FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the best hotdog!

spinout
My passion is hotdogs... ouch...

We got 2 major brands here; the good tasting Sibylla and the bad tasting Solnakorv.

KORV means sausage in Swedish.

You can buy Sibylla hot dogs in big cans.

Other regular brands going on the supermarket is:
SCAN (quality brand)
Lithells (more into non-allergic products)

What is your favorites?

(I just grabbed a Sibylla bolied in the street! yum yum)
Peterssidan
I don't eat that much hotdogs but when I buy hotdogs I often buy Lithells because that's what they have that is cheap where I use to go. I prefer grilled or fried over boiled hotdogs.
emanuel2
I make my hotdogs by myself, they are the best, especially with a lot of onions Smile
captainsuperdude
Yeah here in canada we have 3 or 4 major super market chains which each have like like 5 or 6 respectively different brands of hotdog wieners.

But my province is one of the major hog-producing places in the world, so this may have something to do with it.

What I do is I grab sausages from the deli at a market whch has a good selection.
deanhills
captainsuperdude wrote:
Yeah here in canada we have 3 or 4 major super market chains which each have like like 5 or 6 respectively different brands of hotdog wieners.

But my province is one of the major hog-producing places in the world, so this may have something to do with it.

What I do is I grab sausages from the deli at a market whch has a good selection.
Am curious. Which province of Canada is a major hog-producing place?
Vrythramax
Hands down the WORLDS GREATEST hotdogs are from Nathan's Famous Frankfurters in Brooklyn, New York (USA)!

They are world class and world famous!
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
Hands down the WORLDS GREATEST hotdogs are from Nathan's Famous Frankfurters in Brooklyn, New York (USA)!

They are world class and world famous!
All food in New York is the best in any of the world food categories. Whatever it is, someone in New York has created the best out of it. I remember I had the best rice pudding ever when I was a student doing it on the cheap in New York. I had it at one of those corner delicatessen shops and I just could not believe that it could be that good. Smile
Vrythramax
@deanhills

It's not the the place that matters, or where it is....it's the darned hotdogs! They are quite simply THE BEST! ;P

Argue all you wish, but until you have tasted them and you can then compare.....THEY ARE THE BEST! Razz

*sidenote....deanhills you did the student thing in NY??
eday2010
I don't find much difference between brands of hot dogs you buy in the super market, except for Shopsy's. Those ones I do not like. Otherwise there is not much difference between Maple Leaf, Schneiders, or the store brand.

The best hot dogs you can buy as a meal varies. For steamed hot dogs, La Belle Province in Quebec has the best ones (using Lester hot dogs). For old fashioned roller-cooked hot dogs like you get at the movies, I haven't found any better than at 7-11.
deanhills
OK. I take your word for it. Honestly though, I've never really liked hotdogs. My first taste was on my first trip via New York (transferring via Newark in New Jersey) to Phoenix Arizona. My aunt and uncle were living in Paradise Valley, Phoenix at the time. I was really hungry, and the hot dog tasted awful. I've never had one since. I like a good sausage though that is cut up in jambalaya New Orleans. They really have good Cajun food over there.

Vrythramax wrote:
I was a student in South Africa, and as soon as I had scraped some spare cash together I used to travel the US. I got one of those special tickets with Delta Airlines, where one could travel for a month anywhere in the States on a standby basis for 299US$. New York was expensive, so I would travel in early in the morning and travel out in the early evening and stay nearby where I could get cheap accommodation. My food budget was really very low. So don't think I've ever been to a restaurant in New York. But I really love the place. I like the vibes. I like the people. I like the food.
deanhills
OK. I take your word for it. Honestly though, I've never really liked hotdogs. My first taste was on my first trip via New York (transferring via Newark in New Jersey) to Phoenix Arizona. My aunt and uncle were living in Paradise Valley, Phoenix at the time. I was really hungry, and the hot dog tasted awful. I've never had one since then. I like a good sausage though that is cut up in jambalaya New Orleans. They really have good Cajun food over there. That sausage I can appreciate. Very Happy

Vrythramax wrote:
I was a student in South Africa, and as soon as I had scraped some spare cash together I used to travel the US. I got one of those special tickets with Delta Airlines, where one could travel for a month anywhere in the States on a standby basis for 299US$. New York was expensive, so I would travel in early in the morning and travel out in the early evening and stay nearby where I could get cheap accommodation. My food budget was really very low. So don't think I've ever been to a restaurant in New York. But I really love the place. I like the vibes. I like the people. I like the "fast" food from the delicatessen shops.

My other favourite place at that time was Washington DC. I could not get enough of the Smithsonian Aerospace Institute and walking around the Government buildings was great fun. Plenty of history and really great architecture. Fortunately there was always a cheap place to stay in Washington DC. The Harrington Hotel, near F Street I think it was. Can't believe it, just checked the Harrington and the rates have more than quadrupled since then. I used to be able to get a room for 38US$ It's now over a 100US$ They must have upgraded the place!
ProwerBot
Personally I just buy whatever is on sale... works for me and probably a lot of people.
chartcentral
The best-tasting hotdog here is Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdog! Very Happy
ankitdatashn
I like Cold-Cats, Hot-Dogs wag their tails and that turns me off Smile I am a vegetarian By the way Smile