FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What music are you listening to while you are posting?

deanhills
I have a mixture of music that I listen to, but sometimes it is nice when it is quiet, particularly if I am posting in the early morning hours. Quiet also has a special sound of its own. Depending on my moods I can go from Bach's Preludes and Fugues, Mozart Piano Concerts, symphonies or requiems, Chopin, Rachmaninoff and other classics to heavy metal (I particularly like Eric Clapton, Brian May, Gary Moore etc). The one type of music I'm not very partial to is country & western. I like jazz, but not the brass types though, and also not in too heavy doses. Right now it is quiet around me while I am typing and it sounds just right.

How about you? Very Happy
standready
deanhills wrote:
The one type of music I'm not very partial to is country & western.

Same here or Opera for that matter!
Depending on my mood, I listen to piano (keyboard player in me), soft jazz to hard rock. Currently listening to (studying) Erroll Garner, an outstanding jazz pianist (40s-70s)
Vrythramax
@deanhills
Finally your banter has touched on a subject I can relate to! I prefer to listen to the blues when working with the PC (not just posting). I am particularly fond of Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Can anyone out there imagine what Stevie Ray Vaughan would be doing now if he hadn't died so tragically?

EDIT: Upon consideration this topic is best suited to the "Music" Forum.

Topic -moved- to the appropriate forum.
liljp617
It's different a lot of times. Dream Theater, Pantera, Gary Moore, SRV, Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society, The Guess Who, Stone Sour, Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest...list goes on.

Vrythramax wrote:
Can anyone out there imagine what Stevie Ray Vaughan would be doing now if he hadn't died so tragically?

Yeah.... Crying or Very sad You can say that about a number of people unfortunately -- Randy Rhoads, Jeff Buckley, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbot, Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Duane Allman, etc. etc.
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
The one type of music I'm not very partial to is country & western.

Same here or Opera for that matter!
I feel the same about Opera too, except now and then there are some good choruses. Wagner wrote some powerful stuff and the Pilgrim's Chorus of Tannhauser in particular is awesome and just seems to hit the right notes with me when the orchestra joins in. And Mozart's Requiem at the right moment is also great. I also like what Zucchero does with opera music, such as Misere. Smile
Vrythramax wrote:
@deanhills
Finally your banter has touched on a subject I can relate to! I prefer to listen to the blues when working with the PC (not just posting). I am particularly fond of Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Right. Eric Clapton is awesome, particularly in his older more wilder days. Ditto Brian May.

Vrythramax wrote:
EDIT: Upon consideration this topic is best suited to the "Music" Forum.

Topic -moved- to the appropriate forum.
Thanks. I was hoping to generate a thread that would get plenty of responses under General Chat as I don't know whether you've noticed, but we are short of posts now for more than a week. But you are right of course, it's a music topic. Nice to see you posting, and wish Bondings can come back as well. I don't know whether you've noticed, it is REALLY quiet on the Board. Smile
Ankhanu
I listen to the same stuff while posting that I'd listen to any time Razz
I've got about 116Gb of music in my playlist and I listen to it almost exclusively on random. Most of the music is rock/folk/pop based indie stuff, but there's a mix of rock, metal, indie, blues, new wave, postpunk, punk, etc. Most of my favorite stuff is based on solid, jangly guitar playing and interesting bass lines.
standready
deanhills wrote:
I don't know whether you've noticed, it is REALLY quiet on the Board.

It is so quiet that you can hear a pin drop!
zymmac
No music. But I'll probably hear some Chopin song in a little bit.
deanhills
Any fans of E Nomine? I've just hit on E Nomine by accident and then could not stop listening to it. Very Happy
tingkagol
^ Posting seems more purposeful with that music on. Like a hero scheming against the enemy in a motion picture or something. lol

I don't listen to specific music when posting. But I do know what kind of music I cannot listen to when posting - extreme metal. I like the genre a bit, but I can't think with it on. Makes me want to bang my head instead. Razz

At the moment I'm listening to some Miike Snow:
rocking
mostly metal,
Now I listening to Dicast in myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/diecast
rjraaz
i am listening "Pee loo tere neele neele hothon" song from movie Once upon a time in mumbai.
Uisdean
Well I am listening to " You Raise Me Up " during Posting right now . It is the nice son that I always play and listen while posting .
william
I almost always have some music playing whenever I am posting. Most often it is some form of hard rock. Right now I'm immersing myself in AC/DC's legendary album, Back in Black.
drummer
helter skelter - beatles
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbTnrVvlX4s[/youtube]
TheBigBlueBox
I'm listening to Coldplay's new song 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall'...it's an awesome song and I reckon you guys should give it a listen.

There's been loads of controversy about Coldplay sampling another track with this new one, but in all honesty...who cares? It's a great song, kinda anthemic, and it's got a really nice summer-y feel to it.

Are the any other Coldplay fans here? It seems most of us are in the closet about liking their music because people mock it so much!

Oh...the song's changed now to Led Zeppelin 'Over the Hills and Far..', also a great song!
Asap170
I listen to about every genre of music out there except classical and rap. At the moment I am listing to Ronnie Dunn - Bleed Red. But It can vary to Taylor Swift to Elvis Presely to Alyssa Reid to The Script to Enrique Inglesias to Elton John...
Kaitaye
Rox In The Box - The Decemberists
My friend send this to me - pretty Rolling Eyes
sandmanxyz
I'm listening to a lot of of Judas Priest stuff. I'm gonna see them in their upcoming Epitaph tour and I have to be ready! Very Happy
Radar
Dash & Will. I've tended to like their work more than I would expect, and managing to obtain a few song for free through various coincedences, at some stage actually acted on that and bought a few songs.
adri
It's about 50% radio and 50% iTunes. It actually depends on the time. Between 6 pm and 9 pm there is an awesome radio show on the belgian radio so when posting, like now (it's 7 pm), I'm listening to the radio. If it's in the middle of the day and I'm in the mood of listening, I listen to my iTunes, mostly Alternative songs.

adri
chartcentral
Most of the time, when I post in the morning, I'm listening to sounds from MYX, a local music video channel here in the Philippines. I keep the TV on, though I don't necessarily watch it, but keep it on the background while I do some computer tasks. Smile
tingkagol
MYX is still around? Damn... I thought all music channels have already died out.

Listening to some Dissociatives and Swervedriver at the moment.
gandalfthegrey
Lucio Dalla
Nameless
So am I the only one who finds music too distracting to listen to while posting? Confused
Ankhanu
Nameless wrote:
So am I the only one who finds music too distracting to listen to while posting? Confused

It's looking that way Smile
It distracts me too, but, posting isn't that big a deal really... it can afford a pause in order to pay extra attention to a great moment in music Wink
tomisme
Calm and peaceful music.
Sheep
Money by Pink floyd
gverutes
No music -- just TV