FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java runtime problem

iyepes
I'm trying to use a web site that has a java applet to tune your guitar http://www.seventhstring.com/tuner/tuner.html that applet should ask you to allow it permissions to input audio over your card, however I have a trouble with my Java Runtime, and it doesn't ask for permission, so the input is forbidden.

I'm unable to change internet explorer security setting for Java, since it doesn't appear on my config tabs, but the same behavior is repeated in mozilla, so I concluded the problem is about my JRE intallation.

Does anyone of you know a way to workaround this issue, it is supposed to be a way to change Java security settings, but I haven't found it (I use IE Cool
FunDa
Try updating your JRE installation.

It works fine for me.

Try another lash based guitar tuner till you get your Java running.

This guitar tuner seems to be pretty good.

http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

This one has the option to embed in your website too

http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/
iyepes
I updated the installation, but it continues not working. It means, Java works, but it never asks for permissions, so the applet is always forbidden.

The advantage of the tuner I mentioned is that it receives your guitar sound, so it acts as a conventional electronic tuner, telling you how near you are of the note.
FunDa
iyepes wrote:
I updated the installation, but it continues not working. It means, Java works, but it never asks for permissions, so the applet is always forbidden.

The advantage of the tuner I mentioned is that it receives your guitar sound, so it acts as a conventional electronic tuner, telling you how near you are of the note.

Oh, ok ... That sounds cool. Too bad the Java thing dint work out.

I'm out of ideas.

Do let us know on the forum when u finally fix it.
ProfessorY91
Quote:
I use IE

There's your problem right there. I have two suggestions, none of which will be a definitive fix.

- Uninstall and reinstall Java.
- I browse using Google Chrome, and it works for me.
- If you have an aggressive firewall / antivirus application - it can mess with security as well. I doubt this though.
rockpan
open your control panel, and then you will find java control panel.
iyepes
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Quote:
I use IE

There's your problem right there. I have two suggestions, none of which will be a definitive fix.

Nope, as I told above, Mozilla shows the same behavior. I also did the reinstallation thing, and it didn't work.

Your suggestion about firewall and OS security could be a hint. I'll try them.
iyepes
rockpan wrote:
open your control panel, and then you will find java control panel.

Java control panel doesn't have a security setting I can modify to allow applet to receive input sound.