FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fishing

ChrisOz
I like fishing i fish all the time, i prefer river fishing but sea fishing is kool. Who else likes fishing here tell us a story about your trips!!
goutha
ChrisOz wrote:
I like fishing i fish all the time, i prefer river fishing but sea fishing is kool. Who else likes fishing here tell us a story about your trips!!

I love fishing. Sea fishing is harder than river. I love both, but maybe prefer sea fising.

Welcome on Frihost!
ocalhoun
Moved to Hobbies & Animals.
emanuel2
I must have been ages since I fished the last time. I really loved it as a kid, but nowadays I don't even have a rod any more Crying or Very sad
watersoul
I love sea fishing, from the waters edge, pier, harbour wall or in my kayak in the summer. Mostly Mackerel, Pollack, and Mullet, but I have caught the odd Bass and quite a few Dogfish over the years.
Usually I'm found fishing with a few friends and/or my son and it's an all day/night event which involves camping at the shore with a driftwood fire to cook and eat our catch while we're there Smile

Never tried river fishing (apart from tidal estuaries) as I've always lived by the sea, and also because here in the UK most riverbanks are owned by someone and are regulated requiring the purchase of a license - The ocean still remains free though, for now!
standready
I like fishing. Actually like going somewhere quiet, throwing a line out, Laying back and slipping a brew maybe even napping. Alright fish, leave my line alone. I know I did not put any bait on it!
jwellsy
My favorite is catching Northern Pike on a fly rod.

I'm going to Alaska in 2012 and I have always wanted to catch a greyling.
deanhills
Poor fish ..... Shocked Only kidding ....

Wonder how long we will still be able to go fishing at the rate the environment is going? Fish seems to be in short supply. Maybe one of these days they will have to farm fish artificially and then populate a river with the farm grown fish in areas where people have to pay in order to fish? Sad
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Maybe one of these days they will have to farm fish artificially and then populate a river with the farm grown fish in areas where people have to pay in order to fish? Sad

We're already close to that stage now Dean, here's some figures relating to farmed fish in the UK:
Quote:
The main finfish species farmed is rainbow trout (7,294 tonnes). There is also limited production of other species, such as brown trout (441 tonnes), carp (175 tonnes) Atlantic salmon (63 tonnes), turbot (63.5 tonnes), barramundi (45 tonnes), tilapia (33 tonnes), for a total fish farm production in England and Wales of 8,127 tonnes (2006 figures). Shellfish farm production totalled 15,449 tonnes in 2006, the main species cultivated being mussels (14,553 tonnes) and oysters (880 tonnes).
http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/fisheries/farm-health/aquaculture.htm

And it does have it's problems:
Quote:
Enteric Redmouth (ERM)

ERM is an economically important disease principally affecting young farmed rainbow trout and is caused by the bacterium Yersinia ruckeri.
[...]
All wild and farmed salmonids are susceptible. Within the UK the disease is widespread but successfully controlled through vaccination, occasional outbreaks can occur resulting in the requirement for antibiotic treatment.
Shockedhttp://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/farmanimal/diseases/atoz/

Thats why I either catch my own or only buy from a local Fishmonger who sources from a nearby fishing port - at least that way the fish can be from the boat to my plate in less than 12 hours.
OK, it means less variety but I always feel that if it doesn't swim locally them I'm probably not meant to be eating it! Smile
nigam
I love fishing....once i can catch a fish...i feel happy....it really a different thing...nice experience...
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Thats why I either catch my own or only buy from a local Fishmonger who sources from a nearby fishing port - at least that way the fish can be from the boat to my plate in less than 12 hours.
OK, it means less variety but I always feel that if it doesn't swim locally them I'm probably not meant to be eating it! Smile
You're right. It is scary, particularly since I love to eat fish. This is the reason why I have not had fish in a while, although if I had the opportunity you have, I would have eaten fish. Today when I was shopping in the Supermarket, I saw some frozen fish from South Africa. It really looked great on the box as it always does, and I&J is a really reliable name, but a little voice just said, not a good idea. I live inland, and of course it is hot around here as well. On the coast however, if I should have an opportunity and know that the fish is fresh directly from the sea, I may go for it.
Fishing10
Im am From Turkey.There are lots of fish.common sea fishing.I Love Fishing Smile Laughing
Fishing10
I agree wit you ChrisOz
siems90
I was fishing too. I fished many long fishes .......
The weather was bad, but that was no problem Very Happy
I like fishing, how many other people. I hope i will do it again in my life.
syj824
not like fishing, Sad ,,,poor fish,but it is delicious
Tesa323
I haven't really gone fishing in a long time. The last time I went fishing was a couple years ago when I went to mexico. I also caught a a turtle while fishing
brianj
i am fihing a lot when i got free times but recently i barely got the times. maybe next month..
mazito
i used to fish, but now i dont have time, but never in river or sea, i used to go to a artificial Lker near to my town, and did it several years
Peterssidan
In the summer I use to go fishing in a sea. We fish from a boat often using kastspö (not sure what the correct English word is). Sometimes we also use classic fishing rods. In the winter if the ice is thick enough it happens that we fish using jig twigs. We get mostly European perch. We also get some pikes but we often throw them back in the water unless they are quite big because they are harder to kill, harder to clean and have more bones. We also get common roach but we always throw them back unless we use them as bait because they say it contains a lot of bones (I have never eaten one myself). I don't think I have ever got anything else on the hook. well, I have got twigs and water lilies but they aren't fish Wink
AsadAnsari
Las time when i had fishing .. we were returning way back to home and our ride which was a bike was snatched .. and we were 100 miles away from our home.. its not unforgettable 6 man with gun..

the most irritating thing was .. we just caught a single fish which was only 4" long .
but thanks God they didn't hurt us or shoot us, and they forgot to take my cell with them.

but i still love that place to visit .. its beautiful there .. It called Hub Dam, its near Karachi.
faten
i hope i can do that
vidafenomenal
sorry, I like fishing, but I never tried.
Blaster

Sorry it reminded me of the song

I do in fact enjoy fishing. I ten to fish in the Ocean when I do go though. Sometimes deep sea fishing. Its free to fish in the ocean... not in ponds or rivers around my way. Its been a while though since i've fished.
mukesh
I also like fishing about 2 years continue fishing when was in Village.
suitza
Hmm, I wanna go fishing. Have to find my rod someday and ready it for the next summer. I think its going to be too cold for fishing in finland in this year Smile
alli2000
only in PS3 Smile, i just don't have that extra patience..
loyal
Any guides that people want to recommend for people interested in taking up fishing?
hitman3000
same to me i like fishing here in canal and i got the gold mines