainland.

Source: Associated Press
emanuel2
I think Ossama Bin Laden is not alive. There are several facts which indicates that. For example is kidney problem at his age...
deanhills
emanuel2 wrote:
For example is kidney problem at his age...
I'd love to know where this info comes from. For someone that not even the CIA can find, they seem to know an awful lot about the finer details of Ossama Bin Laden! Very Happy
emanuel2
There are rumors that even the American government has paid and guarded some of his kidney operations in various hospital. However that fact with the kidney is neither a rumor or a secret. The doctors who made the procedure are know.

For example Health & Medical History of Osama bin Laden + sources:
http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/a_binladen.htm

On the wikipedia homepage there are also sources of these rumors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden
sudipbanerjee
Is Bin Laden is still alive?
emanuel2
sudipbanerjee wrote:

no one knows, I guess Smile
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I wonder whether he ever really existed. I sometimes wonder whether they took someone real from Saudi Arabia, and at the time when Ossama Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia for real, the intelligence services in the US built an enormous terrorist story around him, being responsible for 9/11 etc. The international media has built him into something that maybe he has never been.
liljp617
Or maybe he is (was) in fact who he is (was) portrayed to be.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Or maybe he is (was) in fact who he is (was) portrayed to be.
And what is that exactly? As there are conflicting reports about that too. For example, is he still alive? And where is he hiding out? If videos of his can be shown with such certain authority of the truth, then they probably have to know where he is as well?
Navigator
His death was even mentioned by Benazir Bhutto in an interview before she died. He probably died from renal problems way back in 2003.
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
His death was even mentioned by Benazir Bhutto in an interview before she died. He probably died from renal problems way back in 2003.
I would not be surprised at all if that were the truth. But it is probably handy for some people to keep him alive! Twisted Evil
menino
I think rather than think about where Bin Laden would be put... its worth noting that he hasn't been caught as yet, since 8 years running now, and they still don't really know where he is hiding.
Besides capturing him only, they have to capture all of his gang members, or they could prove to rise up more powerful, and more dangerous for that matter.

I doubt he is dead... unless he was testing a suicide bomb. Laughing

Even if he is dead, they will have to close down his operations which are running worldwide, as low profile.
deanhills
menino wrote:
Even if he is dead, they will have to close down his operations which are running worldwide, as low profile.
True! That was what was going through my mind when I was reading news about Kadhafi of Libya last night. Kadhafi was accusing Al-Qaeda as being responsible for those agitating against him! He was speaking nonsense of course, but my mind then went back to this thread, and it occurred to me that there need not be a Bin Laden for the organization to be a very viable terrorist organization.
Source: Yahoo!News
Navigator
Also Berlusconi once used the Al Qaeda card, can't remember when though. So everyone is blaming Al Qaeda these days and Al Qaeda remains a shadowy organization once supported by the CIA, maybe still is? or even more probable, it never existed and is just another way to keep on going the war machine?
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
Also Berlusconi once used the Al Qaeda card, can't remember when though. So everyone is blaming Al Qaeda these days and Al Qaeda remains a shadowy organization once supported by the CIA, maybe still is? or even more probable, it never existed and is just another way to keep on going the war machine?
Thanks! Well said and fully agreed.
I thought this article made a good point:
Quote:
For over eight years they have shoved the Osama Bin Laden did 9-11 lie down our throats, even though the FBI stated many years ago that they have no evidence that he was involved, and indeed if you go to the FBIs Most Wanted Terrorists section of their Web site you can read for yourself that Usama (as the FBI call him) Bin Laden is not wanted for 9-11 crimes.

The news media have ignored this fact, neither raising it for discussion nor criticizing the FBI. In fact the media have never called for so much as resignations from the FBI or CIA either for failing to stop 9-11 or for failing to arrest and convict those responsible.

And where is Osama Bin Laden, or his faithful sidekick, the Egyptian doctor Ayman Al-Zawahiri? I mean we have been indoctrinated to believe that Ayman Al-Zawahiri was also a planner and conspirator of 9-11 as well, yet the FBI has stated that he is not wanted in connection with that crime. They have no evidence. But we are told again and again that both of these international video stars are being searched for everyday.
Navigator
deanhills wrote:
Navigator wrote:
Thanks! Well said and fully agreed.
I thought this article made a good point:
Quote:
For over eight years they have shoved the Osama Bin Laden did 9-11 lie down our throats, even though the FBI stated many years ago that they have no evidence that he was involved, and indeed if you go to the FBIs Most Wanted Terrorists section of their Web site you can read for yourself that Usama (as the FBI call him) Bin Laden is not wanted for 9-11 crimes.

The news media have ignored this fact, neither raising it for discussion nor criticizing the FBI. In fact the media have never called for so much as resignations from the FBI or CIA either for failing to stop 9-11 or for failing to arrest and convict those responsible.

And where is Osama Bin Laden, or his faithful sidekick, the Egyptian doctor Ayman Al-Zawahiri? I mean we have been indoctrinated to believe that Ayman Al-Zawahiri was also a planner and conspirator of 9-11 as well, yet the FBI has stated that he is not wanted in connection with that crime. They have no evidence. But we are told again and again that both of these international video stars are being searched for everyday.

Thats yet another point that puts the official 9/11 story on shaky grounds. And then there is the issue of those suspicious Osama videos, is that really the guy? I mean, in some of them it looks like a totally different person.
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
Thats yet another point that puts the official 9/11 story on shaky grounds. And then there is the issue of those suspicious Osama videos, is that really the guy? I mean, in some of them it looks like a totally different person.
The video below contains some thought provoking comment about the Bin Laden videos.